Pub for Arsenal (1 Viewer)

ricohroar

Any one have any idea of pubs around the ground that the SBA will be using?

the_ferret

Any one have any idea of pubs around the ground that the SBA will be using?

City fans will be spread all over. People who arrive early will probably head to Punch & Judy in Covent Garden (always popular for England games) and other pubs around there. Otherwise loads to choose from. I imagine the Drayton Park near the ground will be rammed with Cov though closer to kick off.

Last edited:

CTID

Im going to be arriving at around 5:30. So ill post on here if the pub i end up in is any good. Where ever it is well be 150 strong so no doubt it will be pretty good :)

steveo1987

Doing a pub crawl around euston from 1pm.Bree Louise.euston tap,euston flyer,and Mabel's tavern before picking up Victoria line from kings cross to islington.Compton arms is just down from here in the back streets,nice real ale boozer 3/4 mile from ground.

Doing a pub crawl around euston from 1pm.Bree Louise.euston tap,euston flyer,and Mabel's tavern before picking up Victoria line from kings cross to islington.Compton arms is just down from here in the back streets,nice real ale boozer 3/4 mile from ground.

The Compton Arms is my local - very good pub and it's where the CCFC London Supporters Club are meeting before the game. Also the Drayton Park by the ground is a good away fans pub

Rudda

Too many pubs to choose from, there's loads down at finsbury park which is the next station on from Arsenal, and only a 5/10 minute walk from the ground, i'll be in the Halfway House. A few years a go a load of us vocal fans who were priced out had a protest, as tickets are only a tenner for the first time we're all meeting in the ground, right next to you lot as well in blocks 18/19, should make for some good banter! Actually looking forward to this now :) Hope you all enjoy the day

Astute

Too many pubs to choose from, there's loads down at finsbury park which is the next station on from Arsenal, and only a 5/10 minute walk from the ground, i'll be in the Halfway House. A few years a go a load of us vocal fans who were priced out had a protest, as tickets are only a tenner for the first time we're all meeting in the ground, right next to you lot as well in blocks 18/19, should make for some good banter! Actually looking forward to this now :) Hope you all enjoy the day

Looking forward to visiting your new ground. Used to love going to Highbury. Went a few times in the home end as well. Lived in Elephant and Castle in the 80's and knew an Arsenal fan. Vast majority of your fans were a good laugh. Getting there early to have a day mingling with the natives I hope.

Real

I went to the Emirates to watch Arsenal play Liverpool the season before last, it ended 1-1. It was funny hearing the moans from Arsenal fans, getting more and more vocal after the 60minute mark. I had a wry smile thinking to myself how their supporters thought they had it tough, try supporting Coventry, then you know what having a hard time of it is all about.

W

westcountry_skyblue

The Worlds end pub in Camden high st is massive great atmosphere in there,Quite appropriate for us City fan's!!!

sky_blue_up_north

The Worlds end pub in Camden high st is massive great atmosphere in there,Quite appropriate for us City fan's!!!

Ended up there after we played Charlton in the awful end of season game a few years back, good pub. Got stranded in London forgot it was a Bank Holiday so no late trains, had to the get a cab back to High Wycombe (my daughter lived there at the time)... £96 grrrrr

SkyBlueArmy12

Doe's The Compton Arms sell reasonably priced beer?. I'm trying to steer away from it being London and paying possibly £6-£7 for a pint?

PUSB!

Astute

Doe's The Compton Arms sell reasonably priced beer?. I'm trying to steer away from it being London and paying possibly £6-£7 for a pint?

PUSB!

If you want cheap beer then how about Wetherspoons? They have a few pubs within a mile or so of the ground.

The Coronet. 338--346 Holloway Road. N7 6NJ 0.6 miles away.
The White Swan. 255-256 Upper Street, Islington. N1 1RY 0.85 miles away.
The white Lion of Mortimer 125-127 Stroud Green Road Stroud Green, nr Finsbury Park N4 3PX 0.87 Miles
The Rochester Castle 143-145 Stoke Newington High Street Stoke Newington N16 0NY 1.22 Miles away
The Glass Works. The N1 Centre, Parkfield Street, Islington N1 0PS 1.62 Miles

BurbageSkyBlues

Good job it was payday yesterday :)

Gonna get some food first, then head up to the pubs- sounds like the Compton is a good bet? Anyone know if they do food as well ?

If you want cheap beer then how about Wetherspoons? They have a few pubs within a mile or so of the ground.

The Coronet. 338--346 Holloway Road. N7 6NJ 0.6 miles away.
The White Swan. 255-256 Upper Street, Islington. N1 1RY 0.85 miles away.
The white Lion of Mortimer 125-127 Stroud Green Road Stroud Green, nr Finsbury Park N4 3PX 0.87 Miles
The Rochester Castle 143-145 Stoke Newington High Street Stoke Newington N16 0NY 1.22 Miles away
The Glass Works. The N1 Centre, Parkfield Street, Islington N1 0PS 1.62 Miles

Absolutely. Good suggestion. The Compton is standard London prices I'm afraid, not cheap... £3.70 for a pint of Guinness and (I think) premium lagers. It's around the £3.50 mark for the ales. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong but I think that's about right.

The most convenient Weatherspoons I'd say is The White Swan. It's 1 minute from Highbury & Islington tube station and less than 10mins walk to the ground. Personally, I'd avoid The Coronet - it looks like a place people go to die..

No mate,Dave Southam from Banbury way.you won't miss us in the Compton,Oggy is around 6ft 6in,has a mullet and goatee beard.I'm the tubby one with a sky
blue polo shirt on.

Good stuff mate. I'll be there from about 5.30. Will be the guy in last season's home shirt probably being ripped by the locals and bar staff. Look out for a sky blue balloon - one of my mates is celebrating 75 years as a Cov fan. That's the equivalent of three life sentences...

Gaz

Just got my first pint down here and it's £3.85
Might try and find a spar lol

Astute

In the coronet. Strongbow £1.99 a pint and only a couple of mins from the ground :D

Users who are viewing this thread