Rangers to admin (1 Viewer)

wingy

This is what can happen when you take finance agianst future season ticket sales,this guy never had and does'nt have the money to own /run a club ,regardless of a potential £50m. tax bill.Beware SISU or any others.

Disorganised1

Glasgow Rangers ? Queens Park Rangers ?

It is indeed Glasgow Rangers - centre of reason for admin is a disputed tax bill of £49M - also part of admin is an immediate deduction of 10 points !!!

PUSB

wingy

It is indeed Glasgow Rangers - centre of reason for admin is a disputed tax bill of £49M - also part of admin is an immediate deduction of 10 points !!!

PUSB

Apparently not according to a Scottish Journo on Sky news earlier ,this is independent of the likely outcome of that case

JazzCat

If the HMRC case goes against them independently. They will be liable for £49 million and is likely to force the club into liquidation...... crikey.

Hard to imagine a time with no Rangers?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm a Celtic fan so I don't really care! ;)

mark82

I'm a Celtic fan so I don't really care! ;)

Would have a detrimental effect on Celtic also. No competition would mean less money coming in (TV only care about competitive Old Firm games) and a reduction in the standard of player they can attract (which is already low for a club that size). Scottish football is already weak and this will weaken it further. Is there a case now for Celtic & Rangers to look at joining the English league system? Not something I would like but Scottish football can no longer sustain clubs of that size.

wingy

Would have a detrimental effect on Celtic also. No competition would mean less money coming in (TV only care about competitive Old Firm games) and a reduction in the standard of player they can attract (which is already low for a club that size). Scottish football is already weak and this will weaken it further. Is there a case now for Celtic & Rangers to look at joining the English league system? Not something I would like but Scottish football can no longer sustain clubs of that size.
Where would it be fair for them to integrate into our leagues ,given the long histories and endeavour of English teams,who would get demoted to accommodate them.

Covstu

Again this is sad news, this indicates that most clubs are in a risk situation unless you have a rich owner! Arebthey being docked points?

wingy

Listening to this on 5 live now ,this is designed purely to shaft non football creditors ,they've been living way beyond means ,Taken over by a guy who never had his own funds ,they should take a massive points hit .Portsmouth CEO on 9.00pm should be enlightening

mark82

Where would it be fair for them to integrate into our leagues ,given the long histories and endeavour of English teams,who would get demoted to accommodate them.

As I say, I don't like the idea but the Scottish league cannot maintain clubs of that size. Really both Celtic & Rangers need to scale back their spending massively and admit they cannot compete financially with clubs in England and the bigger European leagues.

wingy

As I say, I don't like the idea but the Scottish league cannot maintain clubs of that size. Really both Celtic & Rangers need to scale back their spending massively and admit they cannot compete financially with clubs in England and the bigger European leagues.
If they need to change anything it would be through the much touted atlantic league ,joining with major clubs in the Nordic regions but this would have happened by now,so there can't be the media appetite for it.

rob9872

I have no problem with them in our leagues (no diff to Cardiff wrexham and Swansea) but they do need to start off at least L1 or maybe even bat eing totally fair at the bottom of the pyramid and that won't happen. Both would be mid-table at best I think in the PL

Changeyourface

Horrible news that a club that famous and with that much history can go bust. Celtic should bail them out, without Rangers that scummy club has no purpose anyway. "Hello, Hello we are the Billy Boys!"

Covstu

I have no problem with them in our leagues (no diff to Cardiff wrexham and Swansea) but they do need to start off at least L1 or maybe even bat eing totally fair at the bottom of the pyramid and that won't happen. Both would be mid-table at best I think in the PL

agree but again is it fair that they come in at league one, remember we could be down there and could stop us going up!

rob9872

agree but again is it fair that they come in at league one, remember we could be down there and could stop us going up!

I'll have a pint of what he's having :)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Horrible news that a club that famous and with that much history can go bust. Without Celtic that scummy club has no purpose anyway. "Hello, Hello we are the Bhoys!"

Felt your post needed some editing! :D F**k King Billy!

LastGarrison

It's not our problem.

Fuck 'em.

mark82

It's not our problem.

feck 'em.

Have to agree with you. Scottish football is crap and inconsequential at best. I do think there is a bigger issue though with clubs across Europe spending well beyond their means. That includes CCFC in the past (and even now to a certain extent)

Paxman II

Just the beginning of a rotten apple. There will be a collapse soon because what clubs are doing is unsustainable in anybodies book.

ccfctommy

Well Rangers have officially gone into admin :(

They have overspent for years now (£12m for Tore Andre Flo anyone?), Sir David Murray must accept his share of the blame, but in the past he has come out of it well as Rangers were winning trophies at the time.

Rangers could have a tax bill as high as £75m. :(

mark82

Well Rangers have officially gone into admin :(

They have overspent for years now (£12m for Tore Andre Flo anyone?), Sir David Murray must accept his share of the blame, but in the past he has come out of it well as Rangers were winning trophies at the time.

Rangers could have a tax bill as high as £75m. :(

If the tax bill is genuinely that high then I can't see how even a club the size of Rangers can come out of this.

ccfc2011

Very sad news other clubs will go the same way.

SkyBlueMania

HMRC seem to be very keen to make an example of Rangers here. This could be them signaling their intent for the future treatment of overspending clubs.

Sub

owned by a hedge fund !!! now where i heard that before :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread