Rangers (1 Viewer)

wolfie

I hear rangers are heading for liquidation. I'm not sure exactly that means for this iconic club but if it means they could be out of business very soon I'm sure that a new club will form. Would this not be an ideal time for them to enter the English non league scene with a view of trying to get to the premier league in the distance future?

skyblueman

It means they are finished... a new club will have to be formed and they will have to negotiate which league they can start in..... a massive tragedy for Rangers fans.. I'm truly sorry for all of their follows

wolfie

And looking at the bigger picture this will also have an impact on the Scottish prem league turning it into a bigger farce than it already was. No one will challenge Celtic now. And attendances will also be hit especially the smaller clubs. I can see a few more Scottish clubs getting into financial problems without the extra cash from the rangers games

smileycov

Facebook User
Rangers or for the full name "The Hun" will be allowed back into the SPL under the new club, the SFA have already declared this. They will just have no history. The Sky deal would be pulled if they were not, as part of the deal is to have so many Old Firm games per season. The SPL could not surviive with out them, regardless of what some other teams say.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Rangers or for the full name "The Hun" will be allowed back into the SPL under the new club, the SFA have already declared this. They will just have no history. The Sky deal would be pulled if they were not, as part of the deal is to have so many Old Firm games per season. The SPL could not surviive with out them, regardless of what some other teams say.

Whilst I understand this, due to the size of the club, but it would be very harsh on Airdrieonians who went bust in 2002 & Gretna who went bust whilst in the Scottish Prem in 2008.

Gretna were in trouble all season but at the end of the season the owner of the club fell ill, removing all financial support for the club, forcing it into admin. All staff were made redundant and the club was unable to guarantee their next seasons fixtures in the Scottish Prem and were then relegated to bottom of the Scottish league Pyramid, Scottish league div 3 - (there is no promotion and relegation between league and non-league). A new owner who was considering buying the club, pulled out due to the relegation of the club, the club then officially resigned from the league altogether on 3rd June then formally liquidated on 8th August.

Tad

Feel sorry for the fans, but no pity to the actually club for not being capable of simple maths.

Spend more then you can afford = your screwed!

Doubt this will be the only club in the UK to hit trouble sooner or later. Too much money *sigh*

Covstu

Not quite, it is Down To a vote from the other clubs in the league ton whether they stay in the top tier or not.

Grendel

True but are those clubs going to vote for no sky money..........NO!!!!!

Yes this is it. A club as powerful as Rangers need only hint at a suggestion they will be applying to join the English Northern Conference Whatever and the likes of Heats and Kilmarnock will be in a tailspin. Money talks - they will be in the Scots Premier next year.

skyblueman

None of the Players or Staff can be in breach of contract once the old club is liquidated... under TUPE regulations they have the right to work for the new company but they don't have to

Covstu

None of the Players or Staff can be in breach of contract once the old club is liquidated... under TUPE regulations they have the right to work for the new company but they don't have to

yes but under TUPE the new company does have various get out clauses under Economical, Technical or Organisational reasons so basically they are not obliged to take the lot of em!

CCFCSteve

Not strictly true, if they do TUPE Transfer over the new company would have to still pay to get rid of them. Not 100% sure if they will automatically transfer over though. I don't think it's as straight forward as standard employment situations. I bet a few agent will try to claim contracts are void. We'll see.

Covstu

That goes without saying, but the fact is that the team and staff may not look the same. It would depend on their contract, they could be looking at releasing them and have to pay anything due of course.

Sadly I don't think football contracts cover this element like regular contracts of employment but maybe with the increased number of clubs hitting the wall, this may change.

Users who are viewing this thread