public toilet hygiene (1 Viewer)

tommydazzle

Annoys me when blokes don't wash their hands after peeing or even worse after shitting. I'm always concerned about touching the door handle to leave the public toilet. The other day I had to use the toilets in a department store (sign of getting old) before making my way to the cafeteria for a coffee and a cheese scone. This grimy looking bloke came out of the cubicle and didn't wash his hands. Luckily I didn't have to wait too long before somebody came in and I could exit without touching the handle - just didn't fancy fecal matter on my cheese scone or some wart-encrusted penis juice as a garnish. My brother got food poisoning years ago and it nearly killed him and the culprit was bacteria from the human gut so it's not an issue I take lightly these days. Not sure if this is the start of some OCD behaviour.

Anyway, enjoy your lunch.

Last edited:

Otis

Ha!!

Same here.

You watch people go to the toilet at the Ricoh (not literally).

My guess is about 25% washing their hands. The rest, not.

I always pull my sleeve down and use that to open doors. Also always carry antibacterial gel with me.

I too have had such poisoning before and it's not at all nice.

tommydazzle

My very first job on leaving school was working in labs and we got into the habit of washing hands before and after peeing. The gel thing might be an idea, I wouldn't want my sleeve absorbing all those pathogens and still being close to my hand!

Otis

My very first job on leaving school was working in labs and we got into the habit of washing hands before and after peeing. The gel thing might be an idea, I wouldn't want my sleeve absorbing all those pathogens and still being close to my hand!
Or, open the door with your hands and then apply the gel.

pastythegreat

Save time washing your hands when going for a piss, wash you crock in the morning before leaving the house.

Joking aside though, in public toilets the hands are minging. You wash your hands only to end up touching the handle. At work we only have paper towels to dry our hands with and the bin is right next to the door so I dry my hands and open the door with the same paper towel before Bunning it as I walk out.

Another thing is the state people leave toilets in. ie not flushing, pissing all over the seat etc etc. My little girl keeps asking if she can come to the games with me and my lad. At the minute I don't think she'd sit through a game without getting bored, but when she will I wouldn't bring her on my own as I wouldn't know what to do with her if she needed a wee. I couldn't tale her in the gents at the Ricoh.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Alkhen

YES a thousand times yes!

fucking animals. i work in an office and even well educated high earning blokes don't. its disgusting

My only theory is their Knobs are so tiny they don't need to aim and can go hands free.

rob9872

At football it's dreadful but what I find more annoying, particularly at home, are pricks who can't even go in the correct end when they're clearly marked "entrance" and "exit". I always block them off, tut and moan at them, but they often still continue to barge past.

Otis

At football it's dreadful but what I find more annoying, particularly at home, are pricks who can't even go in the correct end when they're clearly marked "entrance" and "exit". I always block them off, tut and moan at them, but they often still continue to barge past.
Yeah, get that a lot.

ccfcricoh

Ah yes - the ones that go in the "exit" because the queue for the entrance is too big... The queue being too big because people are having to squeeze past those trying to come in the exit...sure is annoying!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I got severe food poisoning while in Walsgrave Hospital many years ago. I was in agony for days!

Mcbean

Sadly there are those who use a normal loo as you might in some other countries ie standing on the seat while releasing the chocolate hostage - this is a vile activity as use for anyone else is impossible until some poor cleaner also from another shore has to clean it up

Gazolba

I read that toilet seats have less germs than the average door handle.
And the handles of supermarket trolleys (or whatever they are called there) have been tested to have traces of things I'd rather not mention.

Mr Panda

What I don't get is how in every public toilet when you go in you push the door and on the way out you need to pull the door and come into contact with fecal matter just after washing your hands. Why are doors like this? Is it regulation?

I always pull the door with one finger towards the bottom of the handle because for some reason my mind tells me that'll be the area of least contact.

I just avoid public toilets at all costs. Ricoh is horrendous

Gazolba

Fear of germs according to George Carlin:

Otis

What I don't get is how in every public toilet when you go in you push the door and on the way out you need to pull the door and come into contact with fecal matter just after washing your hands. Why are doors like this? Is it regulation?

I always pull the door with one finger towards the bottom of the handle because for some reason my mind tells me that'll be the area of least contact.

I just avoid public toilets at all costs. Ricoh is horrendous
Yeah, but they are just push doors at the Ricoh aren't they?

I always go armed with my gel anyway and always use it after the Ricoh toilets.

Mr Panda

Yeah, but they are just push doors at the Ricoh aren't they?

I always go armed with my gel anyway and always use it after the Ricoh toilets.

Ricoh is a rare exception of push doors to exit. Restaurants, cinemas etc seem to all be pull and contaminate to leave

Otis

Ricoh is a rare exception of push doors to exit. Restaurants, cinemas etc seem to all be pull and contaminate to leave
Don't I just know it, but I thought you were talking about the Ricoh.

The other one I don't like is the self service screens at supermarkets.

You have to key in if you have loose fruit and veg etc. and also key in if you have your own bag, to let the system know if you are paying by card and what type of card and also to state if you want a receipt or not. The screens can not be anything like clean at all and I guess are only wiped down at the end of the day.

I try and tap everything in with my knuckles, but it can prove to be a bit painful.

Covkid1968#

At home ill today....really glad I opened this thread. ....pfffffffff..................

Gazolba

What about the current convention at sporting contests where every person touches hands with every other person.
There can't be a much more efficient way to spread germs.

Gazolba

On a slight tangent, why do Doctors always say 'how are you?' when you go in?

'Oh fine thanks, on top of the world, just fancied a chat'!
They don't say that to me. They either say "Why have you come to see me?", "What can I do for you today?", "What seems to be the trouble?" or they just look at my blood test results and say "Everything looks good". Once the guy said to me "You're the only person I've seen today that I didn't have to advise to lose weight".

Otis

What about the current convention at sporting contests where every person touches hands with every other person.
There can't be a much more efficient way to spread germs.
Lee Burge has antibacterial gel tucked down his socks.

Users who are viewing this thread