Quick Hang Grenade for you to catch (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Why does anyone think that SISU want the ground for other purposes? It would presumably cost them as much as it would cost any property developer, so the sell-on value would be minimal. Or have I missed something?

They wouldn't get the stadium outright CJ. They'd be looking to get running of it and would take responsibility for paying back the loan taken out to build the thing in the first place. It would keep the club as tenants but clearly the rent would be zero-little else would change.

torchomatic

How much did BR get for selling the space to Tesco? A cool £300K so it must be worth a bit.

What is the land itself worth . What did Tesco pay for the adjoining land.

What is the stadium itself worth.

dongonzalos

"I have no idea what happened after I left. I can show you the document where I did the deal with the Tesco chairman directly. We bought 88 acres from British Gas. I sold 30 of the 88 acres where it is now for pounds 66.5m which was the highest price Tesco had ever paid for an out of London site. And there were no fees so the club didn't pay anyone because I did it direct with Tesco, and that saved the club pounds 3m in fees.

CJparker

What does that prove? Sorry if I'm being thick here, but I don't understand.

My point is, once SISU have paid the market rate for the land around the Ricoh, how are they going to profit from it? Surely the land owner would sell it at the going rate to prevent a middleman (SISU) selling it on and then reaping a profit themselves which the landowner could have made by developing it himself. I'm struggling to see what SISU's value-add would be, unless of course they are looking to get their hands on the land at a ridiculously reduced price....

torchomatic

So a third of the land the club had was sold for £66.5M? I wonder what happened to all the cash?

"I have no idea what happened after I left. I can show you the document where I did the deal with the Tesco chairman directly. We bought 88 acres from British Gas. I sold 30 of the 88 acres where it is now for pounds 66.5m which was the highest price Tesco had ever paid for an out of London site. And there were no fees so the club didn't pay anyone because I did it direct with Tesco, and that saved the club pounds 3m in fees.

torchomatic

That's what I thought. Hence the co-ownership and all that stuff.

I thought the council stepped in with a lot of the funding (£15m?)

Astute

I thought the council stepped in with a lot of the funding (£15m?)

The cash from Tesco wasn't enough. The biggest problem I have is we put more cash in than the council but ended up with nothing.

torchomatic

A mystery which is definitely worse than relegation.

The cash from Tesco wasn't enough. The biggest problem I have is we put more cash in than the council but ended up with nothing.

torchomatic

With the irony that the Council could now squash us like a bug.

The biggest problem I have is we put more cash in than the council but ended up with nothing.

Astute

With the irony that the Council could now squash us like a bug.

Which is my biggest fear if they don't start serious talks with the council and whoever is involved. How long can we be allowed to play rent free for?

J

Jack Griffin

Everyone on here is in agreement that SISU's #1 priority is profit?

Ok, so far SISU are about 40m whatever in the red, if you disagree on the figure, the point is, they're in the red. They buy the stadium, but according to facts (shared by OSB) we'd still be losing 1-2m a year, so it is clear owning the stadium wouldn't end all our problems, it will only cut losses, but they're still in the red, where can SISU make big £€$¥ everybody? Where's the only place they can turn this investment around from losses, to profit? The prem, you get 40m just in TV money and say if we get promoted via playoffs, 90m in instalments. Guys, of course I could be wrong, but IMO, SISU are 'going for it' as they're cant afford to lose more money, that's why we're going to try and 4/4 in Jan, that's why we've back the 3 managers this year and brought in 16 odd players (too many to keep track of) and we've seemingly already replaced McG with Clarke and he hasn't gone anywhere yet, we've seen a complete turn around in policy because SISU are in last stand and getting desperate.

They only way for SISU to make a return on their investment is to reach the prem.

Such weak thinking, you are so wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread