QF Draw (2 Viewers)

The Great Eastern

We lost 2 nil to Wolves away in 73 QF. Massive following that day. Time for revenge!
Couldn't remember which year that was but I was there in the middle of the South Bank. All went OTT with the Old Bill at the back of the terrace before the game started. Bits of 4x2 were broken off the ironwork by our firm and then grabbed by the coppers and swung around with gay abandon. Ohhh...'the good old days'..... NOT

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It'd have been a decent draw at home.

Away going to be more difficult, though at least it's local.

If we play well and they're not quite on their game we've got a chance.

SkyBlueMatt

What points bracket did the Leicester game get to at the start of the season?

What are we thinking for the QF? Make it to 800?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

napolimp

If we can't beat a Premier league team on the way ro Wembley, we don't deserve to be in the semis.

Great for the Midlands to have 3 teams in the quarters. Beat London by 2.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Wolves aren’t unbeatable they’ve lost 10 league games this year from 26 games, and if Hee Chan is injured, hopefully they take out Cunha to rest him and thats 50% of their goals this year gone

Como

I watched the game over a beer or two and Brighton were the better team, they hung on for dear life, goalie could have equalised right at the end.

Should be a good game and possible.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Anyone else at the FA Cup game back in the mid 80s , midweek night game when Trevor Peake scored a late equaliser to get them back to Highfield Rd, and we celebrated like we had won the cup
Yes at all three games in cup against Wolves that year. A bit too dangerous for a 10yo to attend the massive 73 match. Wolves was my second away game in 75 and lots of trouble. Wolves had nasty fans and experienced quite a few scary moments over the years.
Grew up hating Wolves but genuinely like them now and Wolverhampton centre is ok.

We are likely to lose but should be be a good atmosphere. No bad feeling these days between fans and a proper Midlands derby.

Hope to get a ticket and will look forward to going.

fatso

On what basis do people think this is a winnable tie!?
They did an absolute job on West Brom, they are decent at home.
They will be all out for a Wembley semi-final with nothing to play for in the league.
Really is a shite draw.
Would have fancied us more away Vs Leicester.
I love a bit of positive thinking.

I remember some c#£ts saying the cup run was over in 87 when we got drawn against Man utd at Old Trafford.

Nearly 37 years later and it looks like the same c%^ts are still at it.

covcity4life

Woke up this morning feeling less negative. Other than Leicester this is the game that gives us best chances to make semis. Shame it's away but oh well. Let's see what we can do

Pusb

edgy

I'm over the disappointment of the team drawn and the venue. Now it's knowing its unlikely I'll get a ticket.

skybluejelly

If we had have been promoted last year this would have been one of the games we would have hoped to have got something from , far better to face wolves now than Man City or Chelsea , the biggest disappointment for me is sakamoto being injured I would love to have seen him turning there players inside out ,

fernandopartridge

I love a bit of positive thinking.

I remember some c#£ts saying the cup run was over in 87 when we got drawn against Man utd at Old Trafford.

Nearly 37 years later and it looks like the same c%^ts are still at it.
TBF we finished above United in the league that season but take the point

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

wingy

I watched the game over a beer or two and Brighton were the better team, they hung on for dear life, goalie could have equalised right at the end.

Should be a good game and possible.
I dunno I did watch a portion of it,felt like Brighton were playing the victim card tactics, won't be any of that from us,oh no siree!

Grendel

Live scenes from CV5...

dude abides GIF

Astute will be wondering why @Sick Boy doesn’t cut his hair

shepardo01

If we can't beat a Premier league team on the way ro Wembley, we don't deserve to be in the semis.

Great for the Midlands to have 3 teams in the quarters. Beat London by 2.
Millwall got to a final in the early 2000s without beating at top level side.

Users who are viewing this thread