Put aside all the off field trouble for a moment (3 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

So we all think that this squad can get us promoted out of Div 1, even with an embargo,no investment and a highly possible points deduction then......glad we cleared that one up...

I think if we stay up we will have done well and I'm not confident

Where have people said that or are you just making shit up?

Nonleagueherewecome

We didn't pay peanuts....and we'd be quite happy to be In Yeovils shoes, their monkeys (wage bill circa £700k compared to ours £4.2m) seem to have done ok.

Yes, modelling ourselves on the exception is clearly the pathway to success.

Nonleagueherewecome

We did though. And from Sep through to beg. Feb we were the best side in the league. And then our owners started fucking about about the rent, we lose our best manager since Sillett, and it has been a slippery ever slope.

Nothing to do whatsoever with us having the best player in the division by a country mile for most of that period? I've not seen a City side come so close to matching the definition of "One Man Team".

Good job he'll be here this season, eh?

skybluelee

Nothing to do whatsoever with us having the best player in the division by a country mile for most of that period? I've not seen a City side come so close to matching the definition of "One Man Team".

Good job he'll be here this season, eh?

Leon Clarke scored at not far off McGoldrick's rate so that agrument doesn't stack up.

letsallsingtogether

At the end of the day the team looks awful! who have we got left of any quality? Leon and if he is injured again then Bye Bye went to Nuneaton worse then a Sunday league game and believe me have watched hundreds.
Hope I'm wrong but can't see us competing,
Another season of heartache but ha-ho whats new................................:blue:

T

true sky blue

We are going down, no doubt about it. Why not just go for liquidation and start a fresh

SkyBlue_Bear83

At the end of the day the team looks awful! who have we got left of any quality?

Murphy, Christie, Adams, Moussa, Baker and Clarke. Potentially Fleck and Barton as well but we will have to wait on them to see how they progress next season.

I'm in agreement the current squad would struggle based on the depth, if we have the current squad (not including the 'bomb squad')+ a points deduction it would very much be an uphill battle to survive, however it isn't half as bad as people would have you believe

Add two centre halves and we have a good first 11, then add a bit of depth and we will have the makings of a top half squad

We're about 5/6 signings from having a squad that could finish in the top half.

This is all assuming none of the 'bomb squad' will take part this season.

Note: please don't just respond with transfer embargo

Hadenough

Murphy, Christie, Adams, Moussa, Baker and Clarke. Potentially Fleck and Barton as well but we will have to wait on them to see how they progress next season.

I'm in agreement the current squad would struggle based on the depth, if we have the current squad (not including the 'bomb squad')+ a points deduction it would very much be an uphill battle to survive, however it isn't half as bad as people would have you believe

Add two centre halves and we have a good first 11, then add a bit of depth and we will have the makings of a top half squad

We're about 5/6 signings from having a squad that could finish in the top half.

This is all assuming none of the 'bomb squad' will take part this season.

Note: please don't just respond with transfer embargo

How about the season starts in only 2 weeks time and we have no money?

Users who are viewing this thread