Bell 6
Deegan 8
Clingan 7
Sheffers 7
Platt 7
Alex 8

MOM - Keogh a tad better than Deegan and Alex

Otis

Thought Deegan started off well but faded.

Would have had Keogh MOTM too. Thought he and Platt were the two stand out performers, along with Nimely.

covcity4life

Murphy 7-unlucky with pen,could have saved first,3rd was a good header,made some good 1 on 1 saves

Clarke 5 - not match fit but not good enough even when is
Keogh 7 - silly pen to give away,did ok otherwise
Cranie 6-centrebacks should not run away from the ball,cost us 2nd goal
Wood 4- cant clear,cost us first goal,cant attack either

Bell 6 - did little of note
Deegan 7 - took his goal well
Clingan 6 - caught in possesion alot,did not influence game
Sheffers 6 - good first half, non existent the 2nd
Platt 9 - won everything,brilliant touches and layoffs,great hold up play
Alex 7- helped cost us final goal,manager let him down tactically

norwood - 5 - couldnt get into the game

Otis

Thought Platt deserved much more than a 6 myself, based on those ratings.

BigCsCheesyGrin

Murphy 8 Couple of good saves and unfortunate with the penalty (why was no-one alert to the potential follow up)
Clarke 5 - Bloody awful - him and Wood at fault for first goal
Keogh 8 - Quality
Cranie 8 - Quality
Wood 6 - He is not a left back, he is a centre back. Ipswich should of attacked down the right more to exploit woods lack of pace. At fault for goal.
Bell 7 - Usually cannot say anything good about the bloke but felt he played okay today (Certainly better than man utd.....cough..Scunthorpe midfielder who replaced him)
Deegan 6 - Apart from the goal seemed to enjoy passing to the tractor boys at every opportunity
Clingan 7 - Please don't do short corners.
Sheffers 6 - Fouls players at the stupidist of times- when in the oppositions half. Frustration due to lack of pace now....possibly. Good last 10 minutes
Platt 9 - Could do no more- Is essential to a team who do not have a quality passer in midfield to split the defence . Allows easy option hoof to Platt..Great game but kind of dictates our style of play and exploits our limitations.
Alex 8 - Out of position. Everything he did was quality. Showed strength and doesn't give defenders a minute on the ball.
New bloke - 6 - Too often took the easy option of passing to his mate Clingan (backwards)..the next David Beckham ?? I think i'll reserve judgment on that.
Ref 7 - Not an easy job as had to put up with lots of calls for penalties from City players due to desperation (inability to create chances) :eek:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thought Platt deserved much more than a 6 myself, based on those ratings.
Wasn't great today, I seem to remember on a few occasions thinking if he had controlled the pass better he could have had a clear shot and he looked shot after 60 mins or so. Don't get me wrong he done a job but wasn't a special performance and I don't feel the Ipswich defenders saw him as a threat.

coop

Platt done well, deegan was poor .norwood u was shit when he came on ,the rest were average

Last edited:

Waycov

Ref 7 - Not an easy job as had to put up with lots of calls for penalties from City players due to desperation (inability to create chances) :eek:

Disagree with this rating mate. Any ref who gives a penalty for a blatant dive deserves a big fat Zero regardless of how he handled the rest of the game. Martin must've been pissing himself laughing at that one! I do agree about our inability to create and convert chances though.

procdoc

Murphy 6- not commanding enough
Clarke 4- so rusty and off the pace
Wood 4- dreadful
Keogh 5- stupid foul for penalty
Cranie 6- solid
Clingan 5- a passenger
Bell 4- awful
Deegan 6- good goal but did nothing else
McSheffrey 5- not in it
Nimely 7- played well
Platt 7- ditto

BigCsCheesyGrin

Disagree with this rating mate. Any ref who gives a penalty for a blatant dive deserves a big fat Zero regardless of how he handled the rest of the game. Martin must've been pissing himself laughing at that one! I do agree about our inability to create and convert chances though.

Couldnt judge the penalty from where i was sitting mate, so fair point and sounds like a bit hard done by on that decision. Just seemed in 2nd half we were appealing for a penalty at every attack when blatently not . Seemed a bit desperate but thats modern day football i guess. Was our pen a blatant handball?

skyblue19

Yep blatant handball for sure. Pretty much agree with procdoc scores, but can't see how murphy needs to command more. Great 1 on 1 save again today and saved a penalty, at least a 7.

procdoc

Yep blatant handball for sure. Pretty much agree with procdoc scores, but can't see how murphy needs to command more. Great 1 on 1 save again today and saved a penalty, at least a 7.

I just think murphy needs to take charge more in the area from set pieces and when crosses come in, he seems tentative at times

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Murphy 7
Clarke 4
Wood 4
Keogh 5
Cranie 5
Clingan 2
Bell 5
Deegan 5
McSheffrey 5
Nimely 6
Platt 6

Norwood and Willis didn't have a lot to do.
Clive and Nimely put the effort in, but had nothing to work with.
Clingan was awful. You can tell he doesn't care, shouldn't be captain.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Murphy did not do a lot wrong and made some good saves, Clarke rusty and yet to find form, Wood inconsistent both were weak points in the team
Craine and Keogh did ok but I wouldnt say it was their best games
The midfield - well Clingan was possibly the best of a bad lot but that isnt praise, ran a lot but his passing wasnt great and please stop him taking those corners. Deagan (more poodle than pitbull) couldnt pass, paniced on the ball too often and didnt play his position, Bell actually showed some decent touches I wouldnt have taken him off (Deagan I would), McSheffery normal service has been resumed largely ineffectual
Platt for me was MOM worked hard never gave up showed some good touches won nearly everything in the air. Nimely was asked to play wide and ended up not working with Platt, if anything (due to his team mates) ended up trying to do too much too deep.
Norwood - too soon to tell showed some good touches but some not so good - give him a chance for gods sake
Willis - not on long enough to tell really but looked stronger than Clarke

Thorne - didnt do much wrong but team picked itself because of injuries, needs some help because he doesnt have the experience to know how to get his players through to close out a game

Users who are viewing this thread