PTSD (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

The good old days when we didn't waste 7m on players! And fans were happy!

shy_tall_knight

This team lost 0-3 at home to Swindon in Jan 2015, the team isn't that bad but we were 2 down after 20 mins, it was a small 7,000 crowd this was my lowest point as a Cov fan, we were totally outclassed.

1691144054508.png

Dickie

View attachment 31145

Hot Mess Trainwreck GIF by GIPHY News
How times have changed. State of that 11.

Evo1883

This team lost 0-3 at home to Swindon in Jan 2015, the team isn't that bad but we were 2 down after 20 mins, it was a small 7,000 crowd this was my lowest point as a Cov fan, we were totally outclassed.

View attachment 31173
My lowest point came at Rochdale away under Robins actually , one of his first games back .. lost 2-0 , we were just doomed to relegation , Rochdale fans laughing at us , city fans cheering sarcastically with a shot , Rochdale fans joining in ... we had 5 shots 0 on target

Screenshot_20230804_113056_Chrome.jpg

Brighton Sky Blue

My lowest point came at Rochdale away under Robins actually , one of his first games back .. lost 2-0 , we were just doomed to relegation , Rochdale fans laughing at us , city fans cheering sarcastically with a shot , Rochdale fans joining in ... we had 5 shots 0 on target

View attachment 31174
Besides the 4-1 thrashing at Bristol Rovers, the nadir for me was the 2-1 defeat at Bury. Midweek and utterly miserable with everyone in the back 4 actually a CB.

F3A28823-D950-46B8-9C9A-5437AAB262F2.jpeg

covcity4life

Think losing 2-0 to Southend after 2 early goals was worse I seen it. I never leave early but wanted too that night.

Screenshot_2023-08-04-12-10-08-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The PTSD still runs strong in our fan base. No joke, at the start of last season when we were winless for a while - someone sent a text to CWR discussing the possibility of Russell Slade coming back to, I quote: 'Steady the ship'. I have a theory that it was @Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue - although he denies it.

It isn't really surprising that we don't know how to behave when we actually sign some decent players. The level of trauma is disturbing. Probably understanding given what we've had to put up with over the years.

SkyBlueSam01

View attachment 31173

I sat my entire flat down to watch this in the first year of uni in an attempt to convince them all that supporting a non premier league football team is good fun...

Needless to say they all thought I was a complete mug

Brighton Sky Blue

The PTSD still runs strong in our fan base. No joke, at the start of last season when we were winless for a while - someone sent a text to CWR discussing the possibility of Russell Slade coming back to, I quote: 'Steady the ship'. I have a theory that it was @Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue - although he denies it.

It isn't really surprising that we don't know how to behave when we actually sign some decent players. The level of trauma is disturbing. Probably understanding given what we've had to put up with over the years.
Well this time 6 years ago we were pleased to have lured Michael Doyle back to the club and our big international signing was Biamou

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I barely remember some of those names (Rawson, Turnbull, Reilly). Rose was decent, but didn't quite fit with our play. Always thought Kelly-Evans looked decent (Dion, not Declan) but has played at Non League level since leaving. Tudgay...Jesus. Slow, never scored and picking up his last pay cheque.
Clearly you didn't think much of him, given his name is Devon.

Alkhen

family guy help GIF

So bleak.

Totally conditioned to accept mediocrity at that point, I was actually quite excited at the prospect of Rose coming in for LA Galaxy II 🤮
Evidently such a grim period of history I have wiped it clear from my memory.

McBean was LA Galaxy II I think.
Andy Rose played for Vancouver

Users who are viewing this thread