QF Draw (5 Viewers)

SBbucks

Some of these depend on times etc too.

I'd assume 2 fixtures on Saturday and 2 on Sunday?

Hope fully no midday kick offs which are shite.

I'm assuming it would be 2pm and 5 pm kick offs?

They can’t have 2pm on the Saturday. Most likely 12:30 & 17:30 (or 8pm) on Saturday and 14:00 & 16:30 on Sunday. TV need at least 2.5 hour gap to allow for extra time/penalties

alexccfc99

You can't have done many trips then. I went. Ground in the middle of nowhere and we were thoroughly outclassed.
Only the 655 matches and counting home and away :D

The day out was great on the train all the city fans pitched up on the beach before heading over to the ground - I did say game aside but considering we were a L2 side we weren’t outclassed

SBbucks

Only the 655 matches and counting home and away :D

The day out was great on the train all the city fans pitched up on the beach before heading over to the ground - I did say game aside but considering we were a L2 side we weren’t outclassed

We were outclassed but not embarrassed. My abiding memory was of a young Dom Hyam not getting within a mile of Ulloa at any time. He seemed miles off the pace and thought he would never make it, he proved us very wrong!

Robinshio

the trouble is now, it is very probable almost certain, that this run will end in failure
Very different to our previous runs to wembley where to some extent we either expected or hoped for victory

No idea how that would sit with me if we did get to a SF against a Man City - going , but waiting for the onslaught

David O'Day

if we play United they will come in numbers be loud and it will be proper cringe when a load of people who come from Nuneaton tell them that "they support their local team"

nah, not for me

Alkhen

Might as well get carried away with the cup fever. Heres my predictions for this round then preferences for the QF draw:

AFC Bournemouth V Leicester City
Blackburn Rovers V Newcastle United
Luton Town V Manchester City
Chelsea
V Leeds United
Nottingham Forest V Manchester United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
V Brighton & Hove Albion
Liverpool V Southampton

1. Manchester United - huge scalp & I reckon they are beatable with a bit of luck
2. Liverpool - Again huge game and they have a lot on. maybe they would play the kids?
3. Chelsea - Something about them seems a bit fragile
4. Leicester City - Probably the most winable/even tie we could hope for. bit boring
5. Newcastle United - They would be well up for it with little else to play for
6. Manchester City - dislike the club and what they stand for, we'd get battered as they dont do shocks.
7. Wolverhampton Wanderers - Dull AF and not as winnable as Liecester

Last edited:

Alkhen

if we play United they will come in numbers be loud and it will be proper cringe when a load of people who come from Nuneaton tell them that "they support their local team"

nah, not for me

To be fair supporting Cov if you come from Nuneaton is a bit different from being a midlands based Man U fan.

Would imagine Manchester United Away tickets are like gold dust, doubt they would make it to general sale and would be a majority of hardcore fans. Also with the up turn in our own attendances we'd easily sell out the CBS to fans with existing accounts so there wouldnt be space for day trippers.

For me they are the biggest team that we'd have the most potential to cause a shock against. bring them on

CBS16

Moght as well get carried away with the cup fever. Heres my predictions for this round then preferences for the QF draw:

Chelsea
V Leeds United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
V Brighton & Hove Albion
Liverpool V Southampton

1. Manchester United - huge scalp & I reckon they are beatable with a bit of luck
2. Liverpool - Again huge game and they have a lot on. maybe they would play the kids?
4. Leicester City - Probably the most winable/even tie we could hope for. bit boring
6. Manchester City - dislike the club and what they stand for, we'd get battered as they dont do shocks.
Well that's really got me carried away with cup fever 😂
I tend to agree though they're all really tough games. Leicester for a place at wembley is far from boring though! Avoid man city, anybody else at home and let's give it a right go. Away may as well have fun and go to Old Trafford or Anfield

Hobo

Also- Wembley semi finals should be scrapped. Go back to neutral grounds.

Because the Wembley site is a nightmare to get in and out of, it's a joke.

Alkhen

Can't understand the comments of Leicester/Wolves being a boring tie.

Local derby in the FA Cup Quarter Finals. Place at Wembley up for grabs. Sounds alright to me.

Dull was a bit harsh maybe. The 'glamour' of a big toe aside I just have a feeling that teams like Wolves, Newcastle or if Brighton or Bournemouth go through are going to take things very seriously, full first team and a super keen crowd as it's a massive opportunity for them have a rare outing at Wembley also.

Slim as it may be but my gut says the bigger teams have more scope to not take us seriously

Brylowes

I actually think it would be an enjoyable day out regardless of the result, unlike the playoff final
Yeah I understand what you’re saying, but when you’re that close I think we’d all be feeling it a bit.

Agree about the occasion though, it would be a real fans day out with the clubs involved receiving the majority of the tickets ‘unlike the final where the clubs involved receive a paltry allocation.

Londonccfcfan

Might as well get carried away with the cup fever. Heres my predictions for this round then preferences for the QF draw:

Chelsea
V Leeds United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
V Brighton & Hove Albion
Liverpool V Southampton

What ground would we get the biggest allocation?

Brylowes

Ricoh attendances v Wolves

2009: 21k
2008: 27.9k (8 people shy of 28k)
2007: 22k (midweek)
2006: 26.8k
Combined Ricoh total = 97.7k

Corresponding fixtures at Molineux:
2006 - 23.7k
2007 - 19.8k
2008 - 24.3k
2009 - 25.8k

Combined Molineux total = 93.6k

So based purely on results gained from the rigorous & comprehensive statistical analysis carried out above.

Coventry. = *good* *topfans* *skyblue*

Wolves. = *shite* *shitefans* *yella*

fernandopartridge

Combined Ricoh total = 97.7k

Corresponding fixtures at Molineux:
2006 - 23.7k
2007 - 19.8k
2008 - 24.3k
2009 - 25.8k

Combined Molineux total = 93.6k

So based purely on results gained from the rigorous & comprehensive statistical analysis carried out above.

Coventry. = *good* *topfans* *skyblue*

Wolves. = *shite* *shitefans* *yella*
Though TBF each time the gate at Ricoh likely has 5k Wolves there

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread