Rangers friendly (2 Viewers)

pipkin73

The Twitter won't load on my mobile, 5 pages in now. WHEN IS THIS GAME!!!!

Philosorapter

A few stops on the Subway away..

Disappointed to say the least. Would of gone to this.

Scotland is slowly reopening but it's happening much later than what's happening in England.

Can't see any changes in the next few weeks up here.

Last edited:

tigersb

Kent's been brlliant for rangers. Happy for him. Hopefully rangers can best Celtic to some trophies this year
Kent has done well in Europe this season but has had 0 assists in the league
Has a lot to do next season to justify his price tag

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Went to Glasgow 3 years ago for the England vs Scotland game at Hampden and we (England fans) were welcomed around the pubs around Ibrox.
There were a cracking couple of Rangers pubs - the Louden Tavern and Bristol Bar (their equivalents of the Roost) that were bouncing with England and yes, Rangers fans that support England!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's not an opinion it's probably fact, celtic spend less on players and wages than several championship clubs... They wouldn't compete with teams like Leeds or West brom over 46 matches, both of which play faster more expansive football

But give them the same spending power in the same league?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

With the friendly, would they be telling people when it would be in case it encourages some fans to try and turn up? I'd keep it completely quiet if no fans are allowed in - nothing to gain from advertising it.

shmmeee

No I get the rivalry, I get the religious thing, just don’t get why it’s a thing in this country.

I mean I don’t see people picking river plate or boca juniors

A lot of people have celtic ancestry that informs it though, not many Brits hailing from South America. My Grandad was from Glasgow and a Celtic fan, so I’m nominally a Celtic fan in these arguments.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It blows my mind how many people are involved in the Celtic v Rangers debate. At the risk of pissing off a lot of people on here, I honestly couldn't care less for either and both sets of fans in general, not on here, largely come across as dickheads. Also find it interesting the amount of people who say the Premier League is shit and dictated by a few moneyed clubs etc then choose to be passionate about the most ridiculously boring / finance orientated league around

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

A lot of people have celtic ancestry that informs it though, not many Brits hailing from South America. My Grandad was from Glasgow and a Celtic fan, so I’m nominally a Celtic fan in these arguments.
A lot of people have family from all over the shop - my dad is from Newcastle. I don’t have an opinion on the Newcastle v Sunderland rivalry, and proclaiming Newcastle as a second team.

It blows my mind how many people are involved in the Celtic v Rangers debate. At the risk of pissing off a lot of people on here, I honestly couldn't care less for either and both sets of fans in general, not on here, largely come across as dickheads. Also find it interesting the amount of people who say the Premier League is shit and dictated by a few moneyed clubs etc then choose to be passionate about the most ridiculously boring / finance orientated league around

I agree with this

shmmeee

A lot of people have family from all over the shop - my dad is from Newcastle. I don’t have an opinion on the Newcastle v Sunderland rivalry, and proclaiming Newcastle as a second team.

I agree with this

Yeah but religion passes down a family more than just football. My Mums atheist but still sees herself as a Catholic as that’s how she was raised. My Grandad bought me a Celtic top as a kid because he wanted to stake his claim as it were.

Liquid Gold

If Celtic and Rangers were in the English pyramid they'd be high and low championship at the moment in my opinion. It might take them some time but I think they'd both end up as premier league stalwarts. Rangers would probably level out as a sort of Everton, never really in danger of relegation but never really pushing for major honours. I just think their tag as being' the club of Britain' would be diluted a bit. Celtic however would have the potential to tap in to a massive worldwide Irish diaspora who would instantly feel a connection to them when picking a team and I think they'd be a regular top 4 side.

covcity4life

Yeah but religion passes down a family more than just football. My Mums atheist but still sees herself as a Catholic as that’s how she was raised. My Grandad bought me a Celtic top as a kid because he wanted to stake his claim as it were.
No issue with that

What I didn't like was a bias fan telling a neutral they were wrong under the guise of another neutral. It's just silly on a neutral football board!

jordan210

Rangers speak quite highly of us

Rangers and the Sky Blues have much in common, having shared some Scottish internationals including Colin Stein, Colin Hendry and John Fleck. Moreover, our Assistant Manager Gary McAllister had spells as both a player and manager at Coventry as well as Ryan Kent, who played on loan with them during the 2015/16 season.

Rangers’ Sporting Director, Ross Wilson
“I was delighted to see Coventry City win the League One title under Mark Robins. Mark and I are good friends from working together in the past and he is a man whose work deserves success. He will have his team well-prepared for the fixture.

Brighton Sky Blue

Rangers and the Sky Blues have much in common, having shared some Scottish internationals including Colin Stein, Colin Hendry and John Fleck. Moreover, our Assistant Manager Gary McAllister had spells as both a player and manager at Coventry as well as Ryan Kent, who played on loan with them during the 2015/16 season.

“I was delighted to see Coventry City win the League One title under Mark Robins. Mark and I are good friends from working together in the past and he is a man whose work deserves success. He will have his team well-prepared for the fixture.

We have good historical links with both of the OF clubs to be fair. A shame this one has to be BCD as a trip to Ibrox is on the footballing bucket list.

Alex1987

We have good historical links with both of the OF clubs to be fair. A shame this one has to be BCD as a trip to Ibrox is on the footballing bucket list.

I'd go to a Rangers home game against one of the bigger teams (if not Celtic themselves). The Louden Tavern is a great pre match place to go.

I'd also say it's fairly safe to say we've only bagged this tie due to Covid19 and with us being a team that is available.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd go to a Rangers home game against one of the bigger teams (if not Celtic themselves). The Louden Tavern is a great pre match place to go.

I'd also say it's fairly safe to say we've only bagged this tie due to Covid19 and with us being a team that is available.

Never went when I lived up there and I knew enough fans of either to have gone but I just never took up the invite. Think I saw Dunfermline more times than anybody else haha

mark82

I don't know, being a championship club will see is have more friendlies against teams of this kind of stature.

covcity4life

I think everyone on SBT would agree Rangers > Celtic...

Garryb80

We clearly have a limited pool of teams to select to play friendlies against before August kicks in. Any premier or championship side is out and only a small number of league sides will have begun training. Scottish teams kick off early August so it makes sense to play them. Also last season Rangers had home friendlies against Oxford, Derby and Blackburn so we are hardly in a lower bracket than them.

hill83

I've got celtic ancestry and couldn't give a flying fuck about Scottish football at all. And the Rangers Celtic thing is an absolute load of nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread