Random facts (1 Viewer)

Blind-Faith

Found out a couple this weekend and wondered if anyone else had any they cared to share…..

Gary Oldmans sister is big mo in Eastenders

Apple pips have very low levels of cyanide in them

robbiekeane

All humans are born premature, by about 12 months.

When we evolved to walk on two limbs it resulted in a narrower female pelvis and birth canal. So then natural selection favoured those who gave birth prematurely. So then a tremendous amount of development finishes outside the womb. Apparently we would need 18-21 months to be as cognitively developed as a chimp is at birth.

That’s why we are so fucking useless when born and need 24/7 attention. Not like say giraffes, who are a bit wobbly but trot off after about ten minutes

Sky_Blue_Daz

The best before date on walkers crisps always falls on a Saturday

olderskyblue

The label on the inside/bottom of t shirts is always on the left hand side

Bugsy

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
Crows can recognize and remember human faces.
Real corpses were used in the 1982 film Poltergeist.

Mr Panda

A female cat can hold the young of multiple male cats. So when a female is raped by multiple male cats, this is why they give birth sometimes to litters of multiple colours.

Now imagine if humans could do that

rob9872

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
Crows can recognize and remember human faces.
Real corpses were used in the 1982 film Poltergeist.
How the he'll did they work out the second one?

Bugsy

ProfessorbyGrace

Those small yellow signs you see dotted around urban areas, with a black ‘H’ embossed on them and various numbers: they are to alert fire services that there’s a hydrant nearby.

Uncooked Rice contain a trace amount of cyanide.

tommydazzle

The average number of legs per person is less than two.

Don‘t believe the dog factoid - my dog looks up at planes and geese flying over. She also looks up at her toy stuck in a tree with sad eyes...

Blind-Faith

You can boil water using ice

Get some very hot water, pour it into a screw top bottle and close. Turn upside down, rub ice around the air space. The pressure drop boils the water

I’m not saying I didn’t believe you, but I had to watch a video of it, that’s brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread