Fleck 8
Vincelot 9
Fortune 4
Armstrong 8

Kent 7
JOB 8
Haynes 6

lifeskyblue

I'd go with Shaw but increase Martin by 1 and Murphy by 2 (for second half)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brizzle

RCC 7
Phillips 7
Martin 7
Ricketts 7
Stokes 7
Lameris 6
Murphy 7
Fleck 8
Vincelot 9
Fortune 4
Armstrong 8
subs
Kent 7
JOB 8
Haynes 6

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I'd go with Shaw but increase Martin by 1 and Murphy by 2 (for second half)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought Martin was back to his old self until they put the lump on and starting hoofing & it played into his own hands!

And I did put 2 on for
Murphy for the 2nd half! His first half 'performance' was a disgrace sulking around like a 7 year old won't do him
Any favours in a higher league.

But I'm glad he came to life as per last 25 mins : )

Grendel

Vincelot was totally to blame for the first goal and completely anonymous for 45 minutes

Hobo

RCC 7. A couple of parrys he was luck with but he does react well. distribution good and a couple of decent 2nd half saves.

Phillips 6 looked off the pace in the first half but got better as game went on.

Stokes 7 provides a bit of a mixed bag but keeps going. Can't fault his effort.

Martin 6. Fairly steady

Rickets 7. Got better as the game went on. The midfield made the defence look poor in the first half.

Vincelot 7 Did all the unsung stuff in the first half. Had a bit more swagger in 2nd half with the assistance of O'Brien. Good goal. Actually I'll give him 8 as he clattered their no 10 after half time who was the best player on the pitch in the first half.

Fleck 7 had a steady game. But I cannot ever get excited over such a one footed professional footballer, anymore than I could Paul Cooke.

Lamieras 6 certainly wasn't the worst performer in the first half.

Fortune 5 ponderous and cumbersome rather than dominant and positive.

Murphy 6 absolutely woeful in the first half. Too much nonchalance and swagger without any grit and determination. Completed one pass of medium difficulty. Didn't deserve a shirt in the second half. Came to life with 3 or 4 good runs but only after the city were back in it. He needs to learn to dig himself out of a hole rather than rely on others to do it for him. Sorry but 10 minutes over 90 isn't enough.

Armstrong 9 things weren't going his way in the first half but kept working and still hit the post and created a good chance before half time. Really got the measure of the Posh defenders and finished them off, class.

OBrien 8 injected much needed pace, tempo and aggression. Game changer.

Kent 8 came on and his first three runs and delivery were poor. But unlike Murphy doesn't hide and go in his shell. He kept going learnt from his errors and frightened the Posh defenders.

forgot Haynes 6 did ok

First half our midfield gave Posh to much space and their two touch football was a delight. They must have thought it was a training session. Two good goals and they deserved their half time lead.

OBrien and Kent introduced pace tempo and commitment and it all fell apart for Posh. Well done City worthy winners in the end.

Last edited:

covcity4life

Rcc 8 big saves kept us in it
Phillips terrible first half but his second half brings his rating to a 6 for me.
Stokes 6
Martin 7 really strong near end
Ricketts 6
Fleck 8 came out like a warrior 2nd half
Vincelot 8
Lamieres 6
Murphy 6 because of 2 asisted. 4 otherwise
Maf 4
Armstrong 9

Job 8
Kent 7
Haynes n/a

bruthead

Everyone is being v. kind to Kent who got into some good positions but had virtually no end product, a couple of weak shots was about it and he kept overrunning the ball as well as putting in a shocker of a cross when Armstrong was open in the box on a counter-attack.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Everyone is being v. kind to Kent who got into some good positions but had virtually no end product, a couple of weak shots was about it and he kept overrunning the ball as well as putting in a shocker of a cross when Armstrong was open in the box on a counter-attack.

That 'cross' by Kent 2 mins into the 2nd half when he just had to roll AA IN, he absolutely belted it out for a throwing, sums up his final product at the minute!

jabharty

Genuinely think Kent was huge in us getting back into it. Got the crowd roaring every time he ran at their defence, can't imagine the confidence that gave the others. If he finds an end product he will be an amazing player

Hobo

Kent pulled their defenders all over the place, drawing three players to him everytime he got the ball. That was the end product.

His first cross was woeful, but he stuck to the task and didn't let his head drop. He sometimes wants to beat his player twice and needs to learn to off load a bit quicker.

But his movement off the ball was very good which was creating space for Vincelot, JOB and Armstrong. Their defence and midfield pulling across to cover Kent opened it up for Murphy on the other flank second half. He put in a great shift and was a key component of City's comeback.

