Rangers friendly (3 Viewers)

SBAndy

SPFL is a massively underrated league but big teams don’t seem to trust it. Edouard will probably have to go to a smaller club to ‘prove himself’ in England before a champions league club spends big money on him. Like VVD.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him move to Leicester if they make the CL.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Nah, Rangers are mid Championship. Celtic probably high end Championship.

As they are now. But give them the same finances a a PL team I reckon both would be able to be comfortable in that league. More likely to be able to attract bigger names than most.

Evo1883

The Celtic team that beat Lazio (2nd in Serie A) are at best championship level?

Celtic have also lost to some drab teams in Europe too, teams below championship level... So it's swings and roundabouts in Cup games.. Celtic would struggle in Serie a over the course of a season

Evo1883

The spl is sandwiched between the Austrian top flight (15th) and the Cypriot top flight (17th) as Europe's 16th best top flight in the power rankings.... It's absolutely shite

Evo1883

Okay buddy

It's not an opinion it's probably fact, celtic spend less on players and wages than several championship clubs... They wouldn't compete with teams like Leeds or West brom over 46 matches, both of which play faster more expansive football

ccfcway

not for me, i couldn't give two hoots about scotish football.

Its behind closed doors friendly v a prem reserves team.

David O'Day

It's not an opinion it's probably fact, celtic spend less on players and wages than several championship clubs... They wouldn't compete with teams like Leeds or West brom over 46 matches, both of which play faster more expansive football

Probably a fact? Okay buddy you're a WUM and are now on ignore.#

A team with fucking Patrick Bamford or Hal Robson Kanu vs. Edouard

FFS

Evo1883

Probably a fact? Okay buddy you're a WUM and are now on ignore.#

A team with fucking Patrick Bamford or Hal Robson Kanu vs. Edouard

FFS

Not wumming, its logic... Think about it... What's with the inability to hold down a debate without getting agitated instantly

clint van damme

The spl is sandwiched between the Austrian top flight (15th) and the Cypriot top flight (17th) as Europe's 16th best top flight in the power rankings.... It's absolutely shite

It has punched above its weight for years for a country of 5 million. National team a regular at world cups, European trophies at domestic level and several Scottish players in English title and European cup winning sides

It's probably now where it should be for a country of its size. But it's still the best attended league in Europe per capita.
Easy just to just dismiss it as shit. Like I said earlier, like the lower league's in England there's an authenticity about it that's missing from the the EPL in my opinion.

David O'Day

It has punched above its weight for years for a country of 5 million. National team a regular at world cups, European trophies at domestic level and several Scottish players in English title and European cup winning sides

It's probably now where it should be for a country of its size. But it's still the best attended league in Europe per capita.
Easy just to just dismiss it as shit. Like I said earlier, like the lower league's in England there's an authenticity about it that's missing from the the EPL in my opinion.

people should watch some Championship games, they are absolutely shite

LastGarrison

Some of the Celtic fans that came down for Richard Shaw’s testimonial were feral.

Much preferred the Dundee United lot taking their shoes off at Highfield Road.

Evo1883

It's a poor standard, offered almost zero competition for the 2 big clubs over history barring the odd anomoly, its slow paced, its a bit behind the modern curve and is no way shape or form comparable to the standard set in the championship..

I have no doubt with English money celtic would become a premier league side, but at this moment in time they are a long way off winning England's 2nd tier (if they could join)

No disrespect of course, just absolute honesty

clint van damme

It's a poor standard, offered almost zero competition for the 2 big clubs over history barring the odd anomoly, its slow paced, its a bit behind the modern curve and is no way shape or form comparable to the standard set in the championship..

I have no doubt with English money celtic would become a premier league side, but at this moment in time they are a long way off winning England's 2nd tier (if they could join)

Virgil Van Djik disagrees with you. I'll listen to him - no offence!

Magwitch

It’s hard to compare I reckon both Rangers and Celtic would survive in the championship with Celtic at the top end but should either get into the prem the money there would propel both to premiership heights, these two clubs are massive.

BackRoomRummermill

I would say the only people who would agree with you would be rangers fans . I would put them in at least English Prem league maybe not top half but in the Prem

Evo1883

Man utd are a massive club, Barcelona, real Madrid are massive clubs... Celtic and rangers are big clubs... That's where it ends

A club who could barely average over 30,000 in the previous 100 years before the late 90s can never be called massive

baldy

The Scottish league's bloody dire...there's only 2 teams who battle it out every season & the rest are all mainly utterly shit
Dunno how anybody can enjoy watching it...awful stuff

clint van damme

Virgil van dijk thinks what exactly?
That the Scottish game is better than people make out and it was the Making of him, (though by that I think he was referring to the mental toughness required to play at a big club in the spotlight). Think James Madisson and others have said similar.
I don't think it's as poor as people make out. To say it's shit when it's produced the players it has and does is a bit silly in my opinion.

Evo1883

That the Scottish game is better than people make out and it was the Making of him, (though by that I think he was referring to the mental toughness required to play at a big club in the spotlight). Think James Madisson and others have said similar.
I don't think it's as poor as people make out. To say it's shit when it's produced the players it has and does is a bit silly in my opinion.

He will say that though, he's hardly going to upset celtic fans by saying the league is gash, he played for them

David O'Day

It shocked Madders when he went there the season after he left us

Magwitch

Don’t disagree but I’m talking as they are now, Celtic might just get in the prem now but once in the prem it would be sky’s the limit imo. both could become the richest clubs in the Premiership very quickly.

Evo1883

Using this logic, the Cypriot league is also surprisingly good and so is the Austrian league... Honestly chaps come on I know many have vested interests in celtic and rangers but fuck me the league is abysmal

Users who are viewing this thread