Random places you’ve met a city fan (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I was in the queue to get into the magic kingdom on Friday , I had an old away shirt on from a couple of years ago , random fella comes up and says “ nice to see a sky blues fan “ shook hands with me and walked off

lord_garrincha

Was living in London for uni about 2002 and was walking down Tottenham Court Road in my black away shirt (think it was one they went down from the Prem in). Bloke in a white van starts honking his horn shouting GET IN SON... No, he was not a paedophile but a fellow Sky Blue fan wearing exactly the same shirt.

bringbackrattles

On holiday some years ago in Aberdaron in North Wales, I left my missus and young son sleeping to go on an early morning stroll on the nearby beach. Best time for a good walk, and as I walked along all I saw were a few dog walkers.
But a couple were coming towards me and to my amazement the lad was wearing a Cov City shirt. I was that surprised I just nodded to them both, and he nodded back and that was it. I turned around and shouted " Up The City " and he turned and gave me a thumbs up.
Aberdaron is a small quiet seaside place, but remote and rugged, and to bump into a fellow Cov fan was surprising.

SkyBlueScottie

Williams Arms in Braunton North Devon, we went down there for a week after getting married, a Monday night, I asked them to put the Speedway on as the Bees were in the play off final, a group of people sat opposite heard me and it turned out they lived in Keresley.

Marty

On a beach in Egypt, in a queue at Busch Gardens in Florida.

skyblue1991

First day at a hotel in Oludeniz, Turkey. CCFC just annouced we would be playing at Sixfields that season and yet we both still had the pride to wear our shirts!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Mcbean

Spoke to a guy with city shirt on in Kalimnos on hollybobs but i fear he was in the River Island crew as he could'nt string more than 2 words together

Mr Panda

I was in LA just lounging around the hotel pool, wasn't even wearing city colours and a older couple from Coventry approached me just because they recognised my 'accent'.

Turned out they lived 2 mins away from me on Norman Place Road. Really bizarre!

Mcbean

I was in LA just lounging around the hotel pool, wasn't even wearing city colours and a older couple from Coventry approached me just because they recognised my 'accent'.

Turned out they lived 2 mins away from me on Norman Place Road. Really bizarre!
Were they Chinese as well ?

pastythegreat

Bumped in to a family of City fans at the top of Snowdon earlier this year.
I picked up signal on the way up and read the news of StAndrews. Broke it to them as they hadn't seen it themselves yet.
Also, last day in Ibaza the other week, passed our hand me down lilos, bucket and spades etc on to a family on the beach for the Dad to say "your from Coventry aren't you? We seen you a couple of days ago with you city shirts on"!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

mrtrench

We were on holiday on the Scottish island of Islay during the League 2 playoff final. There was a tiny bar in Bowmore that had a tv, so we went to watch the game. There were five other Cov fans already there, wearing shirts.

I always bump into at least one City fan when I go to watch a game in a pub in my home town in Hampshire - but wasn't expecting it in a tiny town on a Scottish Island.

ajsccfc

Not a City fan but on International Drive in Orlando, the season we had this kit

images

Stopped by an Argentinian fella who looked disappointed that it wasn't his national team but then puzzled for a second before beaming and shouting DAVID SPEEDIE! with his thumbs up. Of all the players

Briles

I went to Tenerife a few days before Coventry played Chelsea in the FA Cup quarter final. We dropped our bags and headed out to find a bar that would be showing it. We went into somewhere called raffles and asked the guy if he would be showing it. He told us to hang on and he would check. He came back in a cov shirt. He was from Walsgrave! Sorted us a tab out and took us down the road to get Coventry face paints.

ccfc92

Not a City fan but on International Drive in Orlando, the season we had this kit

images

Stopped by an Argentinian fella who looked disappointed that it wasn't his national team but then puzzled for a second before beaming and shouting DAVID SPEEDIE! with his thumbs up. Of all the players

Had the same, some Argey stopping me in NYC.

ccfc92

Had a strange experience more than place, got a cab to the pub the other night, drove past the JB's chippy on Wallisdown Road in Bournemouth (in case they're on here) and there was a guy with a City shirt on in the chippy.

Then in the pub which is 2 minute walk from said chippy, a bloke in there from Radford.

Just strange to see two Cov folk in the same night in same area.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The vicar at a small Methodist church in Totland on the Isle of Wight was from Coventry and was a huge City fan. I never went to his church (I'm atheist), but got chatting to him in a local community centre.

Clarrie Bourton 87

Whilst on a walk in Fishguard along the marina right at the end (had a PUSB T-shirt on and my daughter had a city top on) Then tonight in the pub seen the same guy

vow

Montego Bay, Jamaica last December whilst playing water volleyball.

I recognized the accent of a couple, the girl especially for her colourful language!
Plus having big boobs, she had to play with one hand whilst holding up her bikini top with the other every time she went for the ball......she failed miserably and her top fell down twice!

To confirm though, the fella wore his Cov top at brekkie and we hit it off from there!

Mcbean

Montego Bay, Jamaica last December whilst playing water volleyball.

I recognized the accent of a couple, the girl especially for her colourful language!
Plus having big boobs, she had to play with one hand whilst holding up her bikini top with the other every time she went for the ball......she failed miserably and her top fell down twice!

To confirm though, the fella wore his Cov top at brekkie and we hit it off from there!
I sure you were popping the ball up in the air right in front of her !

Reactions: vow

tommydazzle

Today swimming at my local beach (North Sea lovely and warm this time of year) met a Cov fan with his kids - thought Midlands schools might be back by now? I was swimming with my dog and he asked me what breed it was - from that question I could tell his accent was Cov.

Also met a bloke when walking the dog in my very small village who intends to move here and is a City fan so potential for a bit of travel sharing and small dilution of all the Norwich fans.

Skybluemichael

Just met two separate cov fans in Bulgaria today at Nessebar old town and sunny beach, Mrs wasn’t happy talked for a good 10 minutes she wanted to look around the old town

Users who are viewing this thread