Quieter On Here? (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Who decides what criteria constitutes a ruined thread? In fact what are the criteria you intend to use?

The fact that it is a thread about Moussa's next world class goal and somebody trying to turn it into a ACL / SISU thread.

A ruined thread, try about 90% of them at the minute.

valiant15

The fact that it is a thread about Moussa's next world class goal and somebody trying to turn it into a ACL / SISU thread.

So what are you going to do about ccfc4life?

The guys openly admitted to trolling,isn't that against the rules?

Or will you turn a blind eye because he's anti council?

Nick

Administrator
So what are you going to do about ccfc4life?

The guys openly admitted to trolling,isn't that against the rules?

Or will you turn a blind eye because he's anti council?

Have you read any of the thread? Whether it is anti council, pro sisu or fucking pro green it will be the same?

Do you know every PM that is sent to users also? Pretty sure you don't.

ccfc92

But if a thread goes on for a while, it will change topic. Like say I said moussa goal was good, someone may say it was similar to a former players goal, then the conversation changes and so on

Nick

Administrator
But if a thread goes on for a while, it will change topic. Like say I said moussa goal was good, someone may say it was similar to a former players goal, then the conversation changes and so on

Of course it will, nothing wrong with it going on about it being like another goal etc.

It is when somebody comes in with the "if it wasnt for the council we will have 10 points more" or "its sisus fault". I mean blatant, randomly, stupid posts like that.

ccfc92

Of course it will, nothing wrong with it going on about it being like another goal etc.

It is when somebody comes in with the "if it wasnt for the council we will have 10 points more" or "its sisus fault". I mean blatant, randomly, stupid posts like that.

Okay :) I assumed you meant any slight off topic

mark82

Because you don't agree with what i say?

I don't agree with what you say but i wouldn't want you banned.

Grow up mark.

Apologies, I didn't necessarily mean a ban. Maybe just a warning. You put the same thing in about 3 threads last night and it was deleted from at least one. A prime example of what we are talking about (although can't remember exactly which thread).

J

Jack Griffin

No, of course threads will sway off about other things.

I just mean the blatent trying to turn it into the repetitive ACL / SISU stuff.

So basically you want to censor people for talking about matters that deeply concern them.

Nick

Administrator
So basically you want to censor people for talking about matters that deeply concern them.

Have you read the thread or are you just purposely talking rubbish?

People can talk about ANYTHING THEY WANT, they just need to keep it in topics / threads about it rather than every thread.

It is amazing how quick people are to be outraged about things that haven't even been said.

valiant15

Apologies, I didn't necessarily mean a ban. Maybe just a warning. You put the same thing in about 3 threads last night and it was deleted from at least one. A prime example of what we are talking about (although can't remember exactly which thread).

Fair enough,i need to bite my tongue at times.

Must be the irish in me.

J

Jack Griffin

Have you read the thread or are you just purposely talking rubbish?

People can talk about ANYTHING THEY WANT, they just need to keep it in topics / threads about it rather than every thread.

It is amazing how quick people are to be outraged about things that haven't even been said.

I have understood the thread. You want to reduce the amount of ACL/CCFC/CCC talk, I just think that is a way of censoring people, whether you agree with me or not.

covmark

I have understood the thread. You want to reduce the amount of ACL/CCFC/CCC talk, I just think that is a way of censoring people, whether you agree with me or not.
I think you know what he's on about, you're just trying to be an awkward dick.

Nonleagueherewecome

People are fed up with threads turning into the same over and over again.

It's a combination of things for me. On the one hand I don't feel any connection with a team playing in Northampton. I was only ever coming on here to see if there was any progress on us coming home or SISU leaving. Nowadays I find out about any City news by Torch telling me in the office at work!

Secondly, I really can't stand your patronising attitude. You love to wave the "Off topic!!!" flag and are incapable of understanding that at the end of the day, the club playing in Northampton is a related factor in just about everything that happens to us. I don't believe in censorhip unless it is intolerable language or things like racism, sexism or homophobia.

If you think it's quiet because people are sick of threads being taken off-topic, you are in complete denial.

Nick

Administrator

Think what you want to be fair, you are clearly being awkward and trying to stir up something that isn't there.

ccfc92

It's a combination of things for me. On the one hand I don't feel any connection with a team playing in Northampton. I was only ever coming on here to see if there was any progress on us coming home or SISU leaving. Nowadays I find out about any City news by Torch telling me in the office at work!

Secondly, I really can't stand your patronising attitude. You love to wave the "Off topic!!!" flag and are incapable of understanding that at the end of the day, the club playing in Northampton is a related factor in just about everything that happens to us. I don't believe in censorhip unless it is intolerable language or things like racism, sexism or homophobia.

If you think it's quiet because people are sick of threads being taken off-topic, you are in complete denial.

Wow :claping hands: :D

Nick

Administrator

Where is anything being censored? People can say what they want, just keep it in the threads about it. People don't need to post that they won't ever go to Sixfields in every thread for example.

Of course people don't visit as much for various reasons, but a large % of feedback I have had is that every thread is repetitive.

J

Jack Griffin

Think what you want to be fair, you are clearly being awkward and trying to stir up something that isn't there.

Nope, I think like nonleagueherewecome you may find it hard to be impartial on this as you have your own bias and censorship isn't something that is not to be encouraged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick

Administrator
Nope, I think like nonleagueherewecome you may find it hard to be impartial on this as you have your own bias and censorship isn't something that is not to be encouraged.

Have you read the thread? It doesn't matter if I agree with it or not, there will be mods with a range of opinions.

Who is censoring anything? Nobody is, it's just another thing for people to make stuff up about, be outraged and act a victim. Unless I posted somewhere that if you disagree with me I'll ban you ?

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think that it is worth a try.

Our "exile" is always going to be in everyone's minds (one way or another), but it does get depressing when pretty much every thread descends into the same arguments.

mark82

I think that it is worth a try.

Our "exile" is always going to be in everyone's minds (one way or another), but it does get depressing when pretty much every thread descends into the same arguments.

Exactly. Sometimes I just want to take my mind off the other stuff. It's not necessary that it's in every thread.

NLHWC - all forums have moderators who will remove off topic posts. It's not unique to this forum. In fact, as moderators go Nick is quite lenient.

Sterling Archer

I could start a thread purely on ladies boobs and I would give it 10 or so posts before it strays into the usual idiocy we read everyday about SHITSU, Sixfingers etc.

We get it, you don't like our current predicament. Neither does 99.999% of us. We won't think anything less of you if you don't mention it in a post. Honest.

And for the record, ladies boobs are lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread