Quiet? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Is it just me or is everything quiet on the ccfc front now thorn has gone and we arent doing too badly.

Message boards and twitter seem a lot quieter!

Astute

It is always the same when we win. Most of the old women that come on here for a moan don't have much to moan about other than not playing like the best team in the world

Otis

People are only happy when they have something to moan about.

I am very impressed with Robins so far. He seems so much more tactically aware than the previous manager, whose name escapes me at the moment.

When something doesn't work he reacts during the game and quickly changes it. Very confident now he will change our fortunes for the better.

Mucca Mad Boys

I am very impressed with Robins so far. He seems so much more tactically aware than the previous manager, whose name escapes me at the moment.

When something doesn't work he reacts during the game and quickly changes it. Very confident now he will change our fortunes for the better.

Make that pretty much all our managers since we've gone down!

ajsccfc

Agreed with Otis. We're obviously a work in progress, but the fact that he made a change at half-time after spotting our deficiencies in the first half that eventually led to a win is a very promising sign in the new manager.

Macca

This would appear a really simple question. For discussion you need something to get your teeth into. So being really shit or being pretty good. At the moment we are winning so you can t really moan but still fairly uninspiring so there's less to say.

Skybluestu82

It was quiet last week as well. I for one am a very happy man as I am every time we get 3 points.

It's so refreshing as well to see a manager changing it up and reacting to the direction of how things are going on the pitch during the game.

I also think MR's ht team talk must have been a gooden as we were a different team second half. Maybe a bit of Fergie hair dryer treatment, who knows!!

Whatever it was, it worked!! MR has definitely impressed thus far!

ampthill_sba

In our group at games we've often voiced that a sub is needed and a suitable replacement or reshuffle; only for Robbins to make the same decision independently.

The Barton for Ball swap at half time being an example...

Brighton Sky Blue

Quite simple-the new manager appears a hell of a lot more competent than his predecessor on most levels.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

It is refreshing to watch the game and for the manager to make the obviously needed changes in a timely fashion. Is nice to be able to have faith that the person in charge is going to do their best to turn games in our favour and is competent and tactically astute enough to do so.

MR has clearly come in with ideas of how things should be done throughout the club - similar to another manager who gave us one of our best periods. Hopefully MR can take us down the same path.

Paxman II

Lets not be too quick to sing his praises. he's doing OK so far. Not brilliant and not useless. It's clear though there are problems deeply rooted with our squad and football club and overcoming these and getting the team to relax on the pitch, put all behind them and play their game to their potential is going to take time and a few right results.
Everything is getting better though and that will pick up pace in the next half dozen games or so. Think we all must have a sneaky eye on the next fixture and the next fixture already surmising what might, just might start to be?
Swindon is a great test. Away, no pressure, in form side but just of late not scoring so well and us getting our own shit and confidence together with a manager installing belief. We won our last away fixture, we have 7 points from 3 games and our new players are starting to gel together. We will raise our game knowingly and think we can win which would be a huge leap to our belief.

Who's going?

Black6Osprey

Let's get real here. I think half the ground could see that 1 up front with a midfield that couldn't get up to support wasn't working (it also didn't work against MK Dons and it needed the same change there but it didn't happen and we should have lost the game). Yes, he made the change so thank god he's not a complete idiot (or perhaps he's realising his 1 up top formation is shit when you're the home side) but let's not get carried away.

Skybluestu82

Let's get real here. I think half the ground could see that 1 up front with a midfield that couldn't get up to support wasn't working (it also didn't work against MK Dons and it needed the same change there but it didn't happen and we should have lost the game). Yes, he made the change so thank god he's not a complete idiot (or perhaps he's realising his 1 up top formation is shit when you're the home side) but let's not get carried away.

Think it's more to do with the fact that in the few games he's had he has made the changes that have been needed. That's not just in formation but personnel as well, he could very well have subbed on another midfielder and kept the formation but went with Ball and he was a big difference, not 'the' difference but a big part of it.

I think the other point is that we've been used to, from previous managers, changes with five minutes to go, if at all, leaving players very little time if any to make a difference.

See your point that he's not the 'be all and end all' of football management but just, like most have said, a refreshing change from what we've been used to for far to long!

RichieGunns

I'm mostly quiet because everytime i come on here i see people huffing and puffing about this and that (Send Ball and Brown back being one of the things thats twisting my goat right now) and I can't be arsed with it anymore!

Brown is one thing but Ball hadn't had a proper chance and people wanted him gone despite that. Plus the fact we can't send them back till the end of the contract, has been largely ignored by many even though I and several others have said it on multiple occasions that we can't do it! I've had enough of reminding people lol

I'm quite happy to remain quiet and give Robins the time he definately needs.

