Clingan 7

Cody 8
Nimely 7

MoM:

HUSSEY shades it from McDonald

PUSB

Astute

Agree with most of that

MOM Between Clarke, Hussey and Cody. Would have given it to Cody if either of his attempts that hit the woodwork went in. Just about give it to Hussey.

Ian 0....what a pr!ck. Shows how much he knows when he don't even know what he has already said.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Murphy-7
Clarke-8 Created the 2 goals by getting well forward
Keogh-8 Great blocks throughout the whole game
Cranie-7 Did ok but felt he struggled against Sinclair at times
Hussey-7 Crossing was very inconsistent but got forward well
Clingan-7 We know what to expect now, starts most of our moves with 5 yard triangle passes in the midfield but rarely anything penetrative
Norwood-8 Two best passes of the game got us our goals
Gael-6 Wasn't very good tbh, I would play Deegan on Monday
Mcsheff-7 Good pen, had other flashes of quality i.e back heel to release Hussey
Cody-7 Good goal but should have scored more
Nimely-6 Never got in the game, looks to have lost his confidence in his dribbling ability and we are not seeing much of his flair

Poor first half lit up by two moment of great quality for our goals, the cross field ball from Norwood to Clarke is becoming a real weapon for us. Much better second half and we should have put Peterborough away with the chances we created before and after the equaliser. I didn't feel we were prepared properly for Peterborough corners, they had a lot of variety and caught us out a few times and eventually scored from one.

Otis

Murphy-7
Clarke-8 Created the 2 goals by getting well forward
Keogh-8 Great blocks throughout the whole game
Cranie-7 Did ok but felt he struggled against Sinclair at times
Hussey-7 Crossing was very inconsistent but got forward well
Clingan-7 We know what to expect now, starts most of our moves with 5 yard triangle passes in the midfield but rarely anything penetrative
Norwood-8 Two best passes of the game got us our goals
Gael-6 Wasn't very good tbh, I would play Deegan on Monday
Mcsheff-7 Good pen, had other flashes of quality i.e back heel to release Hussey
Cody-7 Good goal but should have scored more
Nimely-6 Never got in the game, looks to have lost his confidence in his dribbling ability and we are not seeing much of his flair

Poor first half lit up by two moment of great quality for our goals, the cross field ball from Norwood to Clarke is becoming a real weapon for us. Much better second half and we should have put Peterborough away with the chances we created before and after the equaliser. I didn't feel we were prepared properly for Peterborough corners, they had a lot of variety and caught us out a few times and eventually scored from one.

Agree with nearly all that. I would have Norwood as MOTM. 2 sublime passess to set up both goals and for that reason he shades it over Jordan Clarke.

SkyBlue

Hussey? Shocking defensively, couldn't put a tackle into Taylor. Cody was quality and our only goal-threat, Nimely poor again

torchomatic

People are saying, rightly so, that Gael was poor and then give him a six. He was a four for me. The ball is like a hot potato and he can't wait to get rid of it. Great game though, very exciting. Shame we couldn't get the win, but hitting the woodwork four times so it shows we can attack when we want to. Peterborough were a lot better team than I'd previously give them credit for. Brilliant first goal for them.

torchomatic

Hussey shocking defensively?! Fantastic player. He was my MOTM.

Hussey? Shocking defensively, couldn't put a tackle into Taylor. Cody was quality and our only goal-threat, Nimely poor again

skybluegod

murphy-7
clarke-9
keogh-8
craine-7
hussey-6.5
clingan-7
norwood-8
bigi-6.5
sheffers-7.5
cody-9
nimley-7

subs:
platt-6
deegan-6

motm clarke/cody well played both of them cody unluckyy hitting poat twice clrke god assits clingan best gam of the season i've seen him play, hussey was poor in my opinion.

torchomatic

Hussey poor? We must be watching different games. I thought he was great today.

Nonleagueherewecome

in what way was he good IMO he didn't contribute apart from the odd pass here and there.

Lots of good quick passing, 4 or 5 cracking runs, couple of strong tackles to win 50-50 balls, couple of curling crosses that Jones really struggled with. Thought he was certainly in our best 4-5 players at least. Not bad for a player playing through pain who needs an operation.

Yorkshire SB

in what way was he good IMO he didn't contribute apart from the odd pass here and there.

completely agree, Hussey was awful, crossing was atrocious, overhit pretty much every time. Additionally misplaced several routine passes.

Clarke played wonderfully, often fulfilling the job of RB and RM. Boyd was their main threat I think, but Clarke didn't let him get away from him and then contributed two assists. Consequently top marks for defending and attacking play.
Norwood though, some of his passes show not only great quality, but superb vision. Quite often when you're in the crowd you see passes players don't, obviously due to the great vantage point the supporter holds. However that boy has the ability to pick out passes that are far from obvious but also spot on.

On another point, I'm starting to get wound up with Clingan. A decent player, but overrates himself; has too many plucky shots, doesn't work hard enough, never moves into the space. Bigiramana is constantly played out of position, in pre-season he played where Clingan plays and was magnificent, so good he earned a starting place in our first game. Honestly if Sammy went at the end of the season, then I wouldn't be that bothered.

Nonleagueherewecome

Norwood also gave it away with three badly mis-placed trademark "Hollywood" passes, and Clarke wasn't that great compared to recent games. Both misplaced more balls than Hussey. Clarke's first touch before he whipped in the cross for the goal was hilariously bad-the most vivid "from atrocious to brilliant" moment of the season. Really can't understand what some people have against Hussey.

