QF Draw (4 Viewers)

Alkhen

Disappointed Let Down GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Crap draw. Dunno why people are saying it's winnable really. Both are comfortable in the league and will be focusing on this as a huge opportunity seeing as neither has won anything in years.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wouldn’t of hand picked that but at this stage of the competition you have to take what comes.

Having said that after seeing what Man City reserves did to Luton last night I’m glad we avoiding them.
De Bruyne and Haaland aren’t exactly reserve players ‘poke.

Otis

Every game was going to possibly be a loss, including Leicester ffs.

we have a chance against both Wolves and Brighton
Exactly.

All tough games from here on in, but we most certainly have a better chance against Brighton or Wolves than we would do against Man City and Liverpool.

We DO have a chance here. There IS the potential to go through and I am encouraged if Brighton have a European game on the Thursday night. That could help us

Not the best draw at all, but a winnable game perhaps and also now probably avoided a hammering

skybluericoh

32050 capacity at Wolves so should be 5-6000 30666 at the Amex so roughly the same nicer place but longer to get back if we lose :(

Brighton Sky Blue

If I had to pick, would rather Brighton. Better day out, better stadium and they are prone to wobbly performances even at home.

Not really keen on sharing train space with the big chinned dingles

Otis

Disappointed Let Down GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos's Funniest Home Videos

Crap draw. Dunno why people are saying it's winnable really. Both are comfortable in the league and will be focusing on this as a huge opportunity seeing as neither has won anything in years.
Brighton seemingly have a European game on the Thursday before, so that helps for sure.

wingy

Of course it's Wolves as that chap texted team's in ochreish colours fall by the wayside when they meet us.
Gives a new slant on the torp chant as well.
Get out of it and adopt the talk talk anthem!

Jarvo87

Initial reaction is same as most, absolute shite draw. On reflection, there are no easy games at this stage of a competition and both potential opponents are currently top half premier league so will be a real test of where we are in our development. in terms of progression then it could be viewed as a home draw would have meant higher expectation, so of the potential away draws then either Brighton or Wolves could be winnable in a one off tie. Personally would prefer Wolves as I think Brighton are the more consistently performing team and have a different style of play. Throw in a localish derby, which might be a leveller depending how we approach it.
Irrelevant in a way as I think Brighton will actually beat the dingles…..

Flying Fokker

Anyway, I think you are all insane not wanting the best chance to progress, but let's see what the draw brings.

Will make the whole conversation
How many tickets for each?
The calculation is quite simple in the FA Cup.

Prior to the semi-final and final, which are played at Wembley, visiting clubs are allowed up to 15 per cent of all tickets for the stadium they are playing at.

That is unless 15 per cent of the stadium exceeds 9,000. So clubs travelling to Old Trafford, the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the London Stadium and the Emirates Stadium will have their allocations capped at 9,000, unless the home clubs are willing to offer more.

Despite the calculation seeming quite simple, there are still a few stipulations.

The visiting club must make a request for the amount of tickets they would like for their fans within four days of the draw. More often than not, teams will request the full 15 per cent but, in some scenarios, they will take fewer tickets than they are allowed.

In the instance that not all away tickets are sold by the visiting club, the remaining tickets must be returned to the home club on or (preferably) before the day of the match.

The tickets in the away end are not the only ones that are accessible to the visiting club. They are also entitled to a third of seats usually reserved and known as “home and visiting directors’ seats” up to a maximum of 24 seats.

The disabled facilities must also be separated. The visiting club have the right to claim 15 per cent of those seats as well.

Visiting clubs will not always be guaranteed 15 per cent of the seats throughout the stadium, though.

The Safety Advisory Group (SAG) must also agree to the away allocation that has been proposed. The SAG is made up of representatives of services including the police, fire, ambulance and building authority.

For fixtures that pose risks to health and safety, they can choose to decrease allocations for visiting clubs.

Ccfcisparks

Initial reaction is same as most, absolute shite draw. On reflection, there are no easy games at this stage of a competition and both potential opponents are currently top half premier league so will be a real test of where we are in our development. in terms of progression then it could be viewed as a home draw would have meant higher expectation, so of the potential away draws then either Brighton or Wolves could be winnable in a one off tie. Personally would prefer Wolves as I think Brighton are the more consistently performing team and have a different style of play. Throw in a localish derby, which might be a leveller depending how we approach it.
Irrelevant in a way as I think Brighton will actually beat the dingles…..
How are Brighton more consistent? Wolves are 5th in the form table over the last 10 games

Users who are viewing this thread