Rangers friendly (2 Viewers)

bawtryneal

The timing of this friendly is really strange
I was told yesterday that the new championship season is not likely to start until September 12th and we only return to training on Monday
What is the point of playing Rangers on the 25th July assuming they are after a competitive game.
They must be paying us a few quid !!
It might suit Rangers but not sure how it would fit into our training or preparation plan.

clint van damme

I was told yesterday that the new championship season is not likely to start until September 12th and we only return to training on Monday
What is the point of playing Rangers on the 25th July assuming they are after a competitive game.
It might suit Rangers but not sure how it would fit into our training or preparation plan.

they'll be miles ahead in terms of fitness.
It will be a big empty stadium though, which is going to be something we'll need to acclimatise to so that may be of some benefit.

Garryb80

We haven't played since march and all of our rivals have. I assume getting fit is a major part of the decision.

bawtryneal

We haven't played since march and all of our rivals have. I assume getting fit is a major part of the decision.

Of course, but we will have been training for 10 days after 4 months off.
They will be at full fitness prior to early August kick off in SPL
We will have to play a different team each half. Fine against Nuneaton but not Rangers.
Anyhow, what do I know !!!

mark82

Wouldn't we normally have our first friendly about 5 or 6 weeks before the start of the season? Depending on start date, which still could be end of August, it's not far off normal.

ccfctommy

Their season starts August 1st.

Garryb80

Of course, but we will have been training for 10 days after 4 months off.
They will be at full fitness prior to early August kick off in SPL
We will have to play a different team each half. Fine against Nuneaton but not Rangers.
Anyhow, what do I know !!!
Well name somebody who we could play. Leagues 1 and 2 are not looking to return til the end of July and premier and championship are still playing. Even non leagues will be likely not back either. Its about fitness and this is a chsnce to get some

Garryb80

think the Europa tie is the 5th with SPL starting on the 1st.
Correct. However fit either side will be city really do have limited options for playing friendlies in the first few weeks of training. Wouldn't be shocked if we played Rotherham as we are both in the same boat

clint van damme

Correct. However fit either side will be city really do have limited options for playing friendlies in the first few weeks of training. Wouldn't be shocked if we played Rotherham as we are both in the same boat

i agree, options are limited, don't think it will do us any harm to play a team ahead of us in terms of preparation.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Anyone think we might play a couple of Scottish teams given the lack of options at the current time? Wouldn't mind one against Dundee Utd to have another look at Shankland.

ovduk78

Maybe we're looking at loaning a player off Rangers, not sure what fringe players they have in positions we are looking to strengthen?!

Covstu

My mum and Da are from Glasgow and moved down in the 70s. The whole family are Rangers fans and some have STs and travel from Coventry so I was totally gutted when we couldn’t go. Have to watch it here with a few beers

chiefdave

We'll be doing well not to get slaughtered. Only a couple of weeks into training, no doubt still missing players Robins wants to bring in and they'll be pretty much up to speed with several friendlies before us.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We'll be doing well not to get slaughtered. Only a couple of weeks into training, no doubt still missing players Robins wants to bring in and they'll be pretty much up to speed with several friendlies before us.

Doesn't really matter. It's about getting into the swing of things. Rather then than first game of the season.

Garryb80

A good test then. We got slaughtered by Huddersfield last season and won the league so whats the problem

Covstu

Just coming back from the mini tournament, they should be fired up

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He's still young? 7m not a huge amount but maybe in spfl

Agree tho zero assists in league isnt grest. Does score though

He's been pretty abysmal. Read what their fans have to say.

There was also an article published recently that talked about the fact he got no assists all season.

I wouldn't be in a rush to take him back.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hahaha I knew something didbt sound right as i typed it. Bit I convinced myself as i knew Josh was the brother at borwich

If in doubt, assume they're called Jordan. Usually can't go wrong. Apart from on this occasion. When there were two of them with a name starting with J and neither are Jordan.

Skybluebeliever

Could the club not be having a pre season tour/camp in Scotland ? Do they not normally go to Spain each year I would imagine this would be impossible this year , I would be a good opportunity for the players to get together especially the new players

Users who are viewing this thread