Radford Sky Blues? (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

OK, feeling a little nostalgic tonight after being a Sky Blue for the last 30+ years and looking at league 1 in the face.

I'm a links road boy born and bred now living in Cornwall for the past 18 years. Will never go back to Cov to live but it will always be my home

Last edited:

PhilWasn'tBabb

My time in coventry was spent in Hillfields late 80s early 90s..... it was an interesting place to grow up...

But loved being able to walk out the door and be at highfield road in 5 mins

tippex9

Playing football on the green in Jubilee Cres

Otis

Used to live in Burnaby Road for many, many years. Now almost right opposite where The Whitmore used to be.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Born in Gulson Road Hospital, lived all over the City and finally spent the last 12 years or so in Tile Hill (just off Jobs Lane). Wouldn't go back though.

EleanorRigby

Widdrington Road and as kids as young as 12/13 a crowd of us would go to virtually every away game in the JH years, jump on the number 14 inner-circle bus, station, train, Swindon, Crewe, Preston or whereever, match, train , inner-circle and home usually for less than a quid. For example threepence on the bus, 7s and 6d train fare, arrive at Swindon, 1s bag of chips and drink, programe a tanner, in the ground 1s and 6d (kids rate) back on train. 3d on bus or walked back, home about 8 mother didn't really know where i had been. That's all for eleven shilling about 55p. Used to get the money up the preceding week or so taking pop bottles back for a tanner, saving pocket money, scrounge a couple of bob here and there of your favourite aunt, try not to ask mother in case the old man found out and vetoed it.

Last edited:

valiant15

I used to go in the whitty with ant last,Paul cunningham,gordon,Scott last,oggy etc. Any of those names ring a bell skyblue4u? That was many years ago though and I don't know your age.

EleanorRigby

I used to go in the whitty with ant last,Paul cunningham,gordon,Scott last,oggy etc. Any of those names ring a bell skyblue4u? That was many years ago though and I don't know your age.
Went to school (Barker's Butts) with David Last, who was perhaps a brother or uncle, sadly David was killed in car crash on the Tamworth Road, went to many an away game with him.

Disorganised1

Having to listen to Southampton Coventry CWR just went off online

Disorganised1

Oops - wrong thread

Lived on Bennetts Road - ised to go to Jubilee Crescent Youth Club with some mates. Had a lot of friends at Copthorne.

Nick

Administrator
Was born and lived on capmartin for a year! Moved out when i was a nipper though :)

Skyblue4u

I also used to play footy on the cres in all the dog shyte lol. I'm 43 those names dont ring a bell but I hardly ever dranky at the whitmore. My locals were the Wallace, Pilot and the Shep.

Went to president kennedy school if you can call it that

Last edited:

Kuklinski

If its the same Worzel I was gonna give him a spankin in Studio 21 a few years back. Drinks in the Wallace with Carl Neale and Joe?

valiant15

Yeh that was worzel lol,didnt really know him that well tbh,was never a fan of the pilot really.Joe rings a bell kuk.Im all settled down now,the wild days are over:(

valiant15

I used to work in the old bp garage on the radford road opposite the texaco garage in the early 90s,i think its a car wash now.Used to get pissed off with the lash heads coming out of the radford at night and messing me about with shit through the window that they didnt want lol. Ah the old days:D

Skyblue4u

The Radford also used to be one of my local haunts forgot about that place now is an aldi :(

Didn't use the BP garage though lol

Users who are viewing this thread