RATINGS FOLKS v Peterborough (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

sorry are you drunk your taking about the two players which set up both our goals norwood had some bad passes but also had fantastic ones and Clarke did more attacking than husey did and at least stayed in position when defending hussey should have made tackle for first goal and he should have Ran with the ball more he had acres of space but just stood there i like him a lot but was poor.

Yeah, you try accelerating at pace when you require an operation..

..anyway, you must be drunk, as he was highly effective running with the ball at feet. How you can't have seen that I don't know!

My comments about Norwood were in response to the glowing praise-bit of perspective, eh? Yeah so he played 3 or 4 great passes. He also completely screwed up 3 or 4 Hollywood balls where he sprayed it around cockily saying "look at me, I'm a Man U player".

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

How can anyone rate Hussey he was our weakest leak again today all he ever does is back off wingers he constantly gives the ball away he never beats a man and his crossing is terrible if you go shopping in the lower leagues you get sub standard players baker is another example

Erm, he beat his man about 4 times today...

Yorkshire SB

..anyway, you must be drunk, as he was highly effective running with the ball at feet. How you can't have seen that I don't know!

My comments about Norwood were in response to the glowing praise-bit of perspective, eh? Yeah so he played 3 or 4 great passes. He also completely screwed up 3 or 4 Hollywood balls where he sprayed it around cockily saying "look at me, I'm a Man U player".

Your comments about Norwood are absolutely ridiculous. He clearly has the ability to spray 30 yard 'Hollywood passes' in his locker. Both our goals today should be heavily accredited to him. Usually the term 'Hollywood pass' is something used by sunday league players to their overly confident centre midfielder. Norwood is a highly-rated, young Man Utd player and our last three goals have all come due to that quality that he has. Therefore you simply cannot criticise the lad for trying 3 or 4 more during the game. I specifically remember one where we were countering and he struck a ball a good 45, 50 yards and the defender just got his head on it, had the defender missed that, we were in again.

Additionally Hussey's defence that he requires an operation is just ridiculous. If he couldn't sprint or accelerate at pace there's no way he'd have been playing. Moreover his running was average, he rarely beat his man, instead crossing from much deeper (crosses that were continually over hit). He then did a nice couple of moves with McSheffrey second half, but his final ball wasn't good enough, specifically one occasion when he decided to try and beat the keeper at his near post instead of picking out a player with a cross.

skybluegod

i applaud him for playing through the pain but he needs to make runs when he's got that much space and his crossing was terrible yesterday and norwood was trying to set up more goals as he could see the space and that Clarke was running into it unlike hussey.

warpau87

Murphy 6.5, Hussey 6, Cranie 6, Keogh 7, Clarke 7. Bigiramana 5, McSheffrey 6.5, Clingan 6.5, Norwood 8, Nimely 6, McDonald 6 (Platt 5)

need a few more 7's tmoz to get anything.......

warpau87

Only players that i would rate as 7 today were Keogh,Norwood,Clarke. The rest were 6's besides Hussey and Bigi both looked way off the pace 5's.
I thought Hussey was like are very own Gareth Bale with his trademark runs and pinpoint crosses, Norwood was class for a moment I thought it was Scholesy...:thinking about:and Nimely is nimble with the ball at his feet 'The boys got magic in his boots'....

Otis

Hussey's crossing may well be described as being pinpoint ...... if he was pinpointing the corner flag that is.

Skybluedar

Murphy - 5 Chipped easily for first goal, didn't come and catch the corner when they scored, made some decent saves, but overall poor.
Clarke - 7 Had a decent game, took him a while to get going first half but got into some good positions, should work on crossing a little.
Keogh - 8 Solid as always, rock in defence. Made some great tackles at vital times.
Cranie - 7 Was ok, should be closing players like Sinclair down quicker.
Hussey - 7 had a good game, was excellent down the left linking up with Sheffs and can really put the ball into some dangerous areas, shooting more now too.
Clingan - 7 had a good game, was looking to pass and move forward.
Norwood - 7 always involved in our goals but still feel he could add a little more throughout the game in the centre of the pitch, had one woeful shot.
Sheff - 7.5 worked hard for the team, good moves going forward always looking to get a shot away.
Cody - 9 caused them problems, great goal and unlucky with the header that came back off the post.
Nimely - 7 felt that he didn't cause as much problems as he is capable of. The long ball first half was a terrible tactical decision overall which doesn't suit his style.

subs:
platt - 6 apparently carrying a knock, must have been the case as he wasn't up to much, don't think he won 1 header.
deegan - 6 didn't see him do anything, not even kick someone.

AT - 6 It was very worrying to see us constantly go back to Murphy to hoof it up the pitch right through the first half, without Platt on the pitch, I thought those days (under Aidy) were behind us. We were def not playing to our strengths and we were lucky to go in 2-1 at half time. In a game that we badly needed to win, the ref was poor, the effort was there but the way we setup, particularly first half was shocking and overall we didn't have enough about us to win today.

