Radical overhaul... (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

... Is one needed? we have underperforming players all over the park , in particular, Bailey, Jennings, Sheff, Dickinson (well, I'm just convinced he's shit), Cameron and Baker. So I'm going to ask this; under Carsley, and MR's last games, we've been poor, and the same culprits keep underperforming, so, do we need to overhaul the team for Scunny? For example, Thomas in for Bailey, Clarke for Dickinson etc. For me, Carsley, like Robins was too conservative in team selection and as a result, the majority of our players look jaded, and therefore are underperforming.

... Or is just me that thinks this?

ohitsaidwalker king power

Unless Conor Thomas is injured then I fail to see how he cannot be a part of the starting 11 next week at Scunny with a very jaded looking Jennings making way for me.
I think Baker looks knackered as well.. so maybe even a start for Bell on the right? If Adams has recovered him in for Dickie- other than that Away from home then leave well alone.

SkyblueBazza

... Is one needed? we have underperforming players all over the park , in particular, Bailey, Jennings, Sheff, Dickinson (well, I'm just convinced he's shit), Cameron and Baker. So I'm going to ask this; under Carsley, and MR's last games, we've been poor, and the same culprits keep underperforming, so, do we need to overhaul the team for Scunny? For example, Thomas in for Bailey, Clarke for Dickinson etc. For me, Carsley, like Robins was too conservative in team selection and as a result, the majority of our players look jaded, and therefore are underperforming.

... Or is just me that thinks this?

I think there is simply too great a contrast between home results & away results that we seem unable to address properly. That surely has to be down to the team, management & coaching staff in pretty equal measure. We go from a resilient, competent team consistently winning away...only to become a vulnerable, nervous one that consistently lose at home tells us something about ingenuity? Or maybe a weakness doing our homework on the visiting team?

Mr T - Sukka!

A radical overhaul is needed top to bottom, we are a very poor side with no threat. You can count the decent players on one hand Murphy, L Clarke, Moosa, Wood.

In fact i would say since Robins has gone they have turned back into the weak minded cowards that crumble under a bit of pressue.

elephanttears

The current team was good enough to win this league, the problem was our awful start to the season we give ourselves too much to do. It might be tough to get out this league next season as some good teams will come down.

Mucca Mad Boys

Agreed with the points on CT, the fact Liverpool took him on, and he was working with Gerrard in his time up there, he clearly has talent and I've heard numerous rumours why he didn't stay on there, but Karl Chester (car parking guy, who worked at my school) said it was because he wanted to out on loan but LFC wanted him to work his way from the reserves, I took it with a pinch of salt, because I've also heard he couldn't settle and also, they thought he wasn't good enough. Anyway, I rate him higher than both Bailey and Jennings, and I could see why they kept him out of the side when he first came back, but we've been terrible of late and I think it is about time he and others got a look in an underperforming side. The team has strength in depth, bar wings, and we should be doing a lot better. I am staggered at our home form, our form at form was better last season! WTF?

Adams needs to hurry up because Dickinson is terrible, he isn't a solid defender, as I've said, we got terrorised down our left side, and 'Dicko' gives the ball away far too often, his trademark move is just lumping it to nowhere, there were a numerous amounts of times that, had it been Adams, we would've had passed it along the floor and we could've worked on something, but when you have players like Dickinson, Jennings, Cameron and McSheffrey giving the ball away for fun, you're going struggle against the better sides in this division.

I hope we have a new manager in place for Saturday, Wise or Black, in fact, I don't really care, I just want a new manager, because none of the candidates are particularly inspiring so we're probably going to be disappointed anyway.

Yesterday was one of the rare occasions I actually got pissed off with the team, it was incredibly frustrating then Carsley, *sigh* he isn't ready and I hope he improves for the next time he becomes caretaker when the next manager gets poached/sacked.

This season has been so good, yet, so bad at the same time. Biggest rollercoaster season I've had so far.

Mucca Mad Boys

A radical overhaul is needed top to bottom, we are a very poor side with no threat. You can count the decent players on one hand Murphy, L Clarke, Moosa, Wood.

In fact i would say since Robins has gone they have turned back into the weak minded cowards that crumble under a bit of pressue.

I'd say we have a good team, people are getting a bit OTT because of defeats like this, we have a team capable of reaching the top 6 easily, but we need to strengthen in areas and get rid of players for the next season, get rid of our highest earners and rebuild and I am confident we could win the league, or get automatic promotion next season. Well I'd be sure of it if Robins was manager, not as sure now, because we don't know who the manager is, and how could he'll be.

stupot07

The current team was good enough to win this league, the problem was our awful start to the season we give ourselves too much to do. It might be tough to get out this league next season as some good teams will come down.

You don't win any league with a home record like ours or an inability to keep clean sheets. We can point to the first 8 games but in reality we have bottled it in the the big games this season.

Mucca Mad Boys

You don't win any league with a home record like ours or an inability to keep clean sheets. We can point to the first 8 games but in reality we have bottled it in the the big games this season.

No, for the large part, in the big games we've performed admirably and got points to show for it, the little games however, we've bottled it, you've got Scunny, Pompey, Carlisle, Shrews, is where we've fucked it up this season.

stupot07

No, for the large part, in the big games we've performed admirably and got points to show for it, the little games however, we've bottled it, you've got Scunny, Pompey, Carlisle, Shrews, is where we've fecked it up this season.

I'm talking about the business end of the season the 'must win games' - Crewe JPT at home - bottled it, Yeovil at home bottled it, Swindon at home bottled it. The latter two the proverbial 6 pointers

Everyone drops the odd points against the bottom teams, like bury beating swindon.

shy_tall_knight

We as Cov fans need to be more honest about our players, some are just not good enough and decisions need to be made for next season.

