QF Draw (5 Viewers)

Otis

How many times do you want to play them?
How many times have we played Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea or Manu Utd recently?

I know what’s the more exciting prospect…
I would say Leicester at home in the quarter final of the FA Cup is a VERY exciting prospect.

We really would think we had a fantastic opportunity to make the semi finals at Wembley.

Dead excited at the prospect of drawing them.

The CableGuy

It's been a while since playing a PL team at home, so Newcastle or Man. Utd at the CBS for me. I would be tough with our injuries but I'd fancy our chances of beating either of those teams.

Alkhen

Man United are brittle AF we would definitly have a shot

Newcastle looked a bit crap last night

Liverpool have a lot on their plate, id say FA cup is now about their 3rd priority, with fixtures mounting up. Im sure they would probably turn us over but there is a chance the play a number of kids

Man City would batter us. do they ever really struggle abainst lower league team?

AOM

Better chance than playing a Premier League side.

True, they're probably the most beatable, but we've not been great recently and have some key players missing.
If it was someone like Nottingham Forest, you'd hope they might rest a few players as they're still fighting a relegation battle

Edit: just realised Nottingham Forest are playing tonight and aren't even through yet...

Alkhen

Better chance than playing a Premier League side.
not sure about that, there are a couple that look a bit fragile mentally. Liecester look a shoe-in for atleast 2nd I reckon they would be really up for revenge too

Otis

not sure about that, there are a couple that look a bit fragile mentally. Liecester look a shoe-in for atleast 2nd I reckon they would be really up for revenge too
Good!

Be nice to watch them implode again. 😂

San Francisco

I know many are rather dismissive of Newcastle, but that club has been so desperate to win the FA Cup. It's a burning desire of theirs, year in, year out, for decades and I actually wouldn't be surprised if they won the whole thing this year.

They haven't been great at all of late, but they do have the players to beat anyone on their day and of course, they are now just three games away.

They may have scraped through so far, but I wouldn't dismiss them so quickly and they I think, would utterly trounce us if we played them.

For me, I think we have two chances and that's either Leicester at home, or Forest at home.

I honestly think we would be totally embarrassed by anyone else.

They did a piss poor job of showing that burning desire last night.

ceetee

Is the TV money the same for all four games?

An all-Championship tie would be least attractive to the TV companies

M&B Stand

How many times do you want to play them?
How many times have we played Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea or Man Utd recently?

I know what’s the more exciting prospect…

What are you even talking about? We hadn’t played Leicester for about 10 years before this season.

The best chance to get to only a second ever FA Cup semi final in our history and everything that comes with that is the most exciting prospect for me. Each to their own I guess.

all academic anyway, we’ll draw who we draw.

Travs

What are you even talking about? We hadn’t played Leicester for about 10 years before this season.

The best chance to get to only a second ever FA Cup semi final in our history and everything that comes with that is the most exciting prospect for me. Each to their own I guess.

all academic anyway, we’ll draw who we draw.

Exactly.

If you said 5 years ago we'd be in an FA Cup QF at home to Leicester in front of 30000 fans, having recently thraped them in the Championship, people would be sending for the men in white coats.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

A home tie would be our best hope just for the gate money.

If it's about money, then it has to be Man United away with a share of 75k gate money. 🤑🤑🤑

Otis

I’d rather miss them and have a Semi-final with them…so close.
Okay, but surely if we aren't drawn against them in the quarter finals, their chance of making the semi-finals is very remote, because they are so much more likely to be drawn against one of the big boys

Mcbean

We took 11k to Old Trafford but I still want a home gig anyone but Liverpool or Man City - the prize would be Leicester for me as we get to Wembley and hopefully Man C get Liverpool or Chelsea

Otis

Not all btw. I am totally with you!

I am bemused by this and people asking if we would be best to finish 7th so we get more rest before next season.
Yeah

A lot of mad thinking on here.

Because Newcastle were awful last night, doesn't mean they will be awful next time out. Football doesn't work that way.

Because we have been a bit out of form for a few games, why does that translate that we will continue to not play so well and that continue from here on in. Form comes and goes.

And like I said, we should have beaten Leicester at Leicester. We have given them two very tough games this season. You would have to fancy us at home against those surely? In a one off.

I am not sure we can finish top 6 because of injuries and fatigue, but surely we can pull out one or two great individual performances until the end of the season. And why not in the cup? 🤷

I have fingers crossed for Leicester in the draw. Then next in line for my liking if not them, would be Forest. Then Wolves or Newcastle.

Fingers crossed it's a positive draw.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Is the draw tonight on BBC or ITV ?

Users who are viewing this thread