Quick question (1 Viewer)

Martin180

Allow me to be devils advocate for a moment .....

We have been discussing and debating other managers and their pros and cons endlessly for the last 48 hours

So how much balls did it take for Shaw and Carsley to pick "their " side tonight ? We all looked at the back four and were worried but they got it spot on

You cant go wrong employing two legends as a management team ,fans respect them and will give them time .

SISU please , please dont look outside what we already have

Paxman II

Yes they picked a back two that shook everyone at first as Edge had not yet had a game and we were playing King back here with all that's gone on. Then hell we were 1 down within minutes and I bet everyone thought the worse was about to happen?

Turned out to be genius almost. But I remember Thorn doing something similar, giving young Bigi his head for example?
Long way to go before any judgement. the players probably just relaxed more tonight as well after all that had gone on. No points wre at stake and expectanancy was not high.

Lets wait a see. having Shaw and carsely doing a good job down through the ranks is also very vital and an experieneced guy at the head of all that may ultimately be required.

Martin180

Maybe but how many other would have gone for the safer option tonight ? If we had got bummed this whole form would have been debating the selection of the team .We arent and kudos to them for that

psgm1

Banned
Good result tonight. Maybe S+C are the guys for the job, maybe they aren't. However they are in prime position. Personally unless they already had someone in mind, I would give them a few games to see how they go - after all lots of people were prepared to give Thorn until christmas with an appauling record! For once SISU have a chance to make a rational reasoned choice of new manager. What would be a disaster would be to make a knee jerk reaction and bring someone in immediately.

S+C shouldn't be given the job as default as Thorn was, they should earn it - and be given the opportunity to do so.

Give them the 10 games / christmas Thorn was stated should be given. Worst case - they perform as badly as Thorn.

We are in a no lose situation for once! SISU PLEASEdon't waste the opportunity!

FInally I'm pleased after a Cov city match this season!

Martin180

Totally agree , i think tonight gives us the feelgood factor and should carry us nicely into the next few games .

I dont think Powell is a great manager but he must command respect at Charlton , Shaw must carry the same respect so why not give him and Carsley a run at the job

hill83

Give them the 10 games / christmas Thorn was stated should be given. Worst case - they perform as badly as Thorn.

We are in a no lose situation for once! SISU PLEASEdon't waste the opportunity

Although I agree with the sentiment, and they should be given time, we are not in a 'no lose' situation. 10 poor games could spell the end of a promotion push and that would be a complete disaster.

Otis

Honeymoon period!

They could start off brilliantly, as many new managers do. Then where would we be after that?

As for the back 4, Wood was injured. That sort of dictated things and the duo probably thought it too much of a gamble to play both the Frenchmen together (Thorn alluded to the fact that they defend too deep at times) and therefore all they did was bring in Willis and move Brown over.

Good move of course but not genius.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread