Rangers friendly (2 Viewers)

mark82

He’s won nothing in a 2 horse race.

Ol slippy can’t seem to win a title

They have started from a long way behind Celtic to be fair, and they are catching up.

Will be a good test for us. Rangers are probably mid Championship level so decent challenge.

David O'Day

They have started from a long way behind Celtic to be fair, and they are catching up.

Will be a good test for us. Rangers are probably mid Championship level so decent challenge.

They really aren't catching up, as was stated he has a similar ppg to the managers that came before him.

Rangers really are a poor side

David O'Day

Gerrard took a rangers who finished 12 points behind Celtic and ended up with a Rangers that finished 13 points behind Celtic and that woul dof likely been 16 points as they would of played Celtic the weekend the season was stopped.

mark82

They really aren't catching up, as was stated he has a similar ppg to the managers that came before him.

Rangers really are a poor side

Was just from observing the league table through the season, can't say I follow it that closely to be fair - it's not competitive football. There are only 2 teams of a decent standard and even those 2 are Championship quality at best. It's a shame as they're both big clubs held back by the league they play in.

David O'Day

Was just from observing the league table through the season, can't say I follow it that closely to be fair - it's not competitive football. There are only 2 teams of a decent standard and even those 2 are Championship quality at best. It's a shame as they're both big clubs held back by the league they play in.

The Celtic team that beat Lazio (2nd in Serie A) are at best championship level?

covcity4life

1 or worse off in a season where Celtic begged to end season lol. Not worth reading into

Did better than Celtic in europe

Defintley playing catch up and a great start for Stevie g

covcity4life

Celtic begged? Ffs

Deluded

Get the feeling you prob have friends or family linked to Celtic and are bias

I dont have a horse in this race. In 90s I liked Celtic cos rangers were the best

Now I like rangers to do well cos Celtic are dominant

I have said my piece any Way. Need to join up to a rangers forum at this rate!

matesx

Mid Championship?

Celtic beat Lazio home and away this season. I doubt QPR would have.

covcity4life

Mid Championship?

Celtic beat Lazio home and away this season. I doubt QPR would have.
Agree ppl rubbish spfl bit its not that bad

Celtic I think would be top 6 championship or lower prem withbcirrent team

Rangers mid championship pushing for playoffs

Actually going off europe both could do it in prem. Celtic beat Lazio. Rangers did braga in a grest performance

matesx

Agree ppl rubbish spfl bit its not that bad

Celtic I think would be top 6 championship or lower prem withbcirrent team

Rangers mid championship pushing for playoffs

Actually going off europe both could do it in prem. Celtic beat Lazio. Rangers did braga in a grest performance

As someone said, 2 enormous clubs stuck in a shit league.

covcity4life

Same celtic that beat lazio also lost to livingstone lol so evens out great euro results in a way

Same with rangers obviously

And Livingstone are hard to play so no disrespect to them either!

mark82

Obviously if they were in English leagues they would be higher though, as they'd have higher income and be able to bring in higher quality players. Both undoubtedly huge clubs.

clint van damme

Yep. High end Championship maybe.

No chance. Definitely Premiership.
Massive clubs and if they were in England would create huge interest and investment.
That's the thing now with the money sloshing about the EPL, there's a whole generation of football supporters who think Bournemouth and Burnley are bigger than Celtic and Rangers and Ajax and Benefica etc just because they get a shit load of TV money.

mark82

Massive clubs and if they were in England would create huge interest and investment.
That's the thing now with the money sloshing about the EPL, there's a whole generation of football supporters who think Bournemouth and Burnley are bigger than Celtic and Rangers and Ajax and Benefica etc just because they get a shit load of TV money.

Yeah, I just meant the standard of players at the club now, not the size of the clubs.

matesx

I see Rodgers upset Leicester fans this week by saying he left a much bigger club to join them

David O'Day

Exactly people like Edouard, Ntcham, Elyounoussi, Julian, Ajer, Forrest, Christie etc are far better than "high end championship"

SleepyGinger

SPFL is a massively underrated league but big teams don’t seem to trust it. Edouard will probably have to go to a smaller club to ‘prove himself’ in England before a champions league club spends big money on him. Like VVD.

larry_david

Rangers beat celtic early on, Gerrard gave it the big I AM and to go ahead and they bottled it from there

clint van damme

I see Rodgers upset Leicester fans this week by saying he left a much bigger club to join them

And that's a typical EPL attitude.
I feel that all football on this island gets maligned in comparison the the EPL and although it's a great product I think it lacks the authenticity of Scottish football and the lower leagues.
The EPL has been the death of Arsenal, absolutely ripped the soul out of that club. Man city going the same way

D

Deleted member 4439

Sometimes best not to be so truthful. I measure a club's' size' on its ability to attract paying supporters over the long term, and Leciester are like us, pretty middling. Hard to separate the two on attendances historically, when era, league, and league position is taken into account. And I doubt that when the money goes, as it will at some point, they will retain many of the happy clappers.

Users who are viewing this thread