Sky Blue Pete

Agree about Kent. Think both he and Murphy will struggle to make premiership but will be top championship players no doubt. Armstrong with confidence and leading the line has everything

covboy9

Charles-Cook 8, decision making brilliant
Phillips 7, Improved as game wore on, committed
Stokes 7, Bombed on good game
Martin 7, Mowbray has turned this guy around
Ricketts 7, Real leader
Fleck 8, Sensational 2nd half
Vincelot 8, as above
Murphy 6, No half measures with this guy was abysmal for most of game but is such a threat
Lameiras 5, struggles with team shape, lacks pace
Armstrong 8, has to play upfront
Fortune 5, does not fit into this team at home

Subs

O'Brien 9, outrageous
Kent 7, if this guy gets it right he'll be amazing
Haynes 6

stupot07

Difficult to rate players over very contrasting halves

RCC 8
Philips 6
Martin 6
Ricketts 6
Stokes 6
Lamieres 6
Fleck 6
Vincelot 8
Murphy 6
Armstrong 8
Fortune 4

Subs
Job 9
Kent 6
Haynes 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Lord_Nampil

I still think its scary Maddision hasn't been in the England set up yet, Kent has! He's a frustrating one but helped out an awful lot yesterday! If only he could shoot, pass and cross as well has he can dribble.......

covboy9

fleck 6? crazy

Difficult to rate players over very contrasting halves

RCC 8
Philips 6
Martin 6
Ricketts 6
Stokes 6
Lamieres 6
Fleck 6
Vincelot 8
Murphy 6
Armstrong 8
Fortune 4

Subs
Job 9
Kent 6
Haynes 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

fleck 6? crazy

Over the whole game. He was about 4 in the first half and an 8 in the second. I've tried to mark the team over 90 minutes not just the second half.

Last edited:

speedie87

Rcc - 6 I thought the 2nd goal was saveable at the time , made a couple of good saves 2nd half being quick off his line.
Phillips 6 thought he gave us something going forward once Kent came on.
Ricketts 5 thought that was his worst game he's had.
Martin 6 for first time ever he was covering for others
Stokes 5 at fault for first goal
Fleck 7 their number ten was sent out to mark him out the game but 2 nd half managed to get in it
Vincelot 8 was quality 2nd half reminded me of George boateng at times for being everywhere
Murphy 7 yes he was awful first half but he's always better 2nd halves when defenders tire and can make things happen.

Armstrong 8
MAF 3 he was most definitely the root course of the problems first half

JOB 8 I'm not his biggest fan but he was just what we needed yesterday

Kent 7 helped changed the game is almost brilliant.... 3 words no end product

Haynes 5

ccfc_Tom

Stand out performances were vincelot from start to finish, second half he was absolute quality, fleck went from awful first half to his usual self second. JOB great substitution, big fan of his - doesn't stop running and pulls out moments of genious. Only really bad performance I thought was ricketts which was a first for him - was pretty much a shambles for alot of it - kept letting them through and getting turned/outpaced

Littlewood CCFC

RCC 7 - Not much he could do about either goal really his distribution is so much better than burges , I think that's why Mowbray has stuck by him
Phillips 6 - thought his first touch and moving forward was quite good but like all the defence they got the run around from p'boroughs forwards
Martin 6 - Good 2nd half but 1st half got caught out time and time again
Rickets 6 - same as martin good 2nd half but their forwards were causing so many problems.. really missed redas dominance in the air
Stokes 6 - Same as phillips
lameiras 6.5 - I actually thought he was one of our better players in the first half played some very nice passes, quite unlucky to come off but you cant argue with Mowbrays subs! turned the game around
Vincelot 8 - Warrior, exactly the kind of centre midfielder this clubs needed for many years
Fleck 9 - my MOTM. Granted he Weren't at it in the first half 2nd half he carried the team forward he was absolutely everywhere.
Murphy 7 - Very frustrating player indeed but ain't it typical of our fans to slate a player and boo the team at half time after one bad half of football. He kept at it and set up 2 of the 3 goals, fair play.
Fortune 5 - Can see his strengths but missed a sitter IMO hit it straight at the keeper from 12 yards not good enough.
Armstrong 8 - fairly anonymous for a lot of the game but wow when he comes alive what a player this lad will be. Outrageous chop for his 2nd goal.

JOB 8 - Needed his energy to stop their midfield playing pretty passes around us. Very good sub
Kent 8 - Reminds me a young Ronaldo where he has such raw ability but when he gains an end product he could be a diamond. Obviously hes no Ronaldo but he could be a good Liverpool player in the future

skyblue94

Cook 8
Phillips 6
Martin 6
Ricketts 7
Stokes 6
Fleck 8
Vincelot 8
Murphy 7
Lameiras 6
Armstrong 8
Fortune 4