QF Draw (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

I remember this quarter final fixture in 1973 . Went with my old man. We filled South Bank. Great atmosphere .
Oh...we lost 2-0

Remember it well. All the excitement and anticipation on way from cov and especially the walk to the ground…the poor performance…and the silence on the way back. I’m not sure my dad said a word on the journey home.

Irish Sky Blue

Okay perhaps I'm exaggerating, I was only 13. That end was massive and we took shit loads.
I seem to remember it was about 17k City fans there for that match. However I’ve just watched YouTube clips of that game and there were plenty of Wolves fans in the Southbank celebrating John Richard’s goal. We had such a good team that year I was sure we were going to win The Cup.

ccfcricoh

They were both due to play at home on 16th anyway, so not sure how much of a problem us going will be...

imagine we'll find out tomorrow, and tickets next week

edgy

Sky haven't selected their EFL games yet for that Friday yet. Let's hope they pick the Baggies and move it.

CBS16

We'll be bang up for it, could really do with Ben Sheaf back and no further injuries. Hopefully the rumoured change shape coming in the next few weeks without Sakamoto will have started to click, in all honesty 3 CBs makes mors sense against these. Be one of the most memorable away trips ever if we pull off a win! Is it now back to normal with replays for this round?

SeaSeeEffCee

Ours is the least interesting tie of the round for neutrals so I imagine we’ll be shoved on at 12 or 12:30 on the Sunday.

skybluejane

We'll be bang up for it, could really do with Ben Sheaf back and no further injuries. Hopefully the rumoured change shape coming in the next few weeks without Sakamoto will have started to click, in all honesty 3 CBs makes mors sense against these. Be one of the most memorable away trips ever if we pull off a win! Is it now back to normal with replays for this round?
No replays.

Torquay Sky Blue

Don't remember much about the 73 game but I do remember Derek Dougan being hit in the face by the ball in pre match warm up and bizarrely having to go off for treatment. Also, a pissed up Cov fan getting arrested and about 7 coppers carrying him towards the tunnel. And very strangely the fans of both sides singing Power to all our Friends (Cliff Richard) when it was played before the game.
And the coolest bit Wolves fans sang along to The Liquidator as they still do

iflynno

Sky haven't selected their EFL games yet for that Friday yet. Let's hope they pick the Baggies and move it.
They picked them a week or so ago. Leicester v Southampton was listed for Friday 8pm. Perhaps they will select a different fixture now so could still be Baggies.

edgy

They picked them a week or so ago. Leicester v Southampton was listed for Friday 8pm. Perhaps they will select a different fixture now so could still be Baggies.
Let's hope Sky act quickly and beat the Coppers and Safety Groups to the decision.

Bugsy

pusbccfc

Wolves fans are convinced it will be Sunday 12pm.

Fucking grim. Don't even think the first train goes into Birmingham until about 9am on Sundays.

Users who are viewing this thread