PWKH bares his teeth. (2 Viewers)

RoboCCFC90

My derogatory remark fyi was a generalisation and not aimed at you personally ok!
Why I'm explaining myself to you I don't know!:facepalm:

I don't know, but I appreciate your explanation and thank you for clearing it up.

RoboCCFC90

Its by pawning off all the players and not investing that has got us in the damn awful league.

Along with seeing no revenue from the ground CCFC have been playing since SISU's Takeover :facepalm::facepalm:

blueflint

“People have accused me of wrecking it and so on,” he said. - In other words people on Sky Blues Talk have taken my candy..
“It was my initiative to build the centre and no-one would be keener to see the Academy back there with proper arrangements in place. I built the bloody thing – it was my idea. - Alright mate, keep calm and you might need to see a doctor before your head swells beyond the weight of which your shoulders can hold!!!
“I spent a year persuading people that it would be a good thing to do and then did the whole of the build. I have put sweat and blood into it so of course I want to see the Academy there. - The saying is blood, sweat and tears firstly and secondly do you have a vacancy as if we happen to stick with the unfortunate owners of which are SISU the first team could end up training there next season???
“It’s a thankless task sometimes and I resent it, to a certain extent, when people say all we’re trying to do is kill the Academy." - Who said your trying to kill the academy, Geez does this guy want an Oscar Nomination with his proclaimed 15 minutes of fame with CT?
“The people who operate up there, Gregor Rioch and his staff are brilliant. They do an excellent job and work with everyone and are a pleasure to have there" - Finally something we agree on!
“The groundsman John Ledwidge and his crew are also brilliant and to have as a group of people playing and working there, they are a great bunch, they really are." - He'll end up thanking himself in a minute..
“And you really feel bad when you’re having to stop these people, who are doing a really good job, doing what they do because of their bosses." - Unfortunately this is SISU, Football is a business and unfortunately everything seems to resolve around £££££££ and lets be honest the only reason you kicked out the academy was because you weren't getting ££££££ from the Club, which is fair enough, but don't make out you have regret about it or a sensible being would have taken it up with the club before going all gunho!!
“It’s a mess but it isn’t a mess of our making, it’s a mess of their making. They can put statements and press releases out saying how important it is to them. OK, then let’s get an agreement and get them back again.” - Oh no because anything that you do isn't at all wrong or disrespectful.. Blame everything on SISU if you like, but it's not just "their mess", plus the only one making a statement on this subject is you by running CT to get a couple of quid..

Summary

Shut the feck up mate!!!!!!!

:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

georgehudson

i can't help wondering that there are 1 or 2 posters on this board that may have, or be suffering from, Attention Deficit Disorder

Sky Blue Kid

One would hope that the league have to be shown exactly where the grant has gone but if you consider the club has what 50 lads aged 16-18 all on a couple of grand a month thats a £100,000 a month.

It's been a hell of a long time since I was last paid for playing football, but, I would say you're far too generous with your assumption of 16-18 year olds being on that kind of money mate.
I would estimate somewhere in the region of £600 pm at 16. rising to £700-£800 pm at 18.
And I might be being overly generous with my figures.:)

can I ask a question about forum rules.....I'm a bit tired and idiots like robbo have robbed me of my vocabulary...so what would happen if I simply called him a C-UNiT???? I like this forum and dont want to upset the majority...but seriously??

PWKH seems a decent bloke, who often posts on here as honestly as he is able to, and is one of the few first hand sources we, as fans, have. What's he's said in the CT sounds like somebody who is as frustrated as we all (most) are with SISU. (don't start, I'm bored of it,some of us think they're bad, some don't, I get it) But trying to belittle the man because he's spoken with passion about something he believes in, that overall benefits CCFC and the City as a whole is moronic.

FAIR PLAY PWKH, WE KNOW YOU DON'T WANT TO DO IT, BUT THE MAJORITY OF US BACK YOU!

Astute

Reading some of the comments against PWKH reminds me why I very rarely come on here anymore. I suppose people need somewhere to put their idiotic thoughts though :(

lordsummerisle

Your views have little enough merit without devoiding them ever more with the addition of incessant 'wanker' truncations. Remind me when half term's over again can you?

Add up the amount of ant-sisu people who use "wanker" signals to anybody who disagrees with them?

Also the huge adult line of debate that includes "Shitsu", "Wisher" and "Faggot".

dongonzalos

Did that, got nowhere. If what you call 15 minutes of fame, and it doesn't much feel that, gets the Academy back into the Higgs Centre with Sisu paying their bills the result will be worth it. I assume nobody on here wants to risk the closure of the Academy.
The fact that they have not paid is not an opinion it is a fact.

I for one appreciate the updates that you have provided

Please remember it is a very small minority having a pop at you.

Please keep the updates coming it is nice to have party involved in this mess attempting to talk to us.

I am sure if JS or TF had the guts to face us it would be a entirely different situation

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Thanks Blueflint appreciate your feedback :)

RoboCCFC90

can I ask a question about forum rules.....I'm a bit tired and idiots like robbo have robbed me of my vocabulary...so what would happen if I simply called him a C-UNiT???? I like this forum and dont want to upset the majority...but seriously??

PWKH seems a decent bloke, who often posts on here as honestly as he is able to, and is one of the few first hand sources we, as fans, have. What's he's said in the CT sounds like somebody who is as frustrated as we all (most) are with SISU. (don't start, I'm bored of it,some of us think they're bad, some don't, I get it) But trying to belittle the man because he's spoken with passion about something he believes in, that overall benefits CCFC and the City as a whole is moronic.

FAIR PLAY PWKH, WE KNOW YOU DON'T WANT TO DO IT, BUT THE MAJORITY OF US BACK YOU!

Want a tissue mate? What have I said that is insulting or violent in anyway? I haven't if I have responded to fellow posters who have called names and such forth then that's not my issue..

Otis

PWKH did come across really well on the radio and also has done so when posted on here. He seemed honest and sincere.

As others have said, he is simply getting frustrated with what is happening to the club and with the situation itself.

coundonskyblue

The problem with some on here is that they judge everyone by Sisu's own grubby standards.

There seems to be an argument that if your in business, anything is acceptable and you always look after number 1. I maybe being naive here, but the world isn't like that, and I've certainly not seen anything like that from the Higgs charity.

Spencer

Because PWKH seems a decent bloke does that mean that someone cannot take issue with his statements? Baker seems a perfectly decent bloke to me - it doesn't stop prople on here criticising his football ability.

Personally, I don't agree with PWKH's methods of publicising a dispute - that is my view. I respect your view is different.

Why can't you respect the opinion of Robbo? If you can't, and can't offer an opinion without abuse, perhaps, you really have misunderstood the purpose of a forum?

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

The problem with some on here is that they judge everyone by Sisu's own grubby standards.

There seems to be an argument that if your in business, anything is acceptable and you always look after number 1. I maybe being naive here, but the world isn't like that, and I've certainly not seen anything like that from the Higgs charity.

What it is that no one is allowed to have a differing opinion from the majority? That's what forums are all about opinionative banter and topics of conversation.. People blame SISU for the clubs phlight and so do I, but I don't think they are alone in the blame corner and I don't trust any of these organisations that have been previously connected with the mess at our club or the mess concerning the Ricoh, I didn't ask for anyone to reply to my comments, but some people wanted to make it personal, so I am sorry I won't apologise too them, I bare an opinion and this what this site is about.

Nonleagueherewecome

You have an opinion which in most people's opinions is a crap opinion. As such, expect criticism. It is, as you say, a forum...

RoboCCFC90

You have an opinion which in most people's opinions is a crap opinion. As such, expect criticism. It is, as you say, a forum...

I don't doubt that NLHWC not in the slightest, but I don't want posters like Spencer come to my rescue because they shouldn't have to as I said its a forum with opinions some will be similar, some wont be as I have done most of the day, I will defend my opinion with anyone, but calling for me to be blocked for opinion is pants!

coundonskyblue

What it is that no one is allowed to have a differing opinion from the majority? That's what forums are all about opinionative banter and topics of conversation.. People blame SISU for the clubs phlight and so do I, but I don't think they are alone in the blame corner and I don't trust any of these organisations that have been previously connected with the mess at our club or the mess concerning the Ricoh, I didn't ask for anyone to reply to my comments, but some people wanted to make it personal, so I am sorry I won't apologise too them, I bare an opinion and this what this site is about.

I'm not asking you to apologise, or surpress your opinion.

I was just expressing my opinion in saying that I think Sisu have some users thinking that all parties in this saga act the same way as them.

If we are talking about who is right and wrong on the terms of orignal rent deal then both sides are questionable. However when it comes to how negeotiations are put forward and argued, then really only Sisu are the bad guys imo.

If I was to ask a workmate very nicely if I could borrow £2 for my lunch as I forgot my wallet I imagine they would lend it me. If I said 'Give me some f*cking money you t*at' I imagine they wouldn't give it me.

Spencer

That's correct if you accept ACL tried to force administration for personally footballing reasons, or that ACL charged a ridiculous rent level purely for the good of the football club and it's fans.

Of course, if you don't, you're a SISU lover, or SISU plant or a C-Unitt.

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't doubt that NLHWC not in the slightest, but I don't want posters like Spencer come to my rescue because they shouldn't have to as I said its a forum with opinions some will be similar, some wont be as I have done most of the day, I will defend my opinion with anyone, but calling for me to be blocked for opinion is pants!

I'll agree with you on that. It won't happen. Unless you say something jokingly about someone being unfaithful that isn't provable in a court of law :whistle:

Nonleagueherewecome

That's correct if you accept ACL tried to force administration for personally footballing reasons, or that ACL charged a ridiculous rent level purely for the good of the football club and it's fans.

Of course, if you don't, you're a SISU lover, or SISU plant or a C-Unitt.

And around we go again...

SISU took years before challenging the rent figure. The rent figure was agreed in the top flight and that's exactly where we would be playing according to the Ranson Masterplan. Of course it's too much for L1. Why are we in L1 again?

The rent is a tiny fraction of our budget-it was a lot less as a % when we were shelling out Wood and Bell's lucrative contracts. Maybe that money should have been spent on a priority? Maybe SISU should have challenged the rent a lot earlier? That they didn't is their fault and nobody else's. They also promised to buy the ground within 1-2 years of owning the club, making the rent a non-issue.

As for accusing people of being a SISU plant-that's one person who has been accused, and it is an utterly merited accusation. He is incredibly one eyed to the point of professionalism.

Spencer

And around we go again...

SISU took years before challenging the rent figure. The rent figure was agreed in the top flight and that's exactly where we would be playing according to the Ranson Masterplan. Of course it's too much for L1. Why are we in L1 again?

The rent is a tiny fraction of our budget-it was a lot less as a % when we were shelling out Wood and Bell's lucrative contracts. Maybe that money should have been spent on a priority? Maybe SISU should have challenged the rent a lot earlier? That they didn't is their fault and nobody else's. They also promised to buy the ground within 1-2 years of owning the club, making the rent a non-issue.

As for accusing people of being a SISU plant-that's one person who has been accused, and it is an utterly merited accusation. He is incredibly one eyed to the point of professionalism.

Having only been on the forum a couple of weeks I'll have to take your word on that person NLHWC.

But, I fail to understand how anyone can be one sided on this. It seems to me that all the parties have been guilty to a greater, or lessor, extent.

coundonskyblue

Maybe we should just look at a few figures here. According to Sisu they have spent £60m on CCFC.

Now had they been playing rent free at the Ricoh since they took over they would have saved £6.5 on rent.

Lets suppose they were given income streams, and the Ricoh did really well and gave them an income of £2m a year, that would have given them £10m over the last 5 years.

Then imagine CCFC fans suddenly packed out the Ricoh every game since they took over in appreciation of how wonderful Sisu are. That would have produced about an extra £25.8m income over the last 5 years.

So all together 6.5m + 2m + 25.8m = £34.3m

minus their £60m 'investment', = -£25.7m

Basically they are so undeniably crap at running a business they could have had income through the roof and still be £25.7m down.

How can anyone defend that?

Nonleagueherewecome

Having only been on the forum a couple of weeks I'll have to take your word on that person NLHWC.

But, I fail to understand how anyone can be one sided on this. It seems to me that all the parties have been guilty to a greater, or lessor, extent.

There's an argument that if ACL were rolling in cash whilst the club suffered that they should have offered to lower the rent, but if they weren't asked, you can't really blame them.

And I'm not one eyed-I completely disagree with the views of Kevin Maton for one thing. There's potential for me to be anti-ACL in the future. But over the rent saga thus far, I really can't see any reason to be other than the one I state above.

No understanding of anything? Anything, well that is a vast landscape, I don't post on here very much and the main reason is because of know it all's like you think that others opinions (if not in agreement to yours are not as relevant) and we all know about opinions, they are like arseholes everyone's got one.

Are we now measuring ourselves against Crewe? - we have played those players due to financial restraints and embargoes not because these boys have made the grade yes a couple have done well, but how many clubs are queuing up to buy them? how many of them if they left tomorrow would move to a higher positioned club? Geal is a good example of my point I assume you know how he became a CCFC trainee? not through the scouting network not through word of mouth, in fact he was turned away from the doors of the Academy when he knocked on their door and asked for a trial, he was told that he needed to get a local team and if he was good enough he would be spotted...it was only when he turned to sprint up the drive that his pace was spotted and the academy coach called him back and invited him for a trial, lets say Geal had walked away that day, where and what would he be doing now? so please do not use this as an example of the CCFC Academy. How many of those 15 you talk of are regulars in the first team now? how many are in league 1? how many were forced debuts due to financial restraints? I have been around junior football at all levels and age groups and apart from Lol Cairns and Ray Gooding whom I see at Junior Tournaments, I have seen NO other Scouts or Spotters at games, I have seen scouts from WBA, Leicester ect NOT Coventry, so either you have trained an elite team on a Saturday/Sunday or your telling fibs to try and support your argument. Why should we be proud of an academy that does not work that continually miss very good prospects on their doorstep, and the reason for this is that they are not proactive enough in this area. I know Spotters that are happy to walk round in their club tracksuit and flash there Cov I.D badge that have never even put forward a boy, why? because they like to talk the talk but can't walk the walk...rant over.

"The half wits running the Academy." Here speaks a man who clearly has no understanding of anything.
Coventry City runs a fantastic academy on a very tight budget. Last season only Crewe had more first team appearances from their academy than Coventry, indeed with Gael Bigirimana they had the football league apprentice of the year. In the last 4 seasons the academy has had something like 15 first team debuts from their ranks, a figure that all of the other academies you mentioned can only dream about.
Yes boys from Coventry will be at other academies and however good the scouting network is, boys will always be missed. But to the same point the Coventry academy has boys in it from Birmingham, Leicester and further afield.
I've run many junior teams in the area and have regularly had Cov scouts at our games.

Right now the CCFC Academy is the one thing as fans we should be most proud of. :claping hands: rant over !!

Spencer

There's an argument that if ACL were rolling in cash whilst the club suffered that they should have offered to lower the rent, but if they weren't asked, you can't really blame them.

And I'm not one eyed-I completely disagree with the views of Kevin Maton for one thing. There's potential for me to be anti-ACL in the future. But over the rent saga thus far, I really can't see any reason to be other than the one I state above.

You took me out of context - I wasn't accusing you of being one eyed. I was referring to your comment that a poster on here was.

Spencer

Maybe we should just look at a few figures here. According to Sisu they have spent £60m on CCFC.

Now had they been playing rent free at the Ricoh since they took over they would have saved £6.5 on rent.

Lets suppose they were given income streams, and the Ricoh did really well and gave them an income of £2m a year, that would have given them £10m over the last 5 years.

Then imagine CCFC fans suddenly packed out the Ricoh every game since they took over in appreciation of how wonderful Sisu are. That would have produced about an extra £25.8m income over the last 5 years.

So all together 6.5m + 2m + 25.8m = £34.3m

minus their £60m 'investment', = -£25.7m

Basically they are so undeniably crap at running a business they could have had income through the roof and still be £25.7m down.

How can anyone defend that?

I didn't defend SISU. Rather, I stated that I didn't believe ACL, and Higgs, are Lilly white in all this.

WestEndAgro

Good post and one I can relate too, after years of managing a local side, playing (red league) top division junior football I never saw a Coventry Scout at any fixture, the only scout was Ray Gooding who I saw at the odd tournament.
The Coventry schools team was also very clicky and boys seemed to be picked from only two schools, regardless of ability, finally I went in person to recommend a player to Gregor Rioch, and he told me if he hadn't been spotted already he wouldn't be good enough (15 years of age) any way he has since had trials at two different clubs, it hasn't happened for him yet and may never do, but the accademys attitude amazed me.

No understanding of anything? Anything, well that is a vast landscape, I don't post on here very much and the main reason is because of know it all's like you think that others opinions (if not in agreement to yours are not as relevant) and we all know about opinions, they are like arseholes everyone's got one.

Are we now measuring ourselves against Crewe? - we have played those players due to financial restraints and embargoes not because these boys have made the grade yes a couple have done well, but how many clubs are queuing up to buy them? how many of them if they left tomorrow would move to a higher positioned club? Geal is a good example of my point I assume you know how he became a CCFC trainee? not through the scouting network not through word of mouth, in fact he was turned away from the doors of the Academy when he knocked on their door and asked for a trial, he was told that he needed to get a local team and if he was good enough he would be spotted...it was only when he turned to sprint up the drive that his pace was spotted and the academy coach called him back and invited him for a trial, lets say Geal had walked away that day, where and what would he be doing now? so please do not use this as an example of the CCFC Academy. How many of those 15 you talk of are regulars in the first team now? how many are in league 1? how many were forced debuts due to financial restraints? I have been around junior football at all levels and age groups and apart from Lol Cairns and Ray Gooding whom I see at Junior Tournaments, I have seen NO other Scouts or Spotters at games, I have seen scouts from WBA, Leicester ect NOT Coventry, so either you have trained an elite team on a Saturday/Sunday or your telling fibs to try and support your argument. Why should we be proud of an academy that does not work that continually miss very good prospects on their doorstep, and the reason for this is that they are not proactive enough in this area. I know Spotters that are happy to walk round in their club tracksuit and flash there Cov I.D badge that have never even put forward a boy, why? because they like to talk the talk but can't walk the walk...rant over.

Spencer

Good post and one I can relate too, after years of managing a local side, playing (red league) top division junior football I never saw a Coventry Scout at any fixture, the only scout was Ray Gooding who I saw at the odd tournament.
The Coventry schools team was also very clicky and boys seemed to be picked from only two schools, regardless of ability, finally I went in person to recommend a player to Gregor Rioch, and he told me if he hadn't been spotted already he wouldn't be good enough (15 years of age) any way he has since had trials at two different clubs, it hasn't happened for him yet and may never do, but the accademys attitude amazed me.

That's a very sad indictment - especially, now that we need good up and coming talent more than ever.

Strange, I know where I live (I moved away from coventry 10 years ago) local coaches and teachers are seen as an active part of recruitment and actively encouraged to put forward any talent they spot.

Afterall, as fans we may not always know what makes a good player but we do know one when we see one.

Jamieblue7

Adam walker Coventry signed age 8
Ashley Caine Nuneaton signed age 8
Cyrus Christie Coventry signed age 8
Jordan Clarke Coventry signed age 8
Conor Thomas Coventry
Gael Bigirimana Coventry
Callum Wilson Coventry
Michael Quirke Coventry
Jordan Willis Nuneaton

And outside area
Jermaine grandison Birmingham