Quick comparison (1 Viewer)

Jacko

Just a quick question I was wondering how u guys would compare this team to the team that we took to Old Trafford and won 2-0. personally I think this is the best city side we've seen in years.. We've got a lot of people writing us off this Saturday including people off this forum. I think if Spurs go into this game thinking there already through to the next round we could end up suprising a few people. Iv have seen bigger upsets!! PUSB's

Hincha

Man U played mainly reserves and kids that day. The City team that day included players who are now playing at a higher level. Our current team has players who to-date have not succeeded in the Championship and have had to drop a division to get a game. All our players who other teams thought were Premiership orChampionship players have left for the higher divisions. So no this team is not better that the team that won at Man U. That said, anything can happen in the cup. The odds are against us, but who knows?

Tonylinc

I really hope that I am wrong here but can see nothing other than a big defeat. I just hope that it does not dent our confidence too much for the rest of the season. Our priority must be the league. MR will no doubt drum this into the players.

Sick Boy

Just a quick question I was wondering how u guys would compare this team to the team that we took to Old Trafford and won 2-0. personally I think this is the best city side we've seen in years.. We've got a lot of people writing us off this Saturday including people off this forum. I think if Spurs go into this game thinking there already through to the next round we could end up suprising a few people. Iv have seen bigger upsets!! PUSB's

How is it one the best City sides in years?

stupot07

I really hope that I am wrong here but can see nothing other than a big defeat. I just hope that it does not dent our confidence too much for the rest of the season. Our priority must be the league. MR will no doubt drum this into the players.
I agree, our defensive is too leaky for my liking, we allow teams too many good chances but get away with it in this league. If we defend like we did on Saturday we will get hammered.

lordsummerisle

Man U played mainly reserves and kids that day. The City team that day included players who are now playing at a higher level. Our current team has players who to-date have not succeeded in the Championship and have had to drop a division to get a game. All our players who other teams thought were Premiership orChampionship players have left for the higher divisions. So no this team is not better that the team that won at Man U. That said, anything can happen in the cup. The odds are against us, but who knows?

Quite a bit of balls about the Man United game there.

The Man United team included Pique(only the one World Cup, two Euro Championships and a few titles and Champions League wins for him since with Barcelona), Carrick,Wes Brown,Nani, O'Shea, Eagles and Park.

Our team however was changed greatly from what was considered the first team in the previous league game, only one of which(Tabb) plays(infrequently) for one of the worse teams in the Prem, most of the rest lost to football ow, either retired or so low a level it doesn't register. Best, Turner. Mifsud, Simpson and Marshall weren't considerd first choice by any means before that game.

Man Utd: Kuszczak, Bardsley (Brown 45), Evans (Carrick 56), Pique, Simpson, Nani, Martin (Campbell 45), O'Shea, Eagles, Dong, Anderson.
Subs Not Used: Heaton, Eckersley.
Booked: Pique.
Coventry: Marshall, Osbourne (McNamee 88), Ward, Turner, Borrowdale, Simpson, Stephen Hughes, Doyle, Tabb, Mifsud, Best (Adebola 90).
Subs Not Used: Konstantopoulos, De Zeeuw, Thornton.
Goals: Mifsud 27, 70.
Att: 74,055

SuperCov

I didn't think we'd get anything out of the game until today. Subtly confident we'll get a draw or better.

Play up Sky Blues!!!

Users who are viewing this thread