Ratings - Norwich (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

I think singling out players for criticism after a tough battling performance is harsh, Allen as an example worked his nuts off again as usual turning up on the left then the right. m-o-m, Giles going to turn out a class act.
Wilson kept his goal well made two or three crucial saves, unlucky with pen I’ve always said though keepers would save more penalties if they didn’t dive that pen was straight at him, that’s not a criticism.

speedie87

Wilson 7
Dabo 8
Ostigard 6 to negative on this ball
Mcfadzean 7
Hyam 7
Giles 9
Kelly 8
Sheaf 6
Ohare 7
Allen 6
Baka 6

fernandopartridge

Wilson 7
Giles 8
Dabo 7
Ostigard 6
McFadzean 6
Hyam 6
Sheaf 6
Kelly 7
O'Hare 7
Allen 6
Baka 6

Walker 6
Biamou 7 (for goal only)
Hamer 7
Shipley 6
Jobello 5

SleepyGinger

Wilson 8.5- brilliant double save plus a couple of others, wasn’t a pen and he almost got it with his feet.

Dabo 8- that’s the Dabo we know and love, tired out but he’s getting there

Ostigard 6.5- when he stops doing everything at 100mph and calms down a bit he’ll be a great centre half

Mcfadzean 7- not as involved as Cardiff but steady and no mistakes.

Hyam 8- what a rise this lad has had, playing as a right footer on the left too, rolls Royce

Giles 7.5- beat his man a few times and didn’t let us down defensively, good outlet.

Sheaf 6.5- good player in him but he spends to long on the ball, lost possession a few times

Kelly 7- nothing spectacular today but the record since he came in says it all

Ohare 7- works his socks off and got the ability too should always be starting for me.

Allen 6.5- done ok, gets too much stick on here for me.

Bakayoko 7.5- won a lot of areal duels against 2 experienced centre halves at this level, he’s not gonna be our main man we all know that but he was ok today.

All the subs did OK.

Hobo

Kelly comes back and we stop shipping goals.

No brainier.
Not the Kelly and McFadzean who won't be good enough for The Championship?

Esoterica

There are some crazily high ratings on here for a 1-1 draw against a poor Norwich side, where we were 2nd best until the subs were made. Think a late equaliser has gone to people's heads - there were no 9s out there on the pitch today.

Magwitch

There are some crazily high ratings on here for a 1-1 draw against a poor Norwich side, where we were 2nd best until the subs were made. Think a late equaliser has gone to people's heads - there were no 9s out there on the pitch today.
IA poor Norwich side ? I think this was an all round 7 out of ten performance to be fair a lot been said about the Norwich absentees be we had a lot out too.

rob9872

Tbh with where we've been in the past few years, now competing with arguably a premiership squad, with 4 players still from L2, then I think a few ott Mark's in exuberation are perfectly understandable.

clint van damme

its almost as if people have got it into their heads that Norwich are top of the league

clint van damme

I console myself with fact that they dont get to enjoy days like this

I mean we have won 2 leagues in 3 years and they prob didn't spend most of those seasons in a happy mood!

Fucking sad that is

if we'd been taken over by a rich sugar daddy and spunked 20 million close season I could perhaps humour it but fucking hell, we're up against it in terms of budget and experience and we're doing great.

Johhny Blue

I think singling out players for criticism after a tough battling performance is harsh, Allen as an example worked his nuts off again as usual turning up on the left then the right. m-o-m, Giles going to turn out a class act.
Wilson kept his goal well made two or three crucial saves, unlucky with pen I’ve always said though keepers would save more penalties if they didn’t dive that pen was straight at him, that’s not a criticism.
They get even more criticism if they guess middle and it goes either side

87 n all that

When you see a penalty shootout 2 out of 5 usually go down the middle (international tournaments, or maybe in general) but imagine if a keeper didn’t commit and all went into the corner. I remember Germany’s pens in WC 90. All expertly taken in the corner and Shilton had no chance on any. Suppose as a keeper you’ve got to commit.

Grendel

SlowerThanPlatt

Christ, this is your worst take yet. Do you not think in this day and age with all the data clubs and coaches have available they would have found that out by now?

Londonccfcfan

Wilson 8
Dabo 8
Osti 7
McFadz 7
Hyam 8
Giles 8
Kelly 7
Sheaf 6
Allen 6
O’Hare 7
Baka 5

Hamer 8
Shipley 6
Walker 6
Biamou 8
Jobello 6

Spot on. My ratings would be almost identical.

What a difference Hamer made...he created about 3 chances in the 28 mins he was on the pitch.

What a ball to Giles for the cross.

Giles..he's getting better and better.

When you consider.

Godden/MaCallum/Da Costa/Marosi/Jones injured.

What a decent squad we have to bring on those 5 subs.

Esoterica

its almost as if people have got it into their heads that Norwich are top of the league
The result was a good one, I'm happy with it. Thought player ratings were for how well our players played though, but if there is some special formula I need to factor in that includes opposition budgets and league position please share it. Will be harsh on Walker when he scores a hattrick vs Wycombe and we can't give him more than a 6 on the CVD scale because they are lower than us the league and have a smaller budget.

Londonccfcfan

agreed. If we didn’t get that equaliser,i can imagine some of the comments. It was such a good display today.

I have always believed in performances. If we had lost the performance would have heartened me.

We battered forest travesty we lost that.
We were very good vs Bristol/Swansea/and Watford too.

Sooner or later the performances were going to get points and maybe the luck was going to change.

Grendel

The result was a good one, I'm happy with it. Thought player ratings were for how well our players played though, but if there is some special formula I need to factor in that includes opposition budgets and league position please share it. Will be harsh on Walker when he scores a hattrick vs Wycombe and we can't give him more than a 6 on the CVD scale because they are lower than us the league and have a smaller budget.

If we hadn’t scored in the last minute the ratings would be less. It’s an emotional reaction to the goal

stevefloyd

I thought we played very well today, they showed real quality on the ball and passed it about superbly but we stuck in there and battled well had our chances and eventually carved out a goal...considering they are top of the league and obviously had better players the only real thing we lacked is a few quality players but a well earned and deserved point nonetheless...lets enjoy it until the next game

Grendel

the song and dance they made in commentary about their injuries was embarrassing though.
Admittedly it's one of the worse injuries lists I've seen but they're still miles ahead of us in terms of resource, I can't consider today anything but a good result.

It is but today they had the equivalent of Shipley up front. Why as a club if their size I don’t know but it was a weak team forward wise

clint van damme

from a usually sensible poster those comments are silly. To be honest I personally wouldn't have given anyone a 9 (though I never do ratings on here anyway).
We gained a very credible draw with the league leaders and a team who will probably go up via the autos, so what if peoples marks are a little generous?
I don't care how many injuries Norwich had, they still have far more resource available than we do, it was a great performance and result as far as I'm concerned.

SleepyGinger

Yeah they had a few missing, so did we? We have just gone away to a team that we’re premier league last year, top of the league this season and got a point. With a team containing players who have been deemed not good enough for league 1. Max scoring the equaliser who has constantly been slated on here. They can’t be that bad?

Users who are viewing this thread