Otis

Murphy - 5 Chipped easily for first goal, didn't come and catch the corner when they scored, made some decent saves, but overall poor.
Clarke - 7 Had a decent game, took him a while to get going first half but got into some good positions, should work on crossing a little.
Keogh - 8 Solid as always, rock in defence. Made some great tackles at vital times.
Hussey - 7 had a good game, was excellent down the left linking up with Sheffs and can really put the ball into some dangerous areas, shooting more now too.
Norwood - 7 always involved in our goals but still feel he could add a little more throughout the game in the centre of the pitch, had one woeful shot.
Sheff - 7.5 worked hard for the team, good moves going forward always looking to get a shot away.
Cody - 9 caused them problems, great goal and unlucky with the header that came back off the post.
Nimely - 7 felt that he didn't cause as much problems as he is capable of. The long ball first half was a terrible tactical decision overall which doesn't suit his style.

subs:
platt - 6 apparently carrying a knock, must have been the case as he wasn't up to much, don't think he won 1 header.

AT - 6 It was very worrying to see us constantly go back to Murphy to hoof it up the pitch right through the first half, without Platt on the pitch, I thought those days (under Aidy) were behind us. We were def not playing to our strengths and we were lucky to go in 2-1 at half time. In a game that we badly needed to win, the ref was poor, the effort was there but the way we setup, particularly first half was shocking and overall we didn't have enough about us to win today.

To defend AT though here on this, I have to say that the long hoof was not a tactic in my book. Peterborough did a very thorough job of denying us space and closing us down, especially in our own half, so therefore when we tried to play the ball through the midfield they closed us down so quickly we were unable to do this.

We were therefore forced into playing the long ball rather than it being a tactic of choice.

skybluegod

subs:

cody was unlucky hitting the post twice.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree with you about Hussey, he did well for the majority of the game.

I also agree with the other guy though about your Norwood comments, if we didn't have him we would have lost the game. Would you have preferred him to become Sideways Sammy V2 by playing the simple passes 10/10 times?

stupot07

To defend AT though here on this, I have to say that the long hoof was not a tactic in my book. Peterborough did a very thorough job of denying us space and closing us down, especially in our own half, so therefore when we tried to play the ball through the midfield they closed us down so quickly we were unable to do this.

We were therefore forced into playing the long ball rather than it being a tactic of choice.

Agreed - Peterborough pressed us very high up the pitch, and got on the fullbacks quickly forcing us to go long.

Skybluedar

Will have to agree to disagree then on this one. Every time that Murphy had the ball, which was quite a lot, we didn't have one player actually looking for the ball (of Clingan, and the back 4). There was no real effort made to pass short at all. So it wasn't like Peterborough needed to press us in that regard, as it wasn't necessary. There is no doubt that they were very quick to close us down and press us back when we had it, but we did not endeavour to play the short pass and it was just coming back every time.

Otis

Will have to agree to disagree then on this one. Every time that Murphy had the ball, which was quite a lot, we didn't have one player actually looking for the ball (of Clingan, and the back 4). There was no real effort made to pass short at all. So it wasn't like Peterborough needed to press us in that regard, as it wasn't necessary. There is no doubt that they were very quick to close us down and press us back when we had it, but we did not endeavour to play the short pass and it was just coming back every time.

We will have to agree to disagree then, because Murphy was trying to roll the ball out to the fullbacks on numerous occasions, but the fullbacks were being closed down too quickly and then therefore had to punt it forwards.

The long punt was not a chosen tactic.

Skybluedar

We will have to agree to disagree then, because Murphy was trying to roll the ball out to the fullbacks on numerous occasions, but the fullbacks were being closed down too quickly and then therefore had to punt it forwards.

The long punt was not a chosen tactic.

Well I was sitting 10 rows up behind Murphy in the first half, if they did try it then I don't remember. Perhaps he did twice in the first 5 mins and abandoned it then. I was looking for someone to drop and take it. He was looking at 4 defenders backs 90% of the time if not more, that he had the ball...

Otis

I guess the only way to know for certain is to track down AT and ask him ourselves.

ccfcrob

Yeah your right.

Look at other the lower league players:

Keogh: Crap
Westwood: Crap
Fox: Crap
Dann: Crap
Cody (Practically signed from lower leagues as thats where he played his football): Crap

Whereas there's two fellas we got from Sunderland that were awesome. ROD was one and the other was... Oh yeah... Kevin Kyle.

Shopping in the lower leagues definately doesn't work, We should stick to Championship or higher.

What a ridiculous statement to make the minority of players in the lower leagues can step up however the majority of playerd are there because its there standard they are there because they are simply not good enough fact

Users who are viewing this thread