Question for you! (1 Viewer)

moleyskyblue

Listening to sports talk yesterday and they were on about during a game when a outfield had to go into goal because of an injured goalie and no replacement, correct me if im wrong but didn't dave speedie go into goal once, cant remember who we were playing and cant think of any time it happened again.

ccfcway

yes he did, it was against Millwall. If i remember he did really well until a last min goal. Think it was 4-1 in the end. Oggy was injured

Marty

it was 0-0 against Stoke City. Ian Bennett sent off after 20 mins or so.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

If I remember when Speedie went into the net, we were top of the league (the only time I remember seeing us on top), Millwall I think replaced us at the top and finally got relegated that season.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Just looked at "Jim Browns - Coventry City The Elite Era"

It took 106 years to get to the top and 44 seconds to slide off the summit. That's how long it took for Sheringham to score his first. City are a shambles in the first half and injured Oggy is replaced in goal by Speedie at half-time. City improve and Speedie holds out until near the end.

wingy

We won the game with stephen hughes in goal and he made a blinding save near the end.

Yes a certain Mr Singh refereed that one
it was league or two above his natural level
and it showed with Bennets handling outside the box
Seem to remember we had him a few times and he didn't impRove,a match against Crewe IIRC sticks in the mind
Maybe he had family from up that way:-/

Nonleagueherewecome

Seem to remember we had him a few times and he didn't impRove,a match against Crewe IIRC sticks in the mind

Ah, I remember him. He was rubbish,and clearly very out of his depth, but my main memory is of just feeling really awkward at my mate banging on about "positive discrimination" in a manner that just needed the phrase "I'm not a racist, but..." to complete it. The thing is, he's normally really liberal-minded and hates things like UKIP, but then again, he is really old...

Bob Latchford

I was there that day.Speedo did well in goal. I was off the drink for lent , some poxy guttering letting the water lash down on us, got a lift back in a poxy old van with Fred 'The Hatter' full of rust and holes was bloody freezing, his mate got a bollocking off a copper for wearing a half cov half millwall hat, we lost, played cack... old den= Dump !

Grendel

I have a recollection of bobby McDonald going in goal against west ham?

Sick Boy

Bennett should have been sent off that game and if you are referring to the crewe game I think you're on about we would have beaten them on any other day.

Users who are viewing this thread