QPRU23 v Coventry U23 (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Tavares sounds like a really good prospect.
Be good if we can get him out on loan to a league one/two team in January

This is what I dont get, youve got the church of Bright banging on about their hero but surely this lad is the attacker in the u23s making a name for himself?
Totally agree about the loan move, be good to see how he gets on in a more competitive environment.

steve101

Great to hear Kelly getting 90 minutes and scoring a brace. Depth in central midfield and upfront now. Unfortunate for Tavares that there are 4 in front of him. With Cashman doing well on loan, the future is promising. I hope Reid can progress enough to be a good understudy for Maatsen too.

covcity4life

This is what I dont get, youve got the church of Bright banging on about their hero but surely this lad is the attacker in the u23s making a name for himself?
Totally agree about the loan move, be good to see how he gets on in a more competitive environment.
Mate seriously shut up ur so boring. There is no church of bright. But there are people like you just bringing him up 247 saying stuff like hmmmm I just have a bad feeling bout him and I don't like him"

Leave it to the manager

better days

Great to hear Kelly getting 90 minutes and scoring a brace. Depth in central midfield and upfront now. Unfortunate for Tavares that there are 4 in front of him. With Cashman doing well on loan, the future is promising. I hope Reid can progress enough to be a good understudy for Maatsen too.
Reid is tenacious but needs to become more comfortable on the ball

SlowerThanPlatt

Mate seriously shut up ur so boring. There is no church of bright. But there are people like you just bringing him up 247 saying stuff like hmmmm I just have a bad feeling bout him and I don't like him"

Leave it to the manager

The same manager who has said he “needs to see a little bit more” aka apply himself more?

clint van damme

Leave it to the manager

What a stupid post. If all we did was leave it to the manager there'd be no discussion on here at all.

covcity4life

The same manager who has said he “needs to see a little bit more” aka apply himself more?
Yeah so let's wait and see when he sees fit. No point bringing tavares up in opposition to him. Both our playersif there were posters saying bright must start I could understand it but there only seems to be those who want him to get fit and apply himself so that we can utilise him

Heck I was happy when we signed him and stood up for him but u don't see me arguing in his favour on these idiotic threads. Because I am level headed. Everyone else should be too

usskyblue

What a stupid post. If all we did was leave it to the manager there'd be no discussion on here at all.

Discussion

quotation-marks-air-quotes.gif

steve101

He will go the National League or League 2 I think
I would think he would be loaned out to league 2 at least, given he has played some games at that level already. I get that non league would help adapt to the physical side but you would get that in league 2 also. I think there might also be interest from league 1 or Scotland.

SlowerThanPlatt

I would think he would be loaned out to league 2 at least, given he has played some games at that level already. I get that non league would help adapt to the physical side but you would get that in league 2 also. I think there might also be interest from league 1 or Scotland.

League 1 he played in but majority of his appearances were as a late sub. Before the season was curtailed Rochdale had him at Curzon Ashton (6th tier)

torchomatic

Yeah, it's strange. Tavares was in the Rochdale first team, yet he only plays in the U23s. We sign Cashman and loan him straight out to Rochdale. We should have sent Tav back there too.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yeah, it's strange. Tavares was in the Rochdale first team, yet he only plays in the U23s. We sign Cashman and loan him straight out to Rochdale. We should have sent Tav back there too.

They hardly used him tbf and some of their fans were happy they got a fee for him. Suppose it’s like us selling someone like Harries back in the day

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Yes and he started 1 of them, we want him to go somewhere to start not 5 or 10 minutes a week? He played League 1 for Rochdale but they sent him to the sixth tier?
That was the 18/19 season he went sixth tier werent it, of which helped him break through to the bench, and still he has developed for us and played well in games for the U23’s against men’s teams, he looks a good player so I wouldnt be surprised to see him get a decent L1 club or a L2 club which are going for the title

mark82

League 2 or National League would be a good level for him. It's about getting men's football as much as it's about playing at a certain level. Unless we have injuries he's not going to threaten the first team here this year.

mark82

It's not that strange. It depends on the player and what the club think is best for their development. With Cashman that was going out and playing, with Tavares there may have been things we wanted our coaches to work with him on.

procdoc

It's not that strange. It depends on the player and what the club think is best for their development. With Cashman that was going out and playing, with Tavares there may have been things we wanted our coaches to work with him on.
Also it depends on the speed the player is developing at. Cashman was more ready for regular league football, he came from a premier league set up whereas without meaning to sound disrespectful Tavares came from Rochdale. The standard of training at Brighton compared to Rochdale I guess is night and day

Brighton Sky Blue

Also it depends on the speed the player is developing at. Cashman was more ready for regular league football, he came from a premier league set up whereas without meaning to sound disrespectful Tavares came from Rochdale. The standard of training at Brighton compared to Rochdale I guess is night and day

I do work the players hard to be fair. Had Cashman in detention a lot for not revising his French vocab too many times to count

Frostie

This is absolutely right. There isn't a one size fits all development plan for all players, even of similar ages, positions etc. they all develop in different ways & at different rates.

I know for example we could have loaned Billson out last season but chose to keep him here instead as we wanted to work on his distribution & playing out with our particular style of play etc. Having done that we now feel the loan is more beneficial.

Similar with Bapaga really, we know what he can do in terms of technical ability but he now needs a physical test & also to challenge his footballing intelligence in real competitive, men's football where if he can't be arsed to track back defensively etc. it won't be shrugged off as "simply an U23s game" instead, without being too hyperbolic, he could cost a manager his job. He'll learn a lot in that environment.

Tavares is making great strides but I know there are still things to work on in his tactical awareness & his physicality. Personally I'd expect us to look for a L2 loan or similar in January to assist with that but we'll see.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Like Bulking up a bit, they are probably working on his physicality and his finishing and once he has filled out a bit he will get the loan move

Users who are viewing this thread