Questionnaire for Coventry fans on the significance of football stadium names (1 Viewer)

Fraserja

Hi, I am Fraser, a third year student at the Manchester Metropolitan University carrying out my dissertation project on the significance of football stadium names within fan culture. It would be greatly appreciated if you could click on the link below to answer a questionnaire, it will only take a couple of minutes. Thanks ever so much for your help.

Coventry City Fan Stadium Questionnaire

BodicoteSkyBlue

Call me an old c@*t, but what are you actually studying for? Names of stadiums? Fuk off! We don’t have a stadium & don’t even dream about asking me that question when we lose.

BodicoteSkyBlue

I’m calm, & well aware we won today. It’s the dissertation part on the stadium names that irked me. Good luck to the lad in whatever field of expertise he finds himself in the future.

AStonesThrow

Certainly picked the wrong clubs fans to ask this question didn't he. Do your research first lad, otherwise you sound sarcastic and offensive

Johnnythespider

Certainly picked the wrong clubs fans to ask this question didn't he. Do your research first lad, otherwise you sound sarcastic and offensive
Have you looked at the questions.

Edit, at the end you get to say which stadium you prefer, Highfield rd or The Ricoh

clint van damme

Hi, I am Fraser, a third year student at the Manchester Metropolitan University carrying out my dissertation project on the significance of football stadium names within fan culture. It would be greatly appreciated if you could click on the link below to answer a questionnaire, it will only take a couple of minutes. Thanks ever so much for your help.

I generally fill out these surveys to try and help out students with their studies/dissertations but asking us the significance of stadium names is a bit like asking Madeline McCanns parents to rate the facilities in Praia da Luz so on this occasion I'm going to have to politely decline.

Brighton Sky Blue

Pro tip: social science data can be fabricated without verification

JWC

Height of laziness tbh. Throw out a few survey questions everywhere and anywhere, get some pointless answers, jump on the occasional colourful answer, get a certain level of pass, but not a great one.

Wow, give him a break! He came here asking a bit of help with his work. Who are you to tell him he’s being lazy?

He must think highly of cov fans now, well done.

Fraser - might be worth asking Livingston fans seeing as the play at the Tony Macaroni arena.

clint van damme

Wow, give him a break! He came here asking a bit of help with his work. Who are you to tell him he’s being lazy?

He must think highly of cov fans now, well done.

Fraser - might be worth asking Livingston fans seeing as the play at the Tony Macaroni arena.

or as it's known in Scotland, the spaghettihad.

Reactions: JWC

Brighton Sky Blue

Talking from experience there presumably? ;)

Indirectly. I did physical sciences and had to cite evidence of what room temperature in the lab was. My social science colleagues could make up interviews and quotes from ‘research’ without being checked

Fraserja

I would like to apologise for the upset caused. As a Middlesbrough fan, I have been to the Ricoh Arena twice before and I naturally associate Coventry City with it, given I was not old enough to experience Highfield Road. However, it is my fault for not doing my research properly about the club's current stadium situation. I will remove the thread and Coventry City from my dataset. Thanks to those who did complete the questionnaire. Congrats on the win today, enjoy your evening everyone.

clint van damme

I would like to apologise for the upset caused. As a Middlesbrough fan, I have been to the Ricoh Arena twice before and I naturally associate Coventry City with it, given I was not old enough to experience Highfield Road. However, it is my fault for not doing my research properly about the club's current stadium situation. I will remove the thread and Coventry City from my dataset. Thanks to those who did complete the questionnaire. Congrats on the win today, enjoy your evening everyone.

You've took it all a bit seriously!

lifeskyblue

Oh no...I filled out the questionnaire before I read your last post.
Hope your dissertation goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedies_Chips

I think most people on here have missed the point of the survey. It's about the significance of a Stadium name. It's seems people have confused this with ownership, and gone off on one on that basis.

chiefdave

Might be relevant to what you're doing. When the Ricoh was being built, and before it was sponsored, it was deliberately not given a name. It was referred to as Arena 2000.

The thought process was this would make the naming rights more valuable as people would immediately use the sponsored name.

Don't think I've ever heard anyone call it anything but the Ricoh since, even when it was officially the City of Coventry Stadium for the Olympics.

capel & collindridge

I submitted a blank questionnaire. I was waiting for a question that applied. I wanted to answer a question that wasn't there: "What would you like to call your stadium?"

And then I could have answered.................... OURS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread