Question for those going to Sixfields (1 Viewer)

skybluepete1987

For those going to Sixfields I am presuming that you all want the club to come back to Coventry or its close surrounds and are therefore willing to back the move to Sixfields because you honestly view it as temporary. Given that there is a huge amount of work for the club to do even before they lay a single brick on the new stadium, I wondered when those who view it as temporary begin to turn, either because 'temporary' is turning into a long time (over five years) or if the club begin to build an infrastructure in Northampton (training there occasionally, working in the community etc). So would you reconsider your attendance in, say, three years if the stadium isn't showing signs of development?

Just curious as to how far ahead those going to Northampton have thought about this and whether their opinion would change.

Ian Coventry

Well pete that's a big question asking what one would be prepared to do in 3 years. In all honesty I have hairies not crystals. So the best way forward is live for today if you want to go and support the team go to sixfields , if you are adamant nopm stay at home. Thing is if you stay at home and your one of those that only watch home games , in two seasons you'll have lost the habit of going to matches you'll be doing other things like going shopping and spending more time with the family you won't be back . Potentially we could lose an awful lot of good supporters for good.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Well pete that's a big question asking what one would be prepared to do in 3 years. In all honesty I have hairies not crystals. So the best way forward is live for today if you want to go and support the team go to sixfields , if you are adamant nopm stay at home. Thing is if you stay at home and your one of those that only watch home games , in two seasons you'll have lost the habit of going to matches you'll be doing other things like going shopping and spending more time with the family you won't be back . Potentially we could lose an awful lot of good supporters for good.

I think that that is quite true and is one of the (many) reasons why the move to Northampton was and remains a nonsensical business decision.

(Unless of course SISU are gambling everything on trying to get the Ricoh on the cheap)

Delboycov

Imagine how many we will have lost after 5 years which is the more likely scenario given the timetable put forward.......If we're still there or outside Coventry then it certainly will not be my club anymore and if they've still got any Coventry born fans after that then they clearly support the club for a different reason to me.

Plymouth Sky Blue

Sad thing is it's not just the fans staying away now, it's their kids and grand kids that'll be lost to the club, it'll haunt them for years to come!!! The sooner we're back in Coventry the better. How Fisher and Co. can't see that is beyond me!!!

Sky Blue Pete

Absolutely true!

Don't see how putting acl out of business gets Ricoh on the cheap. The owners are the council and Alan Higgs charity.

Osb58 gave a reasonable answer how but I really do think CCc hold all the cards. It is within their power and remit to ensure CCfc can move back it all depends how much they want it IMHO

ricohroar

Even if ever single supporter wanted to go theres only room for 6000 odd, so that means for 3-5 seasons the other 6000-20,000 going to lose the habbit any way...

Absolutely true!

Don't see how putting acl out of business gets Ricoh on the cheap. The owners are the council and Alan Higgs charity.

Osb58 gave a reasonable answer how but I really do think CCc hold all the cards. It is within their power and remit to ensure CCfc can move back it all depends how much they want it IMHO

CCC and Higgs are simply the major investors. Putting ACL into administration by refusing to pay the rent would lead to the investment that CCC and The Higgs Charity put into the Arena would be lost. The Administrator would then look for a buyer who would probably only look at revenue streams as a means of assessing value. Without a football team that would be seriously reduced. So that would put off potential bidders. SISU have a football team but would only need to beat the best of a series of low offers.

sisu go home

It's a good question because I've wondered this myself. I know that ultimately Coventry should play here, whether it's the Ricoh or some shed that's been built on Hearsall Common, so if the long term plan doesn't include that then I could start to lose interest in this being my supposed home club. I would go to Sixfields in the meantime, because although I respect those taking part in the NOPM campaign, I am personally not convinced it's going to work and don't want to bring the whole club down, but ultimately Sisu have shat on us from a great height and need to start compensating immediately - and I will be patient and give them chance to do that if it means us being in Coventry and the club/stadium going hand in hand. However, yes, I guess my generous offer is subject to expiration date.

Users who are viewing this thread