Quarter of the season gone. (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I just cannot see where the next 3 points is coming from. As said in the match thread, we're slowly drowning and getting cut adrift from those above us. 12 games in that's massive alarm bells surely?

Dec/Jan is massive for us. If we lose a lot of those games yes we're in massive trouble. Win quite a few of them (which I still believe we can do - last night MR arguably played into Brum's hands making sure we were tight at the back rather than letting our attacking instincts to the fore and I think we lost more than we gained from the switch) and we're more than capable of staying up.

I expect MR to continue with this new system as we kept a clean sheet and two up top saw us under pressure, and i don't mind that so much against the stronger teams. But against 'smaller' teams we have to back ourselves to compete and score. Hopefully when Godden returns he'll be eager to try Godden and Walker together.

MR usually stumbles upon a system that works for us - hopefully he'll do it again.

Adge

That won’t be happening as we don’t have any money
You said on another thread that Robins has/had been backed. So you now don’t think he will be “backed” in January as we don’t have any money? 🤔
What’s changed?

SlowerThanPlatt

You said on another thread that Robins has/had been backed. So you now don’t think he will be “backed” in January as we don’t have any money? 🤔
What’s changed?
Because we have no one to sell or no sell on fees to benefit from

cc84cov

What’s changed?
He’s kept some back for Jan is my guess and he’s gonna need it

KenilworthSkyBlue

We’ve just had Wilson’s money

A proportion of the Wilson money was likely used to pay the first instalment of Walker's transfer fee.

The rest of which has probably been put aside to mitigate the fallout of no fans coming back this season.

Therefore, Robins isn't likely to see a penny of that in January.

steve cooper

A quarter of the season gone, and 9 points, that average equates to 36 points for the full season, and we have played a lot of the hardest teams once. We need to better the first quarter by 1 win in each of the 3 remaining quarters and a couple of extra draws. that would get us close to the 50 point target, which I think will be more than enough this season.
No need to worry yet.

Brighton Sky Blue

A quarter of the season gone, and 9 points, that average equates to 36 points for the full season, and we have played a lot of the hardest teams once. We need to better the first quarter by 1 win in each of the 3 remaining quarters and maybe a couple of extra draws. that would give us 50 points, which I think will be more than enough this season.
No need to worry yet.

5 points needed every 5.

Block 4: 4 points

Forest (L)
Watford (D)
Cardiff (L)
Norwich (L)
Brentford (W)

Block 5: 7 points

Swansea (L)
Blackburn (D)
Boro (L)
Derby (W)
Rotherham (W)

Block 6: 4 points

Luton (L)
Wycombe (D)
QPR (L)
Bristol (W)
Bournemouth (L)

Block 7

Barnsley (W)
Stoke (W)

PNE
Huddersfield
Millwall

Last edited:

steve cooper

6 points needed every 5, including last night.

Block 1

Brum (D)
Cardiff
Norwich
Derby
Rotherham

Block 2

Luton
Wycombe
Huddersfield
Sheff Weds
Stoke

Block 3

PNE
Millwall
Sheff Weds
Reading
Forest

Block 4

Brum
Watford
Cardiff
Norwich
Brentford

Block 5

Swansea
Blackburn
Boro
Derby
Rotherham

Block 6

Luton
Wycombe
QPR
Bristol
Bournemouth

Block 7

Barnsley
Stoke
PNE
Huddersfield
Millwall
Each of those blocks have at least 2 teams currently in the bottom half.

Brighton Sky Blue

Each of those blocks have at least 2 teams currently in the bottom half.

Out of them only Block 4 do I think 6 points is unrealistic. I'd have said the same about Block 1 but we approached it wrong last night, Derby and Rotherham still there though

Sick Boy

...and to think some posters were actually claiming that some of our players were worth 10s of millions....

steve cooper

6 points needed every 5, including last night.

Block 1

Brum (D)
Cardiff (W)
Norwich (D)
Derby
(D)
Rotherham

Block 2

Luton
Wycombe
Huddersfield
Sheff Weds
Stoke

Block 3

PNE
Millwall
Sheff Weds
Reading
Forest

Block 4

Brum
Watford
Cardiff
Norwich
Brentford

Block 5

Swansea
Blackburn
Boro
Derby
Rotherham

Block 6

Luton
Wycombe
QPR
Bristol
Bournemouth

Block 7

Barnsley
Stoke
PNE
Huddersfield
Millwall
The object is survival, this season it doesn't matter how we do it, we can save our fancy football for next season.
This thread should be a sticky, it shows us exactly where we are at any point.
At the moment we are on target.

Brighton Sky Blue

The object is survival, this season it doesn't matter how we do it, we can save our fancy football for next season.
This thread should be a sticky, it shows us exactly where we are at any point.
At the moment we are on target.

I bookmarked the post so I can keep track of it in that way. As above there’s only one block where I doubt we will manage 6 but that does mean we need to overperform in some of the others.

87 n all that

We need to start winning on our travels soon. 1/3rd of the season gone and I know it was the same last season but we’re at the arse end of a much fought league.

Brighton Sky Blue

6 points needed every 5.

Block 1: 9 points

Brum (D)
Cardiff (W)
Norwich (D)
Derby
(D)
Rotherham (W)

Block 2: 6 points

Luton (D)
Wycombe (W)
Huddersfield (D)
Sheff Weds (L)
Stoke (D)

Block 3

PNE
Millwall
Sheff Weds
Reading
Forest

Block 4

Brum
Watford
Cardiff
Norwich
Brentford

Block 5

Swansea
Blackburn
Boro
Derby
Rotherham

Block 6

Luton
Wycombe
QPR
Bristol
Bournemouth

Block 7

Barnsley
Stoke
PNE
Huddersfield
Millwall

First two blocks down, 3 points ahead of target still.

Barnsley

Some pretty sick form for yourselves lately

Still need to be more clinical, got to find a way to compete in games with the top six teams too, we approach every game the same, but the top teams have the quality to combat that approach, if we can find a way to compete better against the top teams we’re a playoff challenging side.

The transfer windows massive for us this season, we’ve been linked with some decent looking players, but we’ve got to keep this squad together first and foremost.

Brighton Sky Blue

Still need to be more clinical, got to find a way to compete in games with the top six teams too, we approach every game the same, but the top teams have the quality to combat that approach, if we can find a way to compete better against the top teams we’re a playoff challenging side.

The transfer windows massive for us this season, we’ve been linked with some decent looking players, but we’ve got to keep this squad together first and foremost.

Guess that's true of most teams though but taking nothing away it's nice seeing that style rewarded.

Hobo

What are we thinking?

12 games is enough to see the lay of the land

For me its not enough. We're not good enough with both defence and attack at one time. If we play our natural game we sacrifice a goal or 3.

We play tighter were about as potent as an 80 year old mans sperm count.

I think we will drop, and will be confirmed a while before the final game. Had such high hopes before the first day.

Not sure what your expectation was? I agree with your basic observations but surely it was always going to be that way. A couple of seasons ago we were in League 2. Stoke were recently in the Prem.

We are doing okay on limited resources, it is tough but it was always going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread