Racial slur against Jordan Clarke on Twitter (1 Viewer)

Otis

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...e-target-of-twitter-race-hate-92746-32097887/

Hope it's no-one on here.

What a stupid thing to do to your own player. Completely and utterly wrong anyway, but your own player?:facepalm:

'TROLLS sent a series of sick taunts via Twitter including a racial slur to young Sky Blues player Jordan Clarke after the club's latest defeat.
Among the vile tirade were tweets saying the player was a useless waste of skin and should be put down, as well as the racist comment.'

ccfc92

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...e-target-of-twitter-race-hate-92746-32097887/

Hope it's no-one on here.

What a stupid thing to do to your own player. Completely and utterly wrong anyway, but your own player?:facepalm:

'TROLLS sent a series of sick taunts via Twitter including a racial slur to young Sky Blues player Jordan Clarke after the club's latest defeat.
Among the vile tirade were tweets saying the player was a useless waste of skin and should be put down, as well as the racist comment.'

Agreed Otis. Fair enough have a go about his ability. But there is no need for that kind of abuse. Same hardmen that are sat behind a screen I assume :jerkit:

Macca

Before we start beating the crap out of ourselves as we like too. This is some morons who are all over twitter etc. probably about 14 and taking a break from wanking

Nick

Administrator
There are a couple of young chavs who used to like abusing Juke when he was here.

Fair enough post on forums if you aren't happy with how they played but no need to start being offensive like that.

I don't know what was said but hope they get caught.

pusbccfc

That's the problem with twitter.
Imo I'd like to see twitter find any abusive words sent to a celeb then delete the tweet before it reaches the person it was sent to.

wingy

That's the problem with twitter.
Imo I'd like to see twitter find any abusive words sent to a celeb then delete the tweet before it reaches the person it was sent to.
How about to Anyone,why just celebs ,never been on it but all I hear is how its used for abusive purposes .

Moff

Can someone, anyone, honestly justify what the f*cking point of Twitter is?
as I am yet to see any good of it.

CarpyCov84

I have not Been his biggest fan this season simply down to how I've saw him play in the past he's been superb in certain games but has failed at this level but that kind of abuse is beyond a joke.If I was in the spot-light like most well known people the last thing I'd have is Twitter etc its just setting yourself up for constant drama and stress.

superskyblue

Before we start beating the crap out of ourselves as we like too. This is some morons who are all over twitter etc. probably about 14 and taking a break from wanking

I'm inclined to agree with you Macca, but we must remember that it is always a minority involved in racism or any kind of football misdemeanours. The problem arises when that minority act more frequently and then you get to the situation where all fans are tarred with the same brush, which is totally unfair.

I know lots of Leeds fans who are good mates of mine, but overall I'd still say Leeds fans are wankers because the good are overshadowed by the minority who are wankers. We need to be careful we don't get that same reputation, there have been a few incidents recently (Brighton away, Yeovil etc) that could damage our reputation as fans and I can't say I'm overly pleased about it.

georgehudson

as was said by a fleet st journo recently;
'giving some people the licence to use twitter, is tantamount to giving a chimpanzee a machine gun'

SBS

Twitter does have advantages, its not just full of people spouting off these sort of mindless comments. It's a chance for fans to interact with players and players can tell their own version of events, as opposed to through a paper when words can be twisted.

Either way, it's pretty low. I remember reading a article on the Coventry supporters club in the 1970's. It said that as a collective, all the supporter groups were trying to create connections to other nations supporter groups. South Africa was going through a pretty horrible period, but the supporters groups decided politics didn't come into football and were going to try and forge links anyway. The only supporter group who objected was Coventry, the spokesperson said something along the lines of "being able to support a football club should not come down to your colour or creed"

I'd rather think of our club linked to actions like that, as opposed to this thick keyboard warrior.

Puck

What if the person who posted the comment on twitter was very angry at the time and resorted to using a racial insult to insult Clarke with?

lordsummerisle

Pandering to stereotypes and making blanket judgements on people according to their class, race, colour or creed is abhorrent.

I'm going to do it anyway though:

All Twitter users are cunts.

hill83

Very gutted and annoyed about this. I take pride in the fact I've never heard any racist comments or chants in the 22 years I've been going up the city. Being mixed race myself it's something I'm very sensitive about and I'm ashamed that coventry 'fans' are dishing out these sort of comments. I genuinely think things are getting worse for this sort of behaviour and it's a massive shame. People's true colours come out from behind a keyboard, and whoever did this is quite frankly, an utter c*nt.

Grendel

What if the person who posted the comment on twitter was very angry at the time and resorted to using a racial insult to insult Clarke with?

Don't see why John Terry should have a spat with Jordan.

tippex9

Feel free to elaborate on this......

Coz right now I'm thinking you mean if at the next match my 15 year old mixed race son accidently bumps into you and spills your drink on you, you'll think it's acceptable to racially abuse him because you're angry...

As for blaming Twitter, it's a perfectly useful form of social networking. Easily abused like nuisance phonecalls, bullying texts or abusive Facebook posts, it's a case of Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

The behaviour of Coventry 'fans' in recent years has been more of a disappointment to me than even the team. At times I'm embarrassed to be associated with the following on the back of some actions I've witnessed on our travels. This latest episode genuinely makes me want to give up my ST and walk away from a sport fast losing it's appeal. The thought of sharing a stadium with people who would racially abuse my Sky Blue devoted mixed race son sickens me, even those who try to justify it.

Last edited:

hill83

What if in the heat of the moment, face to face, I call someone a ni**er face to face in an argument?

Ok, so you are on a wind up. But for arguments sake. You get your teeth slapped out.

Puck

Ok, so you are on a wind up. But for arguments sake. You get your teeth slapped out.

I'm not on a wind up, far from it but I am playing devil's advocate.
It seems that a moderator on this board finds that behaviour totally acceptable and justifiable.

hill83

I'm not on a wind up, far from it but I am playing devil's advocate.
It seems that a moderator on this board finds that behaviour totally acceptable and justifiable.

How is that devils advocate? It's not questioning both sides of the story. It's asking a ridiculous question to cause trouble.

Which moderator are you talking about?

Last edited:

Puck

How is that devils advocate? It's not questioning both sides of the story. Is asking a ridiculous question to cause trouble.

Which moderator are you talking about?

I'm not going to explain the meaning of devil's advocate as I believe you already know the definition.
I fail to see where two sides come into this story.
What I do see is endemic and ingrained racism on a daily basis in this country and exhibited on this forum.
If calling that into question and labelling it as "causing trouble", then so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread