Qatar World Cup 2022 (6 Viewers)

SBT

Shout out to the moderators on a Sunday for acting quickly on this thread full of homophobic abuse and, uhhhhh, moving it to a different forum. Top work @Nick and co.

Grendel

Shout out to the moderators on a Sunday for acting quickly on this thread full of homophobic abuse and, uhhhhh, moving it to a different forum. Top work @Nick and co.

It’s a fine line. There is no point in deleting the posts really without banning the poster.

DiffIcult really

SBT

It’s a fine line. There is no point in deleting the posts really without banning the poster.

DiffIcult really

Yeah you can’t be banning people or deleting posts just because they’re throwing around homophobic abuse, that’s crazy talk.

I think @Nick is too busy making sure the Coventry Ladies thread gets closed on the main forum, that could have really got out of hand.

Grendel

Yeah you can’t be banning people or deleting posts just because they’re throwing around homophobic abuse, that’s crazy talk.

I think @Nick is too busy making sure the Coventry Ladies thread gets closed on the main forum, that could have really got out of hand.

Also it is down to if anyone has reported the posts

bawtryneal

In my opinion the thread should be deleted not just moved to a different location
Homophobic behaviour should not be accepted full stop and just moved to a lower traffic area.

Grendel

I reported them hours ago

But frankly it’s basically up to him about what kind of place he runs.

It doesn’t just go to him and I guess also they do have lives

I did once complain about a thread about Beth Tweddle with the rather absurd notion would you have sex with her only to realise it came from a moderator

SBT

It doesn’t just go to him and I guess also they do have lives

Well clearly someone has time to ignore the reports, move this thread to a different forum, and close other threads elsewhere. As I say - it’s their choice what kind of place they want to run. Maybe they want to set up a dedicated sub-forum for homophobia.

Grendel

Well clearly someone has time to ignore the reports, move this thread to a different forum, and close other threads elsewhere. As I say - it’s their choice what kind of place they want to run. Maybe they want to set up a dedicated sub-forum for homophobia.

Well I doubt they do SBT and the person whose shown themselves as a fool is jagmann - so retain it and then we see the poster for what they are

SBT

Well I doubt they do SBT and the person whose shown themselves as a fool is jagmann - so retain it and then we see the poster for what they are

Alternatively you can just ban the twat, delete the posts and assure people that there’s no place for shit like that on here, but if @Nick would rather run a viewing gallery for homophobic abuse then that’s his prerogative.

clint van damme

I never started this ...who started we are are gay ...and its not nice ...im on about the workers who have been mistreeded ....As you can tell i am not a supporter of anti Christian Behaviour

Nor coherent sentences by the look of it.

stupot07

I agree, it should be an instant ban and the thread deleted. Its 2022, not 1922.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I understand why a lot of people are angry, as I was reading that shite, and the poster couldn't complain at all if they were banned.

But this is a situation whereby deleting this thread entirely, despite how abhorrent it is, could be counterproductive. The subject of free speech often crops up and this I think highlights my opinion well.

The person clearly has a mindset that hasn't been acceptable for at least a generation, but that shows. Look at the reaction to it - it's been loudly condemned by all and surely that is a far better reaction than banning, where individuals often double down on their views claiming they're being 'silenced' (as is the playbook for pretty much every far right view). Whereas leaving it to be seen will just lead to all round condemnation and ridicule which will be ar worse for them. Plus it means we know what their views are rather than it being hidden. These views are far worse kept in the shadows than in the light where they can be seen and challenged.

Individuals can choose to put the poster on ignore, give them a poo emoji or tear their opinions to pieces with reasoning. But the worse thing to do IMO is just to delete it.

dadgad

Yes, we’ll put Sky Blue Dreamer. When an idiot is busy making a fool of himself don’t interrupt.
😂
But on the politics of free speech, Qatar, the World Cup and its legitimacy. It is all related. Some will just say ‘I can’t be arsed to think about that, I just want to enjoy the footy’ The Abramovich era is a consequence of this myopia, not just among fans but also government and the Premier League. That, in turn, has brought about Ukraine and affects us all. Regrettably, Ignorance and wishful thinking is no longer an option….

rob9872

I understand why a lot of people are angry, as I was reading that shite, and the poster couldn't complain at all if they were banned.

But this is a situation whereby deleting this thread entirely, despite how abhorrent it is, could be counterproductive. The subject of free speech often crops up and this I think highlights my opinion well.

The person clearly has a mindset that hasn't been acceptable for at least a generation, but that shows. Look at the reaction to it - it's been loudly condemned by all and surely that is a far better reaction than banning, where individuals often double down on their views claiming they're being 'silenced' (as is the playbook for pretty much every far right view). Whereas leaving it to be seen will just lead to all round condemnation and ridicule which will be ar worse for them. Plus it means we know what their views are rather than it being hidden. These views are far worse kept in the shadows than in the light where they can be seen and challenged.

Individuals can choose to put the poster on ignore, give them a poo emoji or tear their opinions to pieces with reasoning. But the worse thing to do IMO is just to delete it.
In context I somewhat agree, but change homophobia to racism and do you make the same post?

Neither have any place here and should be treated the same with zero tolerance.

Otis

So you are advocating a point and laugh policy.

I find it all a bit weird, because I thought dinosaurs were extinct. 🤷

Grendel

I guess if a number of people are objecting and find it offensive then thread deletion (bit hard I’d have thought just to delete posts) is the only way to go

The Coventrian / Valiant and The Lurker I assume were but they had to go full KKK mind before it happened

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In context I somewhat agree, but change homophobia to racism and do you make the same post?

Neither have any place here and should be treated the same with zero tolerance.
I do. Because I'd rather know who the racists are and see them being challenged and humiliated than hidden away in some echo chamber where their messed up take is validated until their thoughts are so warped they do something serious.

Another example is misogny. Do you think it's good to have a load of Incel fuckwits hidden away on the dark web, or would it be better to know who they are to keep an eye on them?

I agree that they have no place but zero tolerance doesn't necessarily mean banning it. I'd say the reaction to the poster on here has been zero tolerance from the replies, and IMO it's far more effective because that's lots of different people, whereas deleting and banning just needs one person with admin rights.

Jagmannn

I would like to offer my apology for my offensive remarks ..reading back it was very offensive ..Mr Monkey please forgive ...I will not make excuses for my intolerant behaviour.
Once again to everyone.
SORRY

Grendel

giphy.gif

rob9872

I would like to offer my apology for my offensive remarks ..reading back it was very offensive ..Mr Monkey please forgive ...I will not make excuses for my intolerant behaviour.
Once again to everyone.
SORRY
Oh well that's ok then .... 🤔

Mods - how the fk is this bellend still able to post?

Grendel

Oh well that's ok then .... 🤔

Mods - how the fk is this bellend still able to post?

It is pretty random when the likes of Italia were banned for just talking inoffensive gibberish

Hertsccfc

Hey folks, apologies, I've been ill so not been on here much the last few days. I've banned the user and removed what I could see. Apologies for being slow getting to this.
Hope you're feeling better Mark and thanks for doing this. His opinions were unacceptable.

bawtryneal

So it's acceptable to be homophobic on the "other topics thread" but not on the "CCFC General chat thread"

rob9872

Doesn't translate when I click link

no_loyalty

It doesn’t look like Scotland will be there, they are currently 2-0 down at home to Ukraine.

Users who are viewing this thread