Pubs for Swansea (1 Viewer)

tskezz

Anyone been here before? Recommend anywhere?

We arrive by coach fairly early, I believe into the center of town.

Probably go to a few places for a decent pint first but would be good to head to an away majority pub closer to kick off

Away day guide says;
Phil Weston a visiting Stoke City fan informs me; ‘The Liberty Stadium is a lot more friendly than the old Vetch Field. Stoke fans were drinking in The Harvester and Frankie & Benny’s just outside the ground and a couple of the pubs just up from the stadium’. John Ellis a visiting Leicester City fan adds; ‘Just a few minutes walk away from the stadium on Llangyfeleach Road, is the Plough and Harrow, which admits visiting fans, There was a good mixture of both home and away supporters on our visit.’ Nobby Nowland a visiting Bristol City fan informs me; ‘Within ten minutes walk of the stadium is a newly opened microbrewery called Boss Brewing which serves great beers and burgers. You can also park there for free if available. I found it very friendly and visiting fans were welcomed.’

Otherwise, it is a choice of a drink on the way to Swansea, go into the city centre or drink inside the stadium. Merv Williams informs me; ‘There are a number of pubs on Wind (pronounced as winding a watch) Street in the centre of town, such as Yates, the Bank Statement and the No Sign Bar (the latter being listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide). Ask for Castle Gardens, and you’ll see Wind Street’. The Ivorites Arms on Dinas Street has also been recommended to me.

Alcohol in the form of Carling lager and Worthington bitter are served within the stadium. The Club opens the turnstiles 90 minutes before kick off so that fans have the option to eat & drink within the stadium itself.

tskezz

giphy.gif

tskezz

Apparently away fans normally head to Wind Street with loads of bars on, including a Slug, Spoons, Bucket List & The Bank Statement which all allow away fans.

Liquid Gold

Apparently away fans normally head to Wind Street with loads of bars on, including a Slug, Spoons, Bucket List & The Bank Statement which all allow away fans.
I think I'm going to do the same then either leave early and have a good walk up there and have a pint inside the ground if I'm early or jump in a taxi to get me there before KO

tskezz

I think I'm going to do the same then either leave early and have a good walk up there and have a pint inside the ground if I'm early or jump in a taxi to get me there before KO
Yeah, not a bad shout. Harvester outside the ground is said to be a place people go, though I'm not sure I'm to interested in that.

Users who are viewing this thread