QPR Ratings (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Didn't say it was, and from what I hear, Reid is a decent young talent. He hasn't used his money well though, in all honesty.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Disagree, I think Hamer and Walker and O’Hare are all good signings. Reid was clearly only brought in in Jan because Giles asked to leave at the last minute, the original plan was for him to stay in Scotland until the summer.

There was no transfer budget for immediate signings in Jan. that’s why we didn’t make any.

TomRad85

Disagree, I think Hamer and Walker and O’Hare are all good signings. Reid was clearly only brought in in Jan because Giles asked to leave at the last minute, the original plan was for him to stay in Scotland until the summer.

There was no transfer budget for immediate signings in Jan. that’s why we didn’t make any.
Well, I'd say Walker was a decent signing too but its a bit unclear because the fucker barely uses him.

TomRad85

It’s like he’s still struggling with team selections
Well that's exactly the problem. I was being a little unfair with the money, I agree with shmmeee that Hamer and O'Hare are good signings... but I look at some of the dodgy foreign imports and think, I'd rather have just rolled the wages into one and got one half decent player... same for Jan, could we have saved the James money, added it to the Gyo money and got in a better loan striker? I would say probably yes.

cc84cov

Well that's exactly the problem. I was being a little unfair with the money, I agree with shmmeee that Hamer and O'Hare are good signings... but I look at some of the dodgy foreign imports and think, I'd rather have just rolled the wages into one and got one half decent player... same for Jan, could we have saved the James money, added it to the Gyo money and got in a better loan striker? I would say probably yes.

The foreign signings have been trash,Hamer we paid good money for so it’s expected he would of been ok,even he looks burnt out & in need of a rest.He signed James to fill in for Kelly as he clearly didn’t trust another of his signings in sheaf

covhead1

It seems to me that a lot think we shouldn't sack Robins because of what he's done for us in the PAST!
I get it, but......
Football is not about sentiment
He clearly is not a championship manager. Most of his good work could all be undone very soon.

Sick Boy

If you think loanees other Champ teams got rid of and an 18 year old kid is evidence of a massive transfer war chest I don’t know what to say.

Our star signing was one Barnsley binned off FFS.
A massive transfer war chest is quite some jump from fees being available.

shmmeee

James’ wages are likely going to be pretty significant.

That’s the rumour. Though who knows. We didn’t have cash to spend to bring in permanent first teamers that’s for sure. Who knows what deal we got with James after he’d been dropped by Barnsley seemingly out the blue. I’d imagine a club is keener to let a player out if they’re dropped in Jan but maybe the other way around.

shmmeee

A massive transfer war chest is quite some jump from fees being available.

What fees? A couple of hundred grand spread over who knows what with who know what clauses for a kid in Scotland?

Look at what teams like Birmingham spent.

cc84cov

It seems to me that a lot think we shouldn't sack Robins because of what he's done for us in the PAST!
I get it, but......
Football is not about sentiment
He clearly is not a championship manager. Most of his good work could all be undone very soon.
If a bigger offer came he he would jump just like he did when Huddersfield came in

shmmeee

I doubt the loan signings are playing for free.

But then we’re into the question of what would other loan signings have cost? Most seem to be at least as much as James and often with a hefty loan fee.

Which loanee went to a club of our budget and status who would’ve improved us and cost the same or less than James?

Evo1883

And when we talk about budgets , QPR went out and signed Charlie Austin for 30k a week alone in January. If city had that kind of money do you think they'd sign gyokores

cc84cov

And when we talk about budgets , QPR went out and signed Charlie Austin for 30k a week alone in January. If city had that kind of money do you think they'd sign gyokores
30k over 18 weeks contract - £540,000 cheap if he kept them up compared to the money lost going down

Evo1883

30k over 18 weeks contract - £540,000 cheap if he kept them up compared to the money lost going down

I mean it's cheap to QPR yes ... he'd be taking up 10% plus of our entire wage bill pretty much

Sick Boy

Plenty on here were claiming it was a waste of money on their behalf and his legs were gone, he didn't look bad yesterday.

Evo1883

Plenty on here were claiming it was a waste of money on their behalf and his legs were gone, he didn't look bad yesterday.
He's scored 5 in 10 games .
Links play well ..holds up well ..just a good player for this league tbh

cc84cov

I mean it's cheap to QPR yes ... he'd be taking up 10% plus of our entire wage bill pretty much
It’s cheap for us compared to the £3-4m just in tv money we lose by going down sometimes you’ve gotta take a gamble mate we didn’t

Magwitch1

What I am getting at is a reasonable increase in our wage budget until the end of the season maybe we could have recruited two or three loans who could have come into the team straight away and given Robins different options as I said we at the time we had five or six out with longish injuries. I know we had loans but Giles went back so I think there were a couple of spots and maybe could have recruited a better striker than Gyokeres who has hardly featured.

Sick Boy

What I am getting at is a reasonable increase in our wage budget until the end of the season maybe we could have recruited two or three loans who could have come into the team straight away and given Robins different options as I said we at the time we had five or six out with longish injuries. I know we had loans but Giles went back so I think there were a couple of spots and maybe could have recruited a better striker than Gyokeres who has hardly featured.
I don't understand why he was brought in and then benched behind Biamou, he looked pretty decent yesterday.

Magwitch1

, member: 7943"]
[/QUOTE]
And occupies defences, causing time and space for others without question QRR have improved immensely since he joined them, is he permenant or a loan ?

Evo1883

, member: 7943"]
And occupies defences, causing time and space for others without question QRR have improved immensely since he joined them, is he permenant or a loan ?
[/QUOTE]
Don't know but I thought QPR looked a bloody good side first half Irrespective of our fragility

the rumpo kid

Can't believe some people are giving da Costa 2- 3- and Evan a 4? The guy shouldn't be near one of our shirts let alone be playing for us ,Evan the qpr commentators where laughing at him.

Frostie

I've been trying to work that out.

The QPR commentator apparently

giphy.gif

covhead1

Can't believe some people are giving da Costa 2- 3- and Evan a 4? The guy shouldn't be near one of our shirts let alone be playing for us ,Evan the qpr commentators where laughing at him.
Don't know who Evan is but I should think the QPR commentators were laughing at all our players.

Legia Sky Blue

The reason Giles wanted to leave was because including him we had 6 loans and with only 5 allowed in the match day squad he found himself left out. Without dropping any of our other loanees, once we signed James & Gyokeres there was no more space for any other loan signings.

Users who are viewing this thread