Nathan - seems to have gone backwards too important a position to be so weak
Edge - if he can't dispalce Nathan then clearly not good enough for this leage
jordan - I would play him at LB rather than the loanee who is getting worse by the week
Jennings - at odd with a lot of city fans but always look lost, minimal impact on games lacks a physical presence and doesn't have an skill to make up for this think Connor is streets ahead
Sheffers - living off past glories has had a very poor season
Barton & fleck will they ever be good enough to start for us because both seem like good footballers with the ball but poor defensively.

Mucca Mad Boys

We as Cov fans need to be more honest about our players, some are just not good enough and decisions need to be made for next season.

Nathan - seems to have gone backwards too important a position to be so weak
Edge - if he can't dispalce Nathan then clearly not good enough for this leage
jordan - I would play him at LB rather than the loanee who is getting worse by the week
Jennings - at odd with a lot of city fans but always look lost, minimal impact on games lacks a physical presence and doesn't have an skill to make up for this think Connor is streets ahead
Sheffers - living off past glories has had a very poor season
Barton & fleck will they ever be good enough to start for us because both seem like good footballers with the ball but poor defensively.

The latter 2, maybe, both have ability, and they have shown class, neither have had a fair run in IMO, for large part, deservedly because we were in-form, but now we're in decline, we really need to mix it up. Other than that, I agree, but I would say you're being slightly harsh on Jennings.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm talking about the business end of the season the 'must win games' - Crewe JPT at home - bottled it, Yeovil at home bottled it, Swindon at home bottled it. The latter two the proverbial 6 pointers

Everyone drops the odd points against the bottom teams, like bury beating swindon.

I did have a feeling you was on about that, on that case I agree, we have bottled it too often, with MR too, PNE was a bad draw to, but as I said, we have won other "proverbial 6-pointers" such as Donny, MK Dons.

Thinking about it, I want Black as manager, if he's anywhere near the 4-man short list, because I think he could be good, but as people have said, it was about 10 years ago, lets not dwell on the past, and at least if he was shit we'd be able to put to bed the 'what-if'. The other candidates don't exactly fill me with much confidence anyway...

CCFCSteve

Disappointing with a decent enough bench that changes weren't made a lot earlier. Thomas and edge should've been introduced as defensive midfield and defence were shambolic. They were overrunning us even though we appeared to have one extra in midfield (moussa).

I hate singling out players but Dickinson looked woeful. Lets hope Stewart fits in well and/or Adams is back sooner rather than later.

The core of the team should be good enough at this level. They just looked lost yesterday though

Mucca Mad Boys

Disappointing with a decent enough bench that changes weren't made a lot earlier. Thomas and edge should've been introduced as defensive midfield and defence were shambolic. They were overrunning us even though we appeared to have one extra in midfield (moussa).

I hate singling out players but Dickinson looked woeful. Lets hope Stewart fits in well and/or Adams is back sooner rather than later.

The core of the team should be good enough at this level. They just looked lost yesterday though

I agree, Dickinson lost us too much momentum too often by aimlessly punting it... Incompetent in his defensive duties too. I don't know how he is a 'professional', I genuinely think Hussey is better, and I think he's playing where he belongs... In L2.

Carsley has turned us into a more direct team, which isn't working, like the manager who brought him here.

Bailey wasnt too bad but he hasnt been great lately, Jenno was sh*te and has been for the last couple of games, Clarke did his job for him yesterday and did his own too. Sheffers was better but still not great, Cameron, not happy with him at all, personally i dont think Dicko has been that bad and Baker doesnt deserve half the criticisim he is getting. He's had a couple of bad games, he's been our best player this season that we've actually owned. He's allowed 3 bad games a season isnt he? I'd say Jenno, Sheffers, Cameron and Bailey out, Thomas, Fleck, Cody and Edje in. We had no attacing play yesterday and that needs to change. Cody is on good form and if we sit him on the bench, he's just gonna lose it. Would like to see Fleck and Thomas given a chance and tbh, even tho Edje hasnt been great, ANYONE would be better than Cameron, but i agreenthat a total overhaul is needed. Forget the old order. Get all the lads together, even the youth team, put them thru their pases and pick out the best. Forget who's in the team and who isnt, just pick the best

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't think Cody is good enough to start upfront with Clarke, too similar players and it's a dig-eat-dog world, and Clarke is better and in my eyes, there's only room for one of them.

Bailey went hiding, I literally cant remember anything he did yesterday, nope nothing, at least Jennings put himself out there, he was frustrating to watch, he'd do something good, then would give the ball away stupidly and he should've been took off, not dragged off, he did well in areas (tackling), gave 100%, but it didn't come off for him, that's Carsley's responsibility to take him off then... And to change an underperforming side, which is it; naivety or stubbornness!?

I've looked back at the highlights, Cameron was even worse than I had thought! :( :facepalm: Dickinson was our worst defender though, distribution was well, not even fit for a hoofroyd side, defending, he got skinned on many occasions and spent most of his time holding his hand up in apology.

McSheffrey was poor, but his assist was good tbf, but that, for some, will make them forget about the amount of times he gave the ball away because he can't control a ball, and no doubt will remember him being in their RB's pocket all game, most dangerous threat? No, that went to Moussa (then Clarke) for me, his first good home performance, typical of the team this season. Clarke was so, so unlucky not to get a goal.

CCFCSteve

Just one quick comment on Cody actually. He was the only f*cker looking to get the game restarted after Swindon scored the second. Appreciate the others may have been shell shocked but pull yer fingers out lads, there was still 8-10 mins left inc injury time !

Users who are viewing this thread