Pubs for Middlesbrough (1 Viewer)

tskezz

Never been before, does anyone have any recommendations or know of any away pubs?

Normally when I post this I get people replying telling me to try a pub 40 mins away that does a great pint of bishops finger. So to specify I don't care how shit the pub or beer is I'm more interested in where Cov fans will be heading.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not a particularly helpful reply, but I was talking to my brother yesterday, who lives in Newcastle. He said his daughter was flying from Belfast to Teeside International airport. They've called it this and renamed it several times, avoiding the word Middlesborough (as it puts people off) My brother really doesn't like the place (and not many others in the NE do either). I know a few City are stopping over in Whitley Bay for the weekend.

Bertola

Seem to remember there being nothing by the ground (although it as a few years ago). Getting a great pint of bishops finger, 40 mins away might actually be your best bet!

tskezz

Not a particularly helpful reply, but I was talking to my brother yesterday, who lives in Newcastle. He said his daughter was flying from Belfast to Teeside International airport. They've called it this and renamed it several times, avoiding the word Middlesborough (as it puts people off) My brother really doesn't like the place (and not many others in the NE do either). I know a few City are stopping over in Whitley Bay for the weekend.
Yeah not to helpful hahaha but interesting at least.

I've heard the navigation is an away pub and the closest to the ground.
Will take a look now

tskezz

From football ground guide

The main pub normally for away fans is Doctor Browns, which a ten minute walk away from the ground at the bottom of Corporation Road, in the town centre. However for certain high profile games, this pub reverts to home supporters only. This pub serves real ale, has SKY TV and on my last visit had a good mix of home and away fans, both inside and outside of the pub. On the corner opposite the pub, is also a sandwich bar, which was doing a brisk trade in amongst other things, trays of roast potatoes and gravy. To find this pub; If you were standing outside the stadium with the main entrance behind you, head over to your left and turn right down the road, going under a bridge. A little way down this road on your left, there is an underpass (there is usually some programme & fanzine sellers standing by its entrance). Go down through the underpass and as you emerge on the other side turn right and go down the road and through another underpass. You will emerge in a small retail park (there is a McDonalds over on your right), which you walk through unto you come to the main road. Turn right along this road and you will see the Doctor Browns pub over on your left. On the same Corporation Street as Doctor Browns but on the other side of the street, is an interesting bar called La Pharmacie, as it was once an old chemists shop. I have been informed that this bar is okay for visiting supporters.

If you like real ales and the smaller micropub, then you are in for a treat. As in Middlesbrough Town Centre, there are five Micropubs, all located very close to one another. They are; the Infant Hercules (Grange Road), Sherlocks, The Slaters Pick, The Twisted Lip (all in Baker Street) and the Devil’s Advocate (Borough Road).

There is a bar at the back of the away stand within the ground which serves pints of John Smiths Bitter (£3.60), Fosters Lager (£3.70), Strongbow Cider (£3.80) and Wine (Small bottle £3.70).

theferret

Was there before one of the England warm-up games before the Euros. Very small inside. It has two small seating areas as you walk in, one to the left and one to the right with the bar in the middle. Big garden area out the back. £2 a pint.

Was in there for the England game also, but the locals were saying it is very much a home pub.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

giphy.gif

Reactions: SBT

Users who are viewing this thread