question on HR (1 Viewer)

davebart

Does anyone know how many houses were built on the land previous occupied by highfield road stadium?

davebart

I've looked on Google and it is only half finished on there. It looks like some are flats and some are houses. I mean dwelling units ie both.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

fernandopartridge

The original planning app for the demolition of Highfield Rd and outline permission for a residential housing estate, made by a certain Bryan Richardson...

http://planning.coventry.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=550923

This is some interesting background, some mention of alternative sites to the Ricoh, being the Coventry Business Park (Baginton?) and Parkside.

Parkside would have been superb although it was thought the access wasn't good enough.

Gynnsthetonic

Parkside would of been the best option i remember when Cov Rugby club were trying to build a stadium there, also Humber Rd on the old Stoke plant would of been a good option. Who`s idea was for the Ricoh to be a bowl shaped design should of been two-tiered then we could have the option of closing the upper tiers.

Users who are viewing this thread