Racing Santander boycott (1 Viewer)

malkitccfc

Anybody else watching the Racing Santander game? Their players who haven't been paid in months have refused to play. Game kicked off and they all ran to the half way line and linked arms. Ref called it off after 20 seconds :D

The Racing players released a joint statement on Monday announcing they would refuse to play the quarter-final second leg unless president Angel Lavin and his board stepped down.

Hope our lads are watching, heres an idea!

skybluepm2

Anybody else watching the Racing Santander game? Their players who haven't been paid in months have refused to play. Game kicked off and they all ran to the half way line and linked arms. Ref called it off after 20 seconds :D

The Racing players released a joint statement on Monday announcing they would refuse to play the quarter-final second leg unless president Angel Lavin and his board stepped down.

Bollocks, I had money on a draw..I wonder if that counts ;)

That would've been Leon Clarke's next move if his move hadn't gone through today..on his own though

Godiva

Are you saying our players are not being paid?

Godiva

No. But a protest against the owners. Gets the media attention however

Why would the players want to protest against the owners?
It's not like they are life-long supporters who have strong emotions about the off-field politics.

skybluefred

Why would the players want to protest against the owners?
It's not like they are life-long supporters who have strong emotions about the off-field politics.

Because our owners took us to play on a cabbage patch 35 miles from our HOME. Only a complete idiot
wouldn't want to protest about that.

malkitccfc

I'm on about Santander here, not CCFC. Just saying, its good to see that the players have done something to act against their current owners after not being paid. 6 months without pay apparently, i'd riot after two weeks!

Godiva

Because our owners took us to play on a cabbage patch 35 miles from our HOME. Only a complete idiot

Yet they are doing a fine job on that cabbage patch. And it's not 35 miles away from THEIR home, is it?
And I actually don't like you calling our players 'complete idiots'.
Please don't try to enroll the players in this dispute.

dancers lance

I went to a Valencia V Racing Club Santander at the Mestalla (amazing stadium, soon to be gone) a couple of years ago, and the Valencia fans were throwing a good old protest because they had just sold David Silva.......the Spanish love a protest and do it well, thing is, they stick to it and get results.

Last edited:

SkyBlueSid

The problem is that, as long as players get paid, they couldn't give a monkeys how the club is run. Same the world over, it's just a job to them. Fail to pay them for doing that job and the result is what the Racing players did tonight.

Move the club miles away, alienate 90% of the fans, lie about building new stadiums and the players just get on with it. It's down to the fans to protest because the players never will. Most have stayed away, fair enough. But those that do go to Sixfields should be campaigning with chants and banners every game. They are the ones letting us down by sitting there in virtual silence.

Hugh Jarse

The conversation went something like this.......

Referee to Keeper: "C'mon wtf is going on?"
Keeper:"Look pal, we aint been paid for weeks and we've had enough"
Referee: "You've had enough, what about those poor bastards in Coventry, don't you think they've suffered enough as well, did you see them doing this last Friday at The Emirates?"
Keeper: "We're not budging on this, so do your worst."
Referee: "That's it, I'm calling it off, everybody back to the bar?"

CJ_covblaze

Great to see the opposition players and supporters being so supportive. Was certainly very odd to watch. Reminded me of a Barca game a few years ago. Barca needed a point to win the league and the opposition needed a point to stay up. They went at it for 80 odd minutes but then just gave up and passed the ball around for the rest as it was a draw.

Gint11

Our lads are being paid though!

Users who are viewing this thread