QF Draw (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Wolves fans are convinced it will be Sunday 12pm.

Fucking grim. Don't even think the first train goes into Birmingham until about 9am on Sundays.

Remember going over there for an early kick off on a Sunday the first year we were relegated, January 2002 possibly on my birthday. We were abysmal and lost 2 or 3 nil. I think it was televised by ITV Digital.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

He was being touted as the new Bobby Moore for his reading of the game but his lack of pace was really exposed in this match.
Bobby and another player I can't remember lived next door to my friend . I remember going round once and they were in friends house.Im sure one if them had a leg in plaster at the time.

I don't expect us to gain revenge on 1973 game but that game was a huge let down. I didn't go but really disappointed. Then again to win any FA cup game in those days was so hard as teams really , really tried as did the fans.

Last edited:

Malaka

Remember it well. All the excitement and anticipation on way from cov and especially the walk to the ground…the poor performance…and the silence on the way back. I’m not sure my dad said a word on the journey home.
I cried that day and hated Wolves ever since

Otis

I cried that day and hated Wolves ever since
Same for many I think and then I had a really horrible supervisor, who was a Wolves fan and had to work with him for eleventy billion years.

Dave, the Poison Dwarf. Grrrr.

He made me dislike them even more.

For anyone who watched the City in the 60's and 70's and dare say, even the early 80's, our rivals were Wolves and Leicester. Hardly a mention of Villa.

bigfatronssba

This must be our first away (non replay) QF game since 87?

blunted

He should have took Richards legs, he was just too nice.
Agreed I was there that day when Parker had a mare. What a disappointment. However, I was in the North Bank when Ray Pointer scored in a 1-0 win and in the opposite end when we kicked off our promotion charge from L1 with a 3-1 win. That was a brilliant game. They were our biggest rivals then.

Adge

Same for many I think and then I had a really horrible supervisor, who was a Wolves fan and had to work with him for eleventy billion years.

For anyone who watched the City in the 60's and 70's and dare say, even the early 80's, our rivals were Wolves and Leicester. Hardly a mention of Villa.
It was Sillett who stoked up that fire and created a faux rivalry due to the fact we hadn’t beaten them in so long. Fair play to him for breaking the hoodoo.

ceetee

I signed up to have the fixtures imported to my calendar, and it automatically changes when the fixtures change. The Hull fixture disappeared and has since been replaced by the QF, 3:00pm Saturday.

covcity4life

I signed up to have the fixtures imported to my calendar, and it automatically changes when the fixtures change. The Hull fixture disappeared and has since been replaced by the QF, 3:00pm Saturday.
All of them are slates for 3pm currently

All of them will change is assume for tv

skybluericoh

I think villa had been relegated, seem to remember them coming back to the 1st in the mid seventies then it was a hate at first sight kinda relationship

SBbucks

They picked them a week or so ago. Leicester v Southampton was listed for Friday 8pm. Perhaps they will select a different fixture now so could still be Baggies.

Don’t be daft, they are not going to change the Leicester v Southampton game when it’s only recently been announced for Sky on the Friday night.
And it’s equally unlikely the EFL will move the WBA or Birmingham games to accommodate an FA cup game. Our game will fit around those, probably on the Sunday lunchtime as has already been said.

SBbucks

Well that’s guaranteed to be wrong, it sure as hell isn’t going to be 3pm!

Skyblueweeman

Safe to say O'Neil has already booked his Wembley hotel

Fun Fact - The first ever piece of business I got paid for when I set my business up in Jul 2020, was for Gary O'Neil. When have a mutual friend and when was U23s coach at Liverpool, I sorted accommodation out for him for a few days a week as he was travelling up from where he lived.

wingy

Useless bit of information too.
First professional contract I undertook as a self employed break out in the early 70's was the lunn poly shop in Nuneaton!

iflynno

Don’t be daft, they are not going to change the Leicester v Southampton game when it’s only recently been announced for Sky on the Friday night.
And it’s equally unlikely the EFL will move the WBA or Birmingham games to accommodate an FA cup game. Our game will fit around those, probably on the Sunday lunchtime as has already been said.

SB.

Leicester are in the FA Cup QF so won't be playing Southampton on the Friday night anymore hence something else will surely be picked by Sky instead.

Wolves were already listed to play at home v Bournemouth at 3pm Saturday 16th so WBA/Bham games wont be getting moved unless one is picked by Sky to replace the friday game.

Skybluecol

Correct it is "up to 15%" or no more than 9000.

We should get the whole of the lower Steve Bull Stand (2750) and a upper section of the Stan Cullis Stand (1500) = 4250
Spot on

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240301_115901_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240301_115901_Samsung Internet.jpg
    623.6 KB · Views: 34

SBbucks

SB.

Leicester are in the FA Cup QF so won't be playing Southampton on the Friday night anymore hence something else will surely be picked by Sky instead.

Wolves were already listed to play at home v Bournemouth at 3pm Saturday 16th so WBA/Bham games wont be getting moved unless one is picked by Sky to replace the friday game.

Apologies, my mistake. I suspect at this notice then there won’t be a Sky game on the Friday night.

Users who are viewing this thread