I see improvements, i see a lot of changes both on and off the pitch.

I'm content with that because there's nothing i can presonally do about it. I don't work for the club, i don't have a say on what players play where and which players get booted out so why waste my breath ay ;)

Robin's has come in and started something. Im quietly confident that things will get better the more weeks go by!

And thats my pennies worth ;D

Last edited:

psgm1

Banned
The performances of the team under Robins have been as bad if not worse than under thorn or shaw. The one difference is that luck is currently with Cov at the moment. I managed to have a quick chat with Dave Bennett at half time and he agreed with me - this current squad are an embarassment.

Robins has not improved the performances one little bit. I think far too many people are getting carried away with not losing in 3 games! Bear in mind we have played 2 teams at the bottom of the table, and have had 2 lucky wins and 1 lucky draw.

Hardly a glowing endorsement. I seem to remember the same people who are saying Robins is doing a fine job saying Thoen would easily make cov avoid relegation. How did that work out?

Brighton Sky Blue

The performances of the team under Robins have been as bad if not worse than under thorn or shaw. The one difference is that luck is currently with Cov at the moment. I managed to have a quick chat with Dave Bennett at half time and he agreed with me - this current squad are an embarassment.

Robins has not improved the performances one little bit. I think far too many people are getting carried away with not losing in 3 games! Bear in mind we have played 2 teams at the bottom of the table, and have had 2 lucky wins and 1 lucky draw.

Hardly a glowing endorsement. I seem to remember the same people who are saying Robins is doing a fine job saying Thoen would easily make cov avoid relegation. How did that work out?

Our dearest Duffy is praising Robins at the moment-if you can find me a post of his praising Thorn then I'll abseil the Ricoh...

WillieStanley

By Christmas, I don't think anyone said we'd "Easily avoid relegation" Even those who loved Andy Thorn knew it was going to be tough.

We were also advised that Robins would stablise the team, which he is doing. The trick will be to kick on once we have stablised. I think it's unfair to say that the results have been lucky. We're slowly building our confidence, we seem to have some direction on the pitch, but it's not going to happen over night. He's managed to get our defence to record 2 clean sheets... OUR DEFENCE!!

There's still a lot of rough around the edges. A lot of mistakes that would be annoying at 5-a-side level but they are getting ironed out. He is still critical in his annalysis post-matches and never promises a thing.

Black6Osprey

The last three games have been dreadful but we've got points. At Oldham the post saved us and some woeful finishing from them, MK Dons we were played off the pitch and thankfully someone tied the guys laces together on the open goal and yesterday we were no better than them in the first half and were terrible and played better with 2 strikers (what a 21st century concept) and deserved to win but against an abysmal Bournemouth team. Luck is on our side at the moment but get ready to come down with a big bump when Swindon stuff us next week if we play anything like we have done lately.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

The last three games have been dreadful but we've got points. At Oldham the post saved us and some woeful finishing from, MK Dons we were played off the pitch and thankfully someone tied the guys laces together on the open goal and yesterday we were no better than the in the first half and were terrible and played better with 2 strikers (what a 21st century concept) and deserved to win but against an abysmal Bournemouth team. Luck is on our side at the moment but get ready to come down with a big bump when Swindon stuff us next week if we play anything like we have done lately.

I don't think any of us have managed to get Shrewsbury out of our minds yet-also don't think there's anyone here guilty of complacency at the moment.

scroobiustom

It is always the same when we win. Most of the old women that come on here for a moan don't have much to moan about other than not playing like the best team in the world

Having said that were is ccfcway today, I always enjoy his upbeat, told you so level of optimism...

sylus

couldn't of said it better myself.at least you say it how it is..

ajsccfc

Nobody's seriously this dense are they?

The Reverend Skyblue

Well I've had two happy saturdays and Sundays in a row, so i am not complaining.
The constant losing every weekend was seriously getting me down, and the wife had to sit me down 3 weeks ago and tell me that me being constantly miserable about Cov was having an effect on her and the kids and family life, and i had to agree totally with her.I just got just fed up of being fed up with my team, and i was getting a pain in the arse to be around.

In other words lighten up or else, was the main point of her message.

Robins took over a squad of nearly thirty players, none of them he knew or chose, so lets give him the patience he deserves to try and sort this debacle out. He told us straight that over the coming weeks results were way more important than performances, as he knew we would be cut adrift with no chance of a decent season if they had'nt changed quickly.

I love this club as much as everyone on here, we are all passionate about Cov and is why some of us spend a lot of time reading and posting , but lets give Robins our patience to weed out the tripe, and get some fighting spirit amongst the rest he has to work with.When he is allowed to bring in the players he wants and give them play time, then lets judge him. I am as sick to death as everyone else, of changing the bloody manager every five seconds.

