Radio 5 live (1 Viewer)

asiansmurf

I rarely listen to this during the week or daytime but I have been listening to it this afternoon and two things I can;t believe.
1) The old guy who is on now (presenter) keeps making stupid jokes about the troubles. Everyone seems really embarrassed by his comments, and
2) The woman presenter, about 30 minutes ago interview two girls in South London. These two girls who are probably black British said that the rioters were doing it against rich white people to show they, rioters, could do anything they want. WHAT is the purpose of this interview? These girls are about 17 years old and are not spokes persons for rioters. I cannot believe the BBC would allow such pathetic journalism to take place. This women presenter should be sack for inciting violence or hatred.

Nick

Administrator
I rarely listen to this during the week or daytime but I have been listening to it this afternoon and two things I can;t believe.
1) The old guy who is on now (presenter) keeps making stupid jokes about the troubles. Everyone seems really embarrassed by his comments, and
2) The woman presenter, about 30 minutes ago interview two girls in South London. These two girls who are probably black British said that the rioters were doing it against rich white people to show they, rioters, could do anything they want. WHAT is the purpose of this interview? These girls are about 17 years old and are not spokes persons for rioters. I cannot believe the BBC would allow such pathetic journalism to take place. This women presenter should be sack for inciting violence or hatred.

Whats wrong with it? It sums it all up! It isnt inciting hatred, it is the rioters saying it?

There was a girl on tv last night saying she is just getting her taxes back!

Do them all with rubber bullets, regardless of race

Colonel Mustard

The 'old guy' is Peter Allen, a highly-respected broadcaster.

As for the girls, I think we all ought to be interested in their opinions. The rioters broke the law, committed acts of vandalism, theft, and thuggery, and ought to be punished for it. But if you want to stop this sort of thing in the future, and build better generations of British youth, then it'd help to understand what drives them.

My 2c.

skybluesam66

this morning they were interviewing a 7 year old lad about the riots - the interview lasted about 2 minutes - absolutely awful

Users who are viewing this thread