Rail and bus travel from city centre (5 Viewers)

Marty

I'd be quite happy to have an additional £1 added to all tickets to pay for the buses.

I've been to the Metricon Stadium in Australia for the cricket and they their transport system is so far ahead of ours. Soon as the match ends, they had 2 lines of about 10 buses. 1 going to the tram service and the other I'm not sure, possibly the bus terminal? but it was a case of straight out the stadium, onto the buses and that's it, away from the stadium within a minute or 2.

Could have 15 buses going to pool meadow, 5 going to the train station for the away fans, 20 buses on hire for 2 hours each, maybe £300 each, £6000 in total per game? more then covered by the additional ticket price, plus it would get 1500-2000 fans home on public transport.

Sky Blue Pete

I'd be quite happy to have an additional £1 added to all tickets to pay for the buses.

I've been to the Metricon Stadium in Australia for the cricket and they their transport system is so far ahead of ours. Soon as the match ends, they had 2 lines of about 10 buses. 1 going to the tram service and the other I'm not sure, possibly the bus terminal? but it was a case of straight out the stadium, onto the buses and that's it, away from the stadium within a minute or 2.

Could have 15 buses going to pool meadow, 5 going to the train station for the away fans, 20 buses on hire for 2 hours each, maybe £300 each, £6000 in total per game? more then covered by the additional ticket price, plus it would get 1500-2000 fans home on public transport.
Needs organising

pusbccfc

Number 20 is awful towards Cov. Packed after the game and only goes to Pool Meadow.

Sky Blue Pete

Laziness? lack of ideas? costs? from what I can tell, the council hate us, so wouldn't be surprised if they try to block any ideas.
Duggins had interest whatsoever in helping. Andy Street has and I’m pretty sure national express will provide a service of some description pretty soon

Marty

Duggins had interest whatsoever in helping. Andy Street has and I’m pretty sure national express will provide a service of some description pretty soon

Wait and see what the proposals are I suppose, no doubt it'll be 1 bus every half hour or something as equally pointless.

shmmeee

Laziness? lack of ideas? costs? from what I can tell, the council hate us, so wouldn't be surprised if they try to block any ideas.

Do love it when people think the council is some kind of all powerful communist dictatorship that can control every private interaction in the city, yet still can’t empty the fucking bins on time.

Liquid Gold

Why hasn’t it been done then?
Because behind the scenes were still a lower league outfit.

Ticketing, queueing, crowd control etc. have all been criticised this year and now transport because we don't have the resources to do some of the basics.

I'm not even having a go, the staff must be snowed under. We need to invest and make it as easy to go to the football as possible though. Not having easy transport to a stadium that makes it really difficult to park at and is right at the edge of the city though should be 1 that is easy to fix and would be attractive for a lot of people.

As Marty said we should just put a quid on the ticket price but then say it's free public transport to the stadium. People go mad for it in German football, if we did it by putting a quid on and maybe even making a small crust then it would bring the press and the crowds in. We'll be talked about as being a forward thinking club for doing basically fuck all just sorting a few coaches out.

Sky Blue Pete

Ticketing, queueing, crowd control etc. have all been criticised this year and now transport because we don't have the resources to do some of the basics.

I'm not even having a go, the staff must be snowed under. We need to invest and make it as easy to go to the football as possible though. Not having easy transport to a stadium that makes it really difficult to park at and is right at the edge of the city though should be 1 that is easy to fix and would be attractive for a lot of people.

As Marty said we should just put a quid on the ticket price but then say it's free public transport to the stadium. People go mad for it in German football, if we did it by putting a quid on and maybe even making a small crust then it would bring the press and the crowds in. We'll be talked about as being a forward thinking club for doing basically fuck all just sorting a few coaches out.
Can’t disagree but someone needs to do it

pusbccfc

Spot on.

Sky Blue Pete

Brighton ticket includes a free bus or train ride either back to a Brighton centre or Lewis because there is such a parking issue at the Amex - very similar to the cbs
Good shout have encouraged people to see what they do and how they set it all up

chiefdave

Brighton ticket includes a free bus or train ride either back to a Brighton centre or Lewis because there is such a parking issue at the Amex - very similar to the cbs
They do this, or at least used to when I lived down south, at Southampton. City Centre ground with little parking but your match ticket can also be used on any public transport going towards the ground before kick off and any public transport going away from the ground after kick off free of charge.

Sure its not actually free and something the club pay for and is factored into the ticket price but I suspect more people use public transport if they think they're getting a freebie.

hill83

There used to be a match day bus every 15 minutes from pool meadow. £2. No idea if this is still a thing. They’d pull up by the steps under the train tracks and wait there to take you back after.
I could be imagining that.

robbiethemole

They do this, or at least used to when I lived down south, at Southampton. City Centre ground with little parking but your match ticket can also be used on any public transport going towards the ground before kick off and any public transport going away from the ground after kick off free of charge.

Sure its not actually free and something the club pay for and is factored into the ticket price but I suspect more people use public transport if they think they're getting a freebie.

I remember the Southampton games where you had to park on the big field that was split into home and away parking, the buses took you right to the stadium. We were directed into this field and parked up but as we got out, noticed everyone around us were wearing red shirts, and suddenly this steward came running up and told us "back in your car quick", and showed us a way through the fence into the other side of the field where the City fans were parked. hahahha

pusbccfc

How difficult is it to run shuttles on a minor train line like this one? For an hour before and after the game, just go back and forth. One going to and from Cov and the other to Nuneaton and back. Surely it's not disruptive on a matchday as so few people use outside of football anyway?

The journey is about 5 minutes to Cov station.

I know there's always more to it, but still.

chiefdave

How difficult is it to run shuttles on a minor train line like this one? For an hour before and after the game, just go back and forth. One going to and from Cov and the other to Nuneaton and back. Surely it's not disruptive on a matchday as so few people use outside of football anyway?

The journey is about 5 minutes to Cov station.

I know there's always more to it, but still.
Isn't there an issue that the trains can't turn round? I've got a vague memory of something being done at Nuneaton, and possibly Cov, stations to allow trains to go Cov - Ricoh - Bermuda and back.

There was also talk that there aren't enough trains to run a shuttle service as the track hasn't been upgraded to the latest specification. Not sure if that's true or just an excuse from the train company.

Is there any plan for the light rail system to cover that side of the city? Appreciate that is likely years away but would be handy to have as many options as possible.

chiefdave

Do local pubs stock Dhillons or is it just their own places? You could have 'official' CCFC supporter pubs around the city and shuttle people from there to the brewery / ground and back.

Users who are viewing this thread