Rap Music (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

A new neighbour has moved in to the flat by me and he seems like a decent young bloke. But he likes to play Rap music loud and it is a racket and as someone who dislikes Rap we are going to fall out over this I reckon. As I'm a Rock fan I remember reading years ago that Heavy Metal music was called the Devils music, but to me rap sounds terrible and irritating. Does anyone else agree ?

Nick

Administrator
What is he listening to?

Is he doing it late at night or just in the day?

You should blast even more hardcore rap out, dress in FILA and call him "Cuz", that will mess with him.

bringbackrattles

What is he listening to?

Is he doing it late at night or just in the day?

You should blast even more hardcore rap out, dress in FILA and call him "Cuz", that will mess with him.
Sounds all the same to me but my other neighbour has told me to blast out some Metallica late at night to annoy him,and she's in her 70's !

eastwoodsdustman

Why not blast our some Rage Against the Machine or something similar. He might come to appreciate it and it could be the start of a lovely friendship!

Philosorapter

So your looking for something to play on repeat that would annoy the crap out of people...

Behold..

hill83

Some of it is shit, some is amazing. Same with every style of music ever created.

Exactly this. I'm equally at home blasting out Jay-Z as I am moshing at Download festival and tapping my feet to Mowtown.

How's it going anyway Kev? Been a while. Still up the Wheatsheaf before the match?

Pipehitterz

Modern rap is shocking.
But I get that it's off ' the time ' for it.

Personally been listening to hip hop since I was around 10, 1982, so feel privileged to really know it.
If I listen nowadays tho , it's always underground stuff that is staying faithful to the old school way ,
Needless to say , no one makes money that way so there's pretty much none about

Reactions: vow

asiaskyblues

Love American rap but the British stuff makes me cringe. It's the accent innit? Sad one of the Beasttie Boys passed away. I went to a club last week and there was a Bangladeshi kid doing muslim rap, I honestly thought it was comedy night and got some mean looks when I couldn't stop laughing.

bringbackrattles

Exactly this. I'm equally at home blasting out Jay-Z as I am moshing at Download festival and tapping my feet to Mowtown.

How's it going anyway Kev? Been a while. Still up the Wheatsheaf before the match?
I looked out for you and your dad last season but never saw you both. I sat with my mate most games as Singers Corner was always packed. I go in the Three Horse Shoes and the Wheatsheaf now and then, what about you ?

hill83

I looked out for you and your dad last season but never saw you both. I sat with my mate most games as Singers Corner was always packed. I go in the Three Horse Shoes and the Wheatsheaf now and then, what about you ?

Didn't go up as much last season, and my dad has stopped going completely unfortunately.

bringbackrattles

Didn't go up as much last season, and my dad has stopped going completely unfortunately.
I had a feeling your dad had stopped going as he was getting fed up with the lack of success, same as my son as he only went to one game. If we end up at the Butts it'll be handy as its close to Earlsdon if your dads still there ?

hill83

I had a feeling your dad had stopped going as he was getting fed up with the lack of success, same as my son as he only went to one game. If we end up at the Butts it'll be handy as its close to Earlsdon if your dads still there ?

Yeah, he's still in Earlsdon. I'm going to drag him to a few games next year so we'll pop in the wheatsheaf if we do.

skybluetony176

Always thought of Rap and Rock having the same attitude myself and have always loved both. Really like some of the cross over acts like the beastie boys, body count, boo ya tribe and even Run DMC who regularly used a decent guitar rifts in their music, Tricky being one of my all time favourite records of all time. There's a great sound track to the movie called Judgment Night. Awful film but great sound track. Every song is a collaboration between a rock and rap group.

If you really want to annoy your neighbour though try playing Jesus Built my Hot Rod by Ministry. Thumping beat, great guitar riff and lyrics that are pretty much gibberish. Great song.

Reactions: vow

torchomatic

While The Sky Is Blue on repeat, full blast. He'll soon move out.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

vow

By 'eck you can't beat a bit of Public Enemy, Ice T and KRS One.........Aye, them were the days :cigar:

Tad

Think raps just one of those things that you either like or just don't. Even as a child I've always had to turn it off the second it's on TV or the radio etc. It just makes my ears bleed.

torchomatic

I can listen to any type of music apart from rap.

Tad

I tend to find a lot of it (what little I've been forced to hear) heavily copied from other genre's with their own lyrics.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I do like playing rappers delight by the sugar hill gang

torchomatic

I do like playing rappers delight by the sugar hill gang
Admittedly I don't mind that early stuff. Even The Crown.

Sugarhill stuff was OK.

ajsccfc

There's a breadth to the genre that makes it impossible to say it all sounds alike, I don't believe there is any single genre of music that doesn't contain something that a person will like, even if it's begrudgingly. Nobody can like everything of course so some stuff is just not for some people and there's no motivation to delve, but I can guarantee if they did they'd find something.

torchomatic

There's a breadth to the genre that makes it impossible to say it all sounds alike, I don't believe there is any single genre of music that doesn't contain something that a person will like, even if it's begrudgingly. Nobody can like everything of course so some stuff is just not for some people and there's no motivation to delve, but I can guarantee if they did they'd find something.

That's true enough. I think I like most genres of music. I'm a big collector of vinyl soundtracks for example. Plus I buy lots of easy listening stuff too and library music. Plus I like punk/new wave, electronic stuff like Kraftwerk, etc.

In my younger days I couldn't stand Pink Floyd or Jazz or anything like that, but as I've got older I've really got into both of those.

Users who are viewing this thread