PS5 (2 Viewers)

Alkhen

Don’t get the obsession with controller designs. That’s usually the last of my worries on a new console!

Agreed, there are a few improvements that should happen but I'd be more down with the idea of the ps4 ones being compatable for local co-op.

I have a few extra controllers that only get used occasionally.

The ps3 ones would have been fine for 90% of ps4 games, especially sports games yet they locked them out

Covstu

Agreed, there are a few improvements that should happen but I'd be more down with the idea of the ps4 ones being compatable for local co-op.

I have a few extra controllers that only get used occasionally.

The ps3 ones would have been fine for 90% of ps4 games, especially sports games yet they locked them out
My controller has lasted two PS4’s! The thumb pad is worn but it’s part of the charm!

ajsccfc

Controller design is key, the PS3 controller was initially weightless and flimsy whereas DS4 feels like they got the whole design right, even bearing in the mind the touchpad that you'd forget even exists. PS4 pad is the best since one of the early PS1 pads with the sticks where it was a supersized sturdy beast of a controller, you need some weight about it.

The console design though is one I'm not hugely bothered about though, house it inside a giant plastic dog poo so long as it's quiet and ventilated.

vow

The thumbsticks on mine degraded so bad Ireplaced them for aluminum ones. Only took an hour or so to get used to the different feel and I now prefer them to the originals.
View attachment 14107
No one likes a show off m8

giphy.gif

Alkhen

I shouldn't really but cannot resist .

Love a bit of GLC, went to Uni in Caerleon near Newport. Maggots mum lived down the street from our student house. used to see him rock up with the BMW he brought with his Big Brother money, reg number was something like M466OT

Alkhen

https://www.t3.com/news/ps5-news-this-playstation-5-design-looks-incredible-in-new-leaked-video

That looks amazing! Would be great if they could have some sort of screen on the controller

controller screens are not for me. it wouldnt be big enough to play full games on and who really needs a separate hud? I had a Wii U and that was pretty much pointless, it actually put me off when playing Breath of the wild as you have this light source glaring at you in your peripheral vision. would munch through batteries too. id rather a simpler design with more battery life

Liquid Gold

controller screens are not for me. it wouldnt be big enough to play full games on and who really needs a separate hud? I had a Wii U and that was pretty much pointless, it actually put me off when playing Breath of the wild as you have this light source glaring at you in your peripheral vision. would munch through batteries too. id rather a simpler design with more battery life
It would be pretty cool if it wasn't on all the time but just occasionally. Like opening a map on a game or notepad, it's actually in your hand like ti would be.

ajsccfc

Are they showing anything or is it going to be a nerdy specfest? If they let us see it I'm in, teraflops I'm out

ajsccfc

Ooh nice. I wouldn't be surprised if all the consoles are delayed into next year now but getting to see it would be some consolation

ajsccfc

The stuff about the SSD speed sounds good. What would impress me most is rapid loading and the selective install thing where I can just not bother with the online component I'll never use and save a load of time

Covstu

Xbox technically a better machine apart from SSD but also they always nail the exclusives. I’m staying with PlayStation methinks

ajsccfc

Last of Us 2 (due May) has been delayed indefinitely due to the challenges of releasing physical media in the current environment, I'd be surprised if either new console sticks to the original schedule now.

Users who are viewing this thread