Yorkshire SB

Norwood also gave it away with three badly mis-placed trademark "Hollywood" passes, and Clarke wasn't that great compared to recent games. Both misplaced more balls than Hussey. Clarke's first touch before he whipped in the cross for the goal was hilariously bad-the most vivid "from atrocious to brilliant" moment of the season. Really can't understand what some people have against Hussey.

Are you joking? Played two sublime passes for both our goals and you're criticising him for trying three others which failed? I think you have to credit Clarke's defensive performance as well, the fact he got forward with two assists is surely just a bonus from a RB? I have nothing against Hussey, I obviously want him to do well, he plays for my team. However I do think he lacks the quality required at this level, he has little pace, average defensive abilities, not particularly strong and his crossing is average at best. Today I didn't think he was our worst player, he was often in space, however just cos he was in space and saw a lot of the ball doesn't mean he played well.

skybluegod

sorry are you drunk your taking about the two players which set up both our goals norwood had some bad passes but also had fantastic ones and Clarke did more attacking than husey did and at least stayed in position when defending hussey should have made tackle for first goal and he should have Ran with the ball more he had acres of space but just stood there i like him a lot but was poor.

torchomatic

Don't forget that brilliant one two with McSheff, Hussey ran into the box and the keeper made another great save.

skybluegod

Lots of good quick passing, 4 or 5 cracking runs, couple of strong tackles to win 50-50 balls, couple of curling crosses that Jones really struggled with. Thought he was certainly in our best 4-5 players at least. Not bad for a player playing through pain who needs an operation.

what about the tackle he could have been sent off for whn he took out that player running past him from behind.

ccfcrob

How can anyone rate Hussey he was our weakest leak again today all he ever does is back off wingers he constantly gives the ball away he never beats a man and his crossing is terrible if you go shopping in the lower leagues you get sub standard players baker is another example

stupot07

murphy-7
clarke-9
keogh-8
craine-7
hussey-6.5
clingan-7
norwood-8
bigi-6.5
sheffers-7.5
cody-9
nimley-7

subs:
platt-6
deegan-6

motm clarke/cody well played both of them cody unluckyy hitting poat twice clrke god assits clingan best gam of the season i've seen him play, hussey was poor in my opinion.

Nimely a 7?

stupot07

he had a couple of good runs and shots didnt do anyting bad when he lost it he got it back

I thought he was largely anonymous, barring a 5 min spell in the second half. He had two good runs - one ended up in a decent shot, the other he played a through ball in the opposite direction of Cody.

Quite a few times he asked for the ball into his feet, and waited for it to arrive allowing the defender to nip it off him.

He wasn't terrible but was a passenger for large periods.

torchomatic

Why not see how many assists he's had this season.

We'll have to disagree on this one. Hussey is a great player. There, I've said it again.

How can anyone rate Hussey he was our weakest leak again today all he ever does is back off wingers he constantly gives the ball away he never beats a man and his crossing is terrible if you go shopping in the lower leagues you get sub standard players baker is another example

torchomatic

The poorest player today for me was Gael by a country mile. He should have been replaced much earlier.

cooperskyblue

My ratings would be:

Murphy 7
Clarke 7.5
hussey 7.5
Keogh 8
Cranie 7
Clingan 7
Norwood 8
Bigirimana 6.5
Mcsheffrey 7.5
Nimely 6
Mcdonald 8

ccfcdan

Only players that i would rate as 7 today were Keogh,Norwood,Clarke. The rest were 6's besides Hussey and Bigi both looked way off the pace 5's.

WillieStanley

Yeah your right.

Look at other the lower league players:

Keogh: Crap
Westwood: Crap
Fox: Crap
Dann: Crap
Cody (Practically signed from lower leagues as thats where he played his football): Crap

Whereas there's two fellas we got from Sunderland that were awesome. ROD was one and the other was... Oh yeah... Kevin Kyle.

Shopping in the lower leagues definately doesn't work, We should stick to Championship or higher.

rob9872

I'm struggling here with this whole thread. I thought Norwood and Clingan pretty much ran the show today.

They both misplaced a few but some of the balls and vision were outstanding. If Nimley was on their wavelength or one or two of the close efforts that sailed past or hit the post went in then posts wouold be vastly different. I thought Gael and Nimley were our only real weak links. The full backs for me were as bad defensively as they were good going forward, but can be forgiven their defensive lapses in my book, because I would rather see an open expansive game like that (although I think P'boro had much to do with that because they set up all their games open and attacking). I thought it was a great game of football, exciting and full of what matches should be. A little more luck on another day and who knows but I certainly enjoyed it and would have said many 7's a couple of 6's with 8 for Sammy and 9 for Norwood.

cloughie

Although not being a clingan fan i thought he played his best game for a long time today and would say his best game this season

Otis

Clingan did well today.

Best two players out there I felt were Clarke and Norwood. Then thought Keogh and Clingan had good games. Everyone else was a bit patchy at best. Bigi looked nervous, Hussey's crossing was poor, Cranie looked a little shaky at times and Mcshuff drifted in and out. Nimely worked hard but nothing came off for him and Cody did what he had to do and put the ball in the back of the net.

Yorkshire SB

I appreciate Clingan wasn't bad today, but I don't think he does enough. He literally stands in the middle receives the ball and plays safe, average passes. Rarely plays a testing ball thats cuts the opposition open. I just think he's so average, we'll never progress with him anchoring the midfield.

Users who are viewing this thread