I really believe we have at last a really decent honest manager who will start to take us back in the right direction, and i for one am pleased he is here fighting with us

The Rev

Last edited:

RichieGunns

Well I've had two happy saturdays and Sundays in a row, so i am not complaining.
The constant losing every weekend was seriously getting me down, and the wife had to sit me down 3 weeks ago and tell me that me being constantly miserable about Cov was having an effect on her and the kids and family life, and i had to agree totally with her.I just got just fed up of being fed up with my team, and i was getting a pain in the arse to be around.

Robins took over a squad of nearly thirty players, none of them he knew or chose, so lets give him the patience he deserves to try and sort this debacle out. He told us straight that over the coming weeks results were way more important than performances, as he knew we would be cut adrift with no chance of a decent season if they had'nt changed quickly.

I love this club as much as everyone on here, we are all passionate about Cov and is why some of us spend a lot of time reading and posting , but lets give Robins our patience to weed out the tripe, and get some fighting spirit amongst the rest he has to work with.When he is allowed to bring in the players he wants and give them play time, then lets judge him. I am as sick to death as everyone else, of changing the bloody manager every five seconds.

I really believe we have at last a really decent honest manager who will start to take us back in the right direction, and i for one am pleased he is here fighting with us

The Rev

As always Rev, spot on and very much mirrors my own thoughts.

Looking forward to seeing how the team plays on Tuesday!

Skybluestu82

The Rev

Amen to that Rev!

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Well said the rev.

Performances will only improve with confidence. What was most important was that we stopped the rot.

I can't believe that some people can't see why things are better under MR than shaw or thorn. MR has shown that he has clear ideas about how his team should be run and he is prepared to take action both on and off the field to this end. He has managed to stop the rot, it has been a while since we have picked up 7 points out of 9.

As we start to pick up results and robin has longer to influence things then I expect that confidence and performances will improve and I am optimistic about the direction MR will hopefully take the club.

Why do some have to be so negative. We start winning and so now the opposition wasn't good enough to mean anything - ridiculous!!

Skybluestu82

Well said the rev.

Performances will only improve with confidence. What was most important was that we stopped the rot.

I can't believe that some people can't see why things are better under MR than shaw or thorn. MR has shown that he has clear ideas about how his team should be run and he is prepared to take action both on and off the field to this end. He has managed to stop the rot, it has been a while since we have picked up 7 points out of 9.

As we start to pick up results and robin has longer to influence things then I expect that confidence and performances will improve and I am optimistic about the direction MR will hopefully take the club.

Why do some have to be so negative. We start winning and so now the opposition wasn't good enough to mean anything - ridiculous!!

I actually think MR best work has actually been done off the field so far. After hearing some of Ball's comments after the game about it being a bit of a laugh under thorn yet with MR it's serious and it's all business amongst other comments.

Exactly the sort of thing that needs to change first and then we can get, the players heads right and they'll play better football or we can get the types of players MR wants but it's all going to take some time.

Good place to start tho!

Brighton Sky Blue

The Rev

Excellent post Rev, really bang on. I'd put your discontent more to living in Norfolk than anything to do with the City though ;)

Diehard Si

You'd better hope we don't win the next few games and play well, or you won't have anything to post about !

Steve.B50

The football seems to be going in the right direction and regardles of results I always enjoy my days out to some degree.
My concerns is what is happening behind the scenes, with SISU and the the Council. I will never trust our owners, I think things are going on and the football is taking our thoughts and emotioins off other issues.

Grendel

The performances of the team under Robins have been as bad if not worse than under thorn or shaw. The one difference is that luck is currently with Cov at the moment.

Luck plays a part in may football managers' fortunes. However to suggest this is the primary factor in the upturn in results is not justified.

Missing the point. Performances have been changed during the game to counteract the opposition. Ball's introduction and formation change is testament to that. Also McDonalds introduction at Oldham was made at the right time. Several instances under Thorn's management can be quoted where he was out thought by the opposing manager - his lasy game in charge being an obvious example. This is an important facet of succesful management. Relegation would have been avoided if we managed to stop leaking late goals - a proactive manager can influence that more than an inactive one.

As for playing two teams at the bottom one is now above Coventry and if they win the game in hand will be 12th. The "lucky" draw against a top team could have been a win if the first half chances had been converted or the penalty had been awarded.

Your memory is playing tricks on you.

Gaz

I believe that the performances have got better with Robins in charge and his subs have been spot on so far when made.

torchomatic

We won don't forget. That always makes a difference. Two wins and a draw in the week will also have some scratching their heads wondering what to moan about.

Is it just me or is everything quiet on the ccfc front now thorn has gone and we arent doing too badly.

Message boards and twitter seem a lot quieter!

Users who are viewing this thread