Rangers friendly (1 Viewer)

pipkin73

Both Celtic and Rangers are playing 3 pre-season games in France as they curtailed there seasons early so will likely start up early. So i guess we could head over there to play some games. We will be miles behind other Championship teams if we don't play many pre-season games fitness wise with not having played since the 2nd week of March. It will be at least 5 months without a competitive game so these friendlies are very important as if we don't play enough we could start of miles behind other teams. On the plus side, at the end of the season that should mean we come on strong a la Tramere (let's hope we have a better result than them) lol.

Covstu

Both Celtic and Rangers are playing 3 pre-season games in France as they curtailed there seasons early so will likely start up early. So i guess we could head over there to play some games. We will be miles behind other Championship teams if we don't play many pre-season games fitness wise with not having played since the 2nd week of March. It will be at least 5 months without a competitive game so these friendlies are very important as if we don't play enough we could start of miles behind other teams. On the plus side, at the end of the season that should mean we come on strong a la Tramere (let's hope we have a better result than them) lol.
This is my real concern but I suppose you can see this in 2 ways...
1) we are way behind on fitness or
2) we have a refreshed squad ready to go

we roughly know when the league is going to start so we need to have faith in MR that he is going to have his team ‘league ready’ to start

mark82

Not that I care of course but I've been proven right about Gerrard and Kent :)

giphy.gif

mrtrench

I think about this game often. Based upon the difficulties they had to beat our Youth team I bet on Celtic for the title. Big mistake.

covcity4life

I think about this game often. Based upon the difficulties they had to beat our Youth team I bet on Celtic for the title. Big mistake.
Never base stuff on friendlies

You could see the fine work he was doing last year too. I mean ffs he took rangers to last 16 of Europa!!!

And Ryan Kent is scoring and assisting despite some people syaing he doesn't. Quality quality player

Gerrard will be better than lampard as a manager imo. Liverpool job will be his once klopp leaves. In mean time he needs to win domestic trophies and try get to last 16 in Europe again.

mrtrench

Never base stuff on friendlies

You could see the fine work he was doing last year too. I mean ffs he took rangers to last 16 of Europa!!!

And Ryan Kent is scoring and assisting despite some people syaing he doesn't. Quality quality player

Gerrard will be better than lampard as a manager imo. Liverpool job will be his once klopp leaves. In mean time he needs to win domestic trophies and try get to last 16 in Europe again.

Yeah, lost big time on this market - and also shorted Man City (oops). Thank God for League 2, where every team that hit top then lost the next game - perfect for my strategy.

skyblueelephant76

That’s because you hate technical or flair players mucker! You will slate Foden, Maddison, Grealish, Mount and then wax lyrical over the likes of Jim O’Brien and Eric Dier because they run around a lot!

Kent was good yesterday but he needs to consistently improve his work in the final third. Same as 5 years ago really.
He's scored 12 goals and got 14 assists this season, he's not the same as he was 5 years ago.

Amazing to think that a young player can improve and they are not the finished article at 19...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That’s because you hate technical or flair players mucker! You will slate Foden, Maddison, Grealish, Mount and then wax lyrical over the likes of Jim O’Brien and Eric Dier because they run around a lot!

Kent was good yesterday but he needs to consistently improve his work in the final third. Same as 5 years ago really.

Typical, Earlsdon's biggest Rangers fan turns up.

1620045823860.png

Forty years I've stood toe to toe with you, and you mug me off in front of my pals!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

He's scored 12 goals and got 14 assists this season, he's not the same as he was 5 years ago.

Amazing to think that a young player can improve and they are not the finished article at 19...

I like Kent don’t get me wrong, he’s a good player, just think he can be a fantastic player with a bit more improvement in the final third. Could be wrong but Tavernier has comparable numbers for goals and assists and he’s a right back.

skyblueelephant76

I like Kent don’t get me wrong, he’s a good player, just think he can be a fantastic player with a bit more improvement in the final third. Could be wrong but Tavernier has comparable numbers for goals and assists and he’s a right back.
Tavernier has scored 11, 6 were penalties and 3 were freekicks. He also takes the corners which is why his assist stats are high. Kents goals and assists are from open play.

Users who are viewing this thread