Quick question re: Player Sales (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

So, if we were to get a bid for one of our players, say Chelski bid £10m for #jm10, who would be responsible for saying yes or no? As it's football related and TM and MV are supposed to be in charge of everything football related, would they be able to pull rank on any sale?

Or would Joy and Timbo have the say on someone going?

WM

If any club bids £10m for James Maddison then it'll be accepted. In fact I'd probably lower that to £7m. Let's not forget that despite his performances, he's played less than 30 games in League One.

ajsccfc

If someone offered £10m for any of our players, Mowbray would probably be after a nice slice of that pie to replace them but I can't imagine he'd do too much to talk anyone out of it.

Skyblueweeman

If any club bids £10m for James Maddison then it'll be accepted. In fact I'd probably lower that to £7m. Let's not forget that despite his performances, he's played less than 30 games in League One.

Maddison was an example...I'm not debating his worth after xx amount of league games. Keen to understand if there's a chain of command when we receive a transfer request from another club for one of our players.

Skyblueweeman

If someone offered £10m for any of our players, Mowbray would probably be after a nice slice of that pie to replace them but I can't imagine he'd do too much to talk anyone out of it.

So do you reckon there's some sort of cut off? Like, anything under a £1m (as an example), TM and MV can decide whether to say yes or no but anything over, it goes upstairs for Joy/Tim to say yes or no (although it would probably be yes in their case).

ajsccfc

I'd say so. At a guess there's probably a rough amount that can be offered where the situation changes from 'up to you' to 'we could really do a lot with that' without getting to the point where Mowbray has to sit back and watch the decision made for him.

Hopefully budget-wise we're at a point where sales aren't necessary or have to be forced, which could be a huge disruption.

wingy

Maddison was an example...I'm not debating his worth after xx amount of league games. Keen to understand if there's a chain of command when we receive a transfer request from another club for one of our players.
Not like another bid wouldn't come in the summer after promotion is it?
I get your point WM
Maybe Venus touched on it yesterday in the Observer interview, sounds like there has been zero interference from above.
TM's already given his advice/ views so I'd be surprised.
If he thought it could help guarantee promotion by wheeling and dealing and helped next season in the league above and a loan back was a condition, tempting.
From what I've read and what's been said I reckon he'll stick and ultimately It's TM's decision.

Skyblueweeman

Not like another bid wouldn't come in the summer after promotion is it?
I get your point WM
Maybe Venus touched on it yesterday in the Observer interview, sounds like there has been zero interference from above.
TM's already given his advice/ views so I'd be surprised.
If he thought it could help guarantee promotion by wheeling and dealing and helped next season in the league above and a loan back was a condition, tempting.
From what I've read and what's been said I reckon he'll stick and ultimately It's TM's decision.

That's what I was getting at Wingy...the interview in the Observer. I then wondered what would happen if we did get valuable bid for any of players...whether it be RCC, Maddison or A.N.Other. That's all.

Malaka

I don't think we would get anywhere near 10 mil for JM. Are there any players that have cost this that were not in the premier league? How many appearances has he made? I like him he has great potential but I cant see him fetching more than 3 mil and maybe some sell on's and further cash if he plays for England.

rupert_bear

I think the difference is Mark Venus probably along with Chris. Anderson will be doing the negotiations buying or selling not that cretin Waggott

vow

So, if we were to get a bid for one of our players, say Chelski bid £10m for #jm10, who would be responsible for saying yes or no? As it's football related and TM and MV are supposed to be in charge of everything football related, would they be able to pull rank on any sale?

WM
Great question WM, I'd love to think TM had the final say on all transfers, but sadly as was mentioned, it might be over a certain amount then the powers above would decide.

H

Huckerby

WM

A good question. Not sure why some people are debating the value of Maddison or whether it would be a good idea. Think the question is who makes the decision given that TM and MV are supposed to have control of the budget. And whether there is maybe some kind of formal rule/parameters.

I'd like to know. I know it's a bit of a ridiculous example but on football manager you have the say-so up to a certain point, and then if a silly offer comes in the board sort of undermine you and go ahead with it.

skybluetony176

I don't think we would get anywhere near 10 mil for JM. Are there any players that have cost this that were not in the premier league? How many appearances has he made? I like him he has great potential but I cant see him fetching more than 3 mil and maybe some sell on's and further cash if he plays for England.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain went to Arsenal from then league one Southampton for £12M rising to £15M. After one full season in league one IIRC. Was about Madders age at the time to.

Hadji10

Maddison has more ability in his little toe than Oxlade-Chamberlain.

In relation to the OP, they would all talk but ultimately Joy and Fisher would have the final say.

Irish Sky Blue

If the club are supposed to be in the position where it is self funding with no money going to or from Sisu, shouldn't the proceeds of any transfer go back into the club entirely as it is football generated. Waggot said at the start of the season that bigger crowds meant a bigger budget for TM, anything over the 11k mark was generating extra cash. If Sisu aren't going to cream off extra ticket revenue, or extra shirt sales for example, shouldn't they also leave the product of money received in transfers with TM as well?

wingy

If the club are supposed to be in the position where it is self funding with no money going to or from Sisu, shouldn't the proceeds of any transfer go back into the club entirely as it is football generated. Waggot said at the start of the season that bigger crowds meant a bigger budget for TM, anything over the 11k mark was generating extra cash. If Sisu aren't going to cream off extra ticket revenue, or extra shirt sales for example, shouldn't they also leave the product of money received in transfers with TM as well?
Whatever is negotiated now should be from a position of strength.

Paxman II

There won't be any bid for a player who has put in a handful of games regardless of his obvious potential. Even TM and her upstairs would be wise anyway on keeping such a prized asset and have him as a championship player and then worth more. Small wait to get whats coming and in this interim JM will help us get promoted which is another bonus for SISU so why would they sell?

Specs WT-R75

Here is my take. If the club insurance values Maddison at 2.5m and someone offers 2.5m then it will be down to Venus and Mowbray to decide as it is a footballing matter.

However, if Arsenal popped up with a 10m offer, then the decision would be taken out of their hands as a non-footballing matter... however you would like to hope in the event that this happened there would be substantial reinvestment...

Users who are viewing this thread