Raising our game (1 Viewer)

Gosb

How about we contributors to this forum raising our game now that we're in League 1? Two things I would like to see...….
Remember that we're 'supporters' helping the team through difficult times rather than the manic-depressive approach to winning and losing games.
Red cards for anyone who writes 'should of' instead of 'should have'.

Speedies_Chips

How about we contributors to this forum raising our game now that we're in League 1? Two things I would like to see...….
Remember that we're 'supporters' helping the team through difficult times rather than the manic-depressive approach to winning and losing games.

And a lifetime ban for saying loose instead of lose.

shmmeee

Using 'And' at the start of a sentence is fine. Google it. I'd also suggest that you search for 'using 'plus' at the start of a sentence' whilst you're at it.

Or should that be 'while you are at it'?

As long as you are clear and understood you’re fine. The rest is gatekeeping bollocks.

Should of and loose should be killed with fire though.

itsabuzzard

And yellow cards for inappropriate use of apostrophes. Repeat offences will lead to lengthy bans and ultimately, banishment.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Otis

You should of put a post up like this ages ago!!!

Gibbo

Plus penalties for poor grammar, such as starting a sentence with 'And'.
It is not poor grammar. I have it on good authority ( a bloke I know who sets the English exams for one of the exam boards) that "And" is now perfectly acceptable as a word to start a sentence. It is just a linking word, like "But". His view is that there any number of rules that have been added for no real reason in the last 100 years, and that is one of them. "I before E except after C" is another - there are loads of exceptions. The key thing is the central meaning of the sentence is clearly understood, not some small infraction of the rules

Ricketts

It is not poor grammar. I have it on good authority ( a bloke I know who sets the English exams for one of the exam boards) that "And" is now perfectly acceptable as a word to start a sentence. It is just a linking word, like "But". His view is that there any number of rules that have been added for no real reason in the last 100 years, and that is one of them. "I before E except after C" is another - there are loads of exceptions. The key thing is the central meaning of the sentence is clearly understood, not some small infraction of the rules
Can you confirm that you have checked with "a bloke I know" that this is the case?

I would be delighted that a post I made has caused such in depth investigation, especially as other have 'googled' it, because 'the internet' is always right. If so, thank you for